Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Alright! Here we go... Here's the near final draft of the details to create a positive, seamless, awesome/epic weekend.

Off the Grid - Bald Mountain: Friday, September 23rd - Sunday, September 25th
Single Driver/Rig: $150.00 (Max 75 passes)
Adult Passenger: $60.00 (up to 3 per rig)
Kids: Free (unlimited)

Overland Bound Bootcamp (optional) - Bald Mountain: Thursday, September 22nd - Friday, September 23rd
Cost per Attendee: $250.00 (Max 20 passes)

Off the Grid:

Last year had us running around non-stop for weeks. I have a background in live event/trade show production, and I knew what I was getting into. I still remember the moment when Michael and I looked at each other and said "F*ck it, let's do this". We thought 30 people might join us (if we were lucky).

Welllll.... We had 75+ people and 38 rigs show up, and it blew our minds. AND... We had members go above and beyond to help make the weekend special. We. Were. LUCKY.

This year with more attendees, we will need a team to help execute the vision. We are expanding certain offerings. We will have 2 catered meals Friday and Saturday night.

Overland Bound Bootcamp:
This one is new to us. Our goal is to create the highest value real time learning environment with world class overland teachers and guides. The classroom IS the trail. This will be a 6AM - 6PM hardcore adventure, and at the end of the day, we will celebrate the graduates in front of the Off the Grid welcome campfire. Graduates will each receive a custom Overland Bound Bootcamp emblem and patch. We will be announcing instructors soon.

This is the part where Michael starts to say I'm explaining too much (and he's probably right), but I'm passionate about our mission and our members, and I would love to hear your thoughts. Please reply or shoot me a DM with questions.

Hugs and high fives to ya'll.

Corrie

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

What if i want to do the bootcamp and have a passenger riding with me?
Great question. Each attendee will receive the same instruction from the same instructors at the same time, so cost is the same. If there are two people in a rig, we will ensure that each is able to have a chance to execute technical skills on the trail. We will have 5-6 learning stations along the way, and we're using the cohort model of learning.

More than happy to discuss further!

Reactions: Michael

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Great question. Each attendee will receive the same instruction from the same instructors at the same time, so cost is the same. If there are two people in a rig, we will ensure that each is able to have a chance to execute technical skills on the trail. We will have 5-6 learning stations along the way, and we're using the cohort model of learning.

One more question is the 250 on top of the 150 need to figure out how to sell this to my bank aka the wife.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

So me and a passenger in one ride, 210 dollars?

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Am I reading this right?

$150 for Rig + Driver (Off the Grid Rally)
$60 for Passenger (Off the Grid Rally)
$250 for Bootcamp (does this cover the passenger?)
$460 total for 2 people?

Or is the Bootcamp $250 for the driver and another $250 the passenger for a total of $710?

Reactions: murps

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

So if I want do the boot camp, Deb either has to sit in camp by herself, or pay the $250 to sit in back and watch?

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Count me in! If there is still room. Also Is there a thread that I missed of what will be covered at the bootcamp? its been a very busy couple weeks and have not been on the forums much... @Corrie or @Michael Totally in for the main event. Need a little more intel before I can say go for the bootcamp or not.

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: fj80cruiserlife

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

So one group does the trail and another group goes through bootcamp? that's a really cool idea. I can't wait to hear what the classes are!