Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Looking for options in canada , love the military style trailers. Basically want to use a RTT but don't want it on my vehicle rooftop. Maybe excessive as I will be only doing weekend camping. Wants vs needs
Hey, we've been looking at the same thing...

Gnome trailers out of Sherwood Park makes an off-road teardrop
www.gnomealittle.com/gnome-trailers/#Storm8211rugged5x8floorplan

Then there's Off-Grid trailers. Used to be in Red Deer but have moved to Edmonton. They're at a higher cost than the Gnome brands
http://www.offgridtrailers.ca

That's what we've found that are the most local to us in Alberta...

OBiE0311

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd pitch in here. would love some insight into adventure trailers as a whole. My wife and I were looking at a Conquerer 390, but they are expensive and I was wanting o be sure before we dropped the coin on one. Also, I know that there are other manufacturers out there and I'd like to know how the Conquerer stacks up. I looked at Patriot Campers too, but they are actually more expensive, which is a little mind boggling...

Anyway, we have one of the two Conquerer sales centers in the US right here in Colorado Springs, so I got to go and check out all of the models and they are all super nice. The 490 is just mind blowing, but we think that the 390 is more our budget.

Thoughts?

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

Looking for options in canada , love the military style trailers. Basically want to use a RTT but don't want it on my vehicle rooftop. Maybe excessive as I will be only doing weekend camping. Wants vs needs
We have 3 full equipped trailer models being shipped from S Africa next week and they will be here in Calgary end of April/beginning of May along with our RTT, Annex rooms, 270 Degree Awnings & 215 Watt Solar blankets for Overland and Emergency use. If you have any questions on them let me know, we will have all of these for people to see at the BC Overland Rally 12-15 July as well. The trailer models have full electrical, 120L water capacity, fridge/freezer, sleeping for up to 7, excellent storage, independent suspension and very light weight. 2 models have hot water on demand and showers as well. The Tec2 is 1080lbs, Tec5 is 1279lbs & the Chobe Tec is 1672lbs, so all are very lightweight. Note all of them will have 265/70/17 tires with Matte Black Alloy rims not the 15" ones shown (these are the same bolt pattern as the 4Runner/Tacoma/FJ), also the Chobe Tec grey one in the pictures will be army tan in color with the Awning being army green in color, hoping to have better pictures within a week

Last edited:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Morris over in Alabama builds some pretty good trailers at a lower price point.

http://www.morrismule.com/
I 100% second Morris Mule trailers, and Morris himself, as a recommendation! One of the best purchasing experiences I’ve ever had.

Morris’s trailers are very well built, his prices are more than fair, and he is very flexible with making changes to best suit your needs.

I highly recommend looking at his trailers, site, and giving him a call. Great guy!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

WU7X

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Avery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WU7X
Picked up a demo model on sale from these guys based in Calgary, Ab, Canada. Should be here Early next week, will post a review.
http://www.tradewestfabrication.com/our-work

Also, importers of Eho trailers and RTTs in BC.
http://echo4x4.net/
I just checked out the Echo at BCOR a couple of days ago. Am very interested in the product, but when I followed your website address it says that they are no longer available in North America. Too bad as it looked really, really good.

If they are still available, I'd like to know about the Chobe model. On the S. African site they show them both and sleeping two or four people. I'd like the two person model.

Last edited:

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
Hi Guys, I have been towing a Patriot Campers X1GT for a year now, I think by now I know what I'm on about. This trailer manufactured in Brisbane Australia very close to an awful lot of camping. We have dragged this all over Calfornia, Arizona, Colorado, Utah. It is a wicked piece of kit. I did get the pleasure of meeting the developer/founder/builder of the trailer when I picked it up and Justin and Sarah are amazing ambassadors for their product. Matt Green of Exploration Outfitters in Oklahoma is amazing too. here's a couple of pix20180722_092303.jpg 20180720_190800.jpg X1.JPG

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

I was going to put together a list of trailer manufacturers, but when I searched, I found a great resource on The Adventure Portal

http://www.theadventureportal.com/off-road-trailer-buyers-guide-2015-2016/

They have a spreadsheet with several manufacturers listed, with web links, phone numbers, prices, etc. [LINK], but I'm sure this will change frequently. So if you are in the market, look around and see what's available. Please post links to any other sources or manufacturers that aren't listed. No need to list distributors, as that is region specific.

Three that I know of not on the list are
Sylvan Sport Go http://www.sylvansport.com
Taxa's Cricket and Tiger Moth Trailers http://www.taxa.us
Backcountry Box's Roady and Rocky trailers http://www.backcountrybox.com
Thanks!

Reactions: Steve

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

I'm here to offer my assistance of what I believe to be two of the top Built Tear Drops on the market! @HikerTrailers and @OffGridTrailers I carry them both in Lake Havasu Az and help design with both company's! I'm a Avid user and can truly say this is the quickest way to set up camp while overlanding with a trailer! One build is Budget friendly and the other just clicks all the dam boxes! LOL! Call me I can help answer Overland Trailer questions and help!

Kenny

Rank II
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Adirondacks, NY
First Name
Kenny
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

I was going to put together a list of trailer manufacturers, but when I searched, I found a great resource on The Adventure Portal

Off-Road Trailer Buyer's Guide -

They have a spreadsheet with several manufacturers listed, with web links, phone numbers, prices, etc. [LINK], but I'm sure this will change frequently. So if you are in the market, look around and see what's available. Please post links to any other sources or manufacturers that aren't listed. No need to list distributors, as that is region specific.

Three that I know of not on the list are
Sylvan Sport Go Adventure Camping Trailers & Outdoor Accessories | SylvanSport
Taxa's Cricket and Tiger Moth Trailers http://www.taxa.us
Backcountry Box's Roady and Rocky trailers http://www.backcountrybox.com
I am loking for a Xventure XV3 with slide out kitchen for sale. Any one know of a dealer on east coast besides OK4WD that may sell one, or is anyone on here selling a Xventure trailer? Thx

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Coachmen has just brought out what it calls an off road trailer. It's the Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0td V-PKG. I have the non V-PKG version which is definitely not an off road trailer. It's good a foundation though if you want something to modify. I'm not sure if the V-PKG additions make it into a decent off road trailer … but again, it's a good start.

Last edited:

noah.wass

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Wass
Member #

I started compiling this list into a Google Sheet and was looking for a good place to post the link to this spreadsheet. Looks like I found the right spot. It's going to take a bit of work to update/maintain trailers and the information, so if anyone is interested in assisting, I'd appreciate it. I would prefer that members message me directly with trailer manufacturer suggestions to avoid clogging up this thread. I can add the details from there.

For those of you interested, here is what I have listed so far. I plan on taking the trailers listed in this thread so far and adding them to this list.

**EDIT: I've added all of the trailers listed so far in this thread in the spreadsheet in the link above. PM me with any requests for added details.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveInCO

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Can you send me a link your website. I like Echo 4x4 Chobe .

We have 3 full equipped trailer models being shipped from S Africa next week and they will be here in Calgary end of April/beginning of May along with our RTT, Annex rooms, 270 Degree Awnings & 215 Watt Solar blankets for Overland and Emergency use. If you have any questions on them let me know, we will have all of these for people to see at the BC Overland Rally 12-15 July as well. The trailer models have full electrical, 120L water capacity, fridge/freezer, sleeping for up to 7, excellent storage, independent suspension and very light weight. 2 models have hot water on demand and showers as well. The Tec2 is 1080lbs, Tec5 is 1279lbs & the Chobe Tec is 1672lbs, so all are very lightweight. Note all of them will have 265/70/17 tires with Matte Black Alloy rims not the 15" ones shown (these are the same bolt pattern as the 4Runner/Tacoma/FJ), also the Chobe Tec grey one in the pictures will be army tan in color with the Awning being army green in color, hoping to have better pictures within a week

lemaycanique

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Member #

I really like this Livin Lite trailer. Their trailers have always interested me. How long have you had yours? Does it tow well?
I had it for 2 years and no problem towing it. I find the metal top cover is havie but it is solid. It's good on roads and gravel roads I did not tried it on rocky terrain ( like a Montain ) but I will do it this year I'm going to Mont Radar ( OPEN TRAIL - Domaine du Radar ) I will try it with the tent trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku