Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

and docks, bridges, houses and heck Howard Hughes made an airplane out of wood. P.S. wood doesn't rust either.

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Love all the available manufacturers, the options, etc. Still can't bring myself to take the leap due to sticker shock. And now to read here how it's possible to achieve basic goals at a fraction of the cost or production trailers, well, I can't even think of jumping into a production box.

Who knows though? Time/money/reliability and the lack of personal expertise may just push me into a prod unit anyways.

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Love all the available manufacturers, the options, etc. Still can't bring myself to take the leap due to sticker shock. And now to read here how it's possible to achieve basic goals at a fraction of the cost or production trailers, well, I can't even think of jumping into a production box.

Who knows though? Time/money/reliability and the lack of personal expertise may just push me into a prod unit anyways.
DIY is lots of fun. 1% of the population can build a trailer at the same quality level of most production units. Anyone that says different is wrong or in a bubble of people who are professional cabinetry makers and fabrication experts.

With that said who cares what you pull. If it make you happy and gets you outdoors more great.

I have owned a variety of DIY and production trailers so I can talk from experience. I currently own a higher end production model and a 1956 M100 trailer. Each serves a purpose.

Reactions: Road and legrena

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran

DIY is lots of fun. 1% of the population can build a trailer at the same quality level of most production units. Anyone that says different is wrong or in a bubble of people who are professional cabinetry makers and fabrication experts.

With that said who cares what you pull. If it make you happy and gets you outdoors more great.

I have owned a variety of DIY and production trailers so I can talk from experience. I currently own a higher end production model and a 1956 M100 trailer. Each serves a purpose.
Logic. That’s the best way to see and approach this.

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
This thing looks really well done, compact, efficient.
Just as an observation, the connection between this trailer and the tow vehicle will be lost on the first aggressive rock crawl, with a traditional "ball" hitch. I have dragged my trailer around for over 4 years now and the hitch is probably the most important first decision in the design of the trailer and will define the environments in which it will be effective.

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
This thing looks really well done, compact, efficient.
Just as an observation, the connection between this trailer and the tow vehicle will be lost on the first aggressive rock crawl, with a traditional "ball" hitch. I have dragged my trailer around for over 4 years now and the hitch is probably the most important first decision in the design of the trailer and will define the environments in which it will be effective.
so then there’s the max coupler?

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
so then there’s the max coupler?
Yes, the DO35 from Cruisemaster Australia is anther option. Sloop Imports from Colorado represents them here in the USA.
Thanks for that. I’ll check it out.

Edit: That’s really cool stuff right there. I appreciate the lead on that!

Last edited:

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR

If I can help in any way just let me know. I pull a 2017 Patriot X1GT, we've done over 50000 miles together so I've learnt a few things. Colin

Reactions: Kent R and legrena

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran

If I can help in any way just let me know. I pull a 2017 Patriot X1GT, we've done over 50000 miles together so I've learnt a few things. Colin
Thank you for that. I can tell you’re quite experienced in this area. At the moment I’m in the process of gathering as much Intel as possible while prepping my rig. Once that’s set, I’ll definitely reach out for guidance.

Bebo

Rank 0

Contributor II

USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Bolous
Exodus is a luxury overlander Rig designed and manufactured in USA . Engineered and constructed with innovative technologies to enhance the consumer’s needs! It is the tough comfort and the luxurious rigidity.

Attachments

U

UgotWheelz

Just chiming in to add my new Offroad trailer, manufactured by forest river, IBEX 10LHG which is the same trailer as the no boundaries 10.6 with the addition of the new Curt beast mode, Independent coil, spring suspension. This new suspension makes both the ibex 10 and the no boundaries 10.6 into game changers for somebody looking for a simple off-road camper. I have a walk around and some reviews on my social media.