Off-Road Trailer Manufacturers Listing

• HTML tutorial

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

I'm thinking a trailer is the way to go if you want to do some 4x4ing while out on the trail. Having to unpack a rig and unmount stuff from the top/back seems like it would be much more trouble.
Is there a good consensus about which is best if you like to do more serious 4x4ing while on a trip?
Opinion only, an RTT top mounted on the rig is a decent way to go however daily driver not so much, you can equip the rig to handle all the accessories fridge, shower, stove. Best unit I've seen so far for the JKU applications is the Ursa Minor big bucks but drop and goIMG_0162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ob4838

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

I have heard of a military grade aluminum trailer from (Shultts Industry)
Called the xventure trailers. I apologize if I butchered the name of the company.

Sent from my STV100-1 using OB Talk mobile app
No butcher, that's what they are called, the ones I've seen are well built, but costly. Profit is one thing flamboyant is another, my opinion only

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

T4RZAKK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Worth Tx
Member #

Anchor Mountain Overland makes custom overland trailers.

Our standard Overland Utility Trailer (OUT) starts at $4250 and comes with a black powdercoated frame and tub powdercoated in a number of colors. A custom made 65" wide 3500lbs torsion axle, LED lights, aluminum tailgate and 17" wheels with 285/70/17 tires are all standard. The tub is 60" x 48.5" inside with an additional room for gear on the tongue. Each trailer is built to order in Fruita, Colorado.View attachment 17616
I like these!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I'm leaning towards the UEV-490. My Jeep will be getting a 5.7 Hemi soon. Should make it much easier to tow a large expedition trailer like this (already have heavy duty axles, gears, breaks, etc...)

Scott Marquez

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Poquoson, VA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Marquez
Member #

I was going to put together a list of trailer manufacturers, but when I searched, I found a great resource on The Adventure Portal

http://www.theadventureportal.com/off-road-trailer-buyers-guide-2015-2016/

They have a spreadsheet with several manufacturers listed, with web links, phone numbers, prices, etc. [LINK], but I'm sure this will change frequently. So if you are in the market, look around and see what's available. Please post links to any other sources or manufacturers that aren't listed. No need to list distributors, as that is region specific.

Three that I know of not on the list are
Sylvan Sport Go http://www.sylvansport.com
Taxa's Cricket and Tiger Moth Trailers http://www.taxa.us
Backcountry Box's Roady and Rocky trailers http://www.backcountrybox.com

I recently purchased a Patriot X1 from Patriot Campers...the build and components look perfect for what we need. It has not arrived yet, so more to come with a review later, however if you google them there are some good videos.

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

Echo 4x4 Tec5 & Tec2 Trailers from S Africa are now available in both Canada and the US, great trailers being they offer everything including hot water on demand, even a shower.

Tec5

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

Will be heading to S Africa 25 November to tour the manufacturers facility and place an order for the Echo 4x4 Tec2 & Tec5 off-road camping trailers, they will be landing in Calgary Alberta, April 2018, here are the links if anyone would find value in these feel free to contact me. Keep in mind pricing is in Canadian dollars. Am truly looking forward to getting one for myself so I can overland in comfort with family and friends.

Tec2 Off-Road Camping Trailer
Tec5 Off-Road Camping Trailer

Reactions: ob4838

MattF

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cedar Hill, TN - Enumclaw, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Fyke
Member #

I am a dealer in Washington state and have considered buying some of these, because there seems to be a market for them...but haven't decided whether or not It would be worth it.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have heard of a military grade aluminum trailer from (Shultts Industry)
Called the xventure trailers. I apologize if I butchered the name of the company.

Sent from my STV100-1 using OB Talk mobile app
No butcher, that's what they are called, the ones I've seen are well built, but costly. Profit is one thing flamboyant is another, my opinion only

It's actually Schutt Industries, "America's leading manufacturer of industrial and military grade cargo handling equipment" and their severe-duty XVenture Trailers.

They're on the list Steve presented in the original post, though Schutt now has much more to offer than just the one mentioned in AdventurePortal's list. Pound for pound, feature for feature, they cost less than many out there and will far outlast all others, and flamboyant they're not. Clean, simple, rugged as all get-out, and meant to take any kind of punishment you can throw at it.

I have a 2017 XV-2 I bought new as a foundation for the type of off-road/basecamp rig I've wanted for a long time. I'm just back from a 16 week, 12,500 mile trip with my XV-2 for a few weeks before heading back out, and can say with all seriousness it is by far the best investment in an off-road trailer I could have made. I researched trailers for a long time and looked at many on the list presented in this thread. The XVenture trailers are multi-purpose, unlike many off-road trailers, and are designed not just for camping. My XV-2 is like a one ton pickup bed on steroids, with a 22gal water tank, water heater, mil spec plumbing and electrical, torsion axle, revolutionary Alcoa huck-bolted frame, and completely line-x'd. I can use it for construction and off-grid building work, hauling gravel or timbers for landscape, or load a motorcycle into it, and more.

It is so well designed, engineered and so extremely well-built by America's leading manufacturer of military trailers, it will last generations.

But this isn't a thread for reviews as much as it is a listing of off-road trailers. Check 'em out: http://www.schuttindustries.com/Xventure/XVENTURE-Trailers

Anyone with questions about the XV-2 can feel free to direct message me. I'm not always within cell range, but will reply as I'm able.

xv2-allpackedup-IMG_2217.JPG
xv2-gearlaidout_IMG_2223.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: MOAK

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

I would recommend stay away from Moby 1 trailers. Personal experience. Better off elsewhere....
Being the owner of one for the last three years, I would have to disagree with that assessment.

Everyone’s experiences are different, but ours have been wonderful.

We’ve been to the Mojave, Olympic Peninsula, Moab, Sedona, St George, the ID BDR, Flagstaff and others. Pretty darn happy.

The three rules of mountaineering:

1 - Look good
2 - Act cool
3 - Safety third

XJackal

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Looking for options in canada , love the military style trailers. Basically want to use a RTT but don't want it on my vehicle rooftop. Maybe excessive as I will be only doing weekend camping. Wants vs needs