Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Not sure it's a bug but it's kinda a problem. Whenever I try to change the layers on the map, it tells me to upgrade. I was grandfathered in by being a member before whatever the cutoff date was. As I understand it, there are still some features you HAVE to pay for with subscription. That's fine but the problem is that the BLM and I believe National Forrest lands layers are stuck on. I can't even see what layers because as soon as I hit the layers button it just tells me to upgrade. I used to be able to select layers before whatever update broke it so it seems dumb I can't now
Hi Scott and @Steve_ohhhhh this issue has been resolved. PLease let me know if you have any issues with filters now.

M
It works! Cheers team. Good job.

Reactions: Michael

Scott_Milk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

Not sure it's a bug but it's kinda a problem. Whenever I try to change the layers on the map, it tells me to upgrade. I was grandfathered in by being a member before whatever the cutoff date was. As I understand it, there are still some features you HAVE to pay for with subscription. That's fine but the problem is that the BLM and I believe National Forrest lands layers are stuck on. I can't even see what layers because as soon as I hit the layers button it just tells me to upgrade. I used to be able to select layers before whatever update broke it so it seems dumb I can't now
Hi Scott and @Steve_ohhhhh this issue has been resolved. PLease let me know if you have any issues with filters now.

M
Works great thanks

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Time zone in POIs with opening hours

For some POI types we can select opening hours. There is also a dropdown menu to select the time zone. There I noticed that I can only select the domestic time zone. What happens if I now enter a POI that is located in a different time zone? Is this then displayed correctly for all? I am unsure and have left it open for now.

@Michael Maybe you can check this once in a while please. Thank you for your support.

Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @El-Dracho and thanks for all of your support and feedback. Let me know if I missed anything in this thread. I thought I was caught up. Thanks!

Regarding timezones, that is a very good point! When entering times it assumes local. Instead of being dynamic - which could also be confusing, per haps we put a note in the app - "Local Time Zone".

M

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
For some reason the system back button will not work. I have to use the in app bacl button to leave threads, profiles, rally point, etc. I can use the system back button to exit a reply, but that appears to be the only time it works.

Android 12, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g

Reactions: El-Dracho

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
For some reason the system back button will not work. I have to use the in app bacl button to leave threads, profiles, rally point, etc. I can use the system back button to exit a reply, but that appears to be the only time it works.

Android 12, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g
Thanks for the report! We'll hit this list, and do some poking around.
  • Thread back button
  • Profile back button
  • Rally Point back button
If we discover a "higher level" issue, it may allow us to fix all at once, but these things are often case by case.

Reactions: El-Dracho and K12

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi @Michael

First of all, I think it's a great idea with the new feature - Add "Get Location from Photo" option in create POI screens. Thank you for that.

I just tried this twice and unfortunately the app crashed.

OB 1 App version 11.9.2.0513
Android 11
Samsung Xcover 4s device

Happy to help to reconstruct the error. Just let me know if you need any more info on it, please.

Thank you
Bjoern

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @Michael

First of all, I think it's a great idea with the new feature - Add "Get Location from Photo" option in create POI screens. Thank you for that.

I just tried this twice and unfortunately the app crashed.

OB 1 App version 11.9.2.0513
Android 11
Samsung Xcover 4s device

Happy to help to reconstruct the error. Just let me know if you need any more info on it, please.

Thank you
Bjoern
We will take a look - thank you for the detailed info!

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I uploaded a map(gpx) and now the app crashes every time I try to access my maps, saved or other wise. I’m using a IPad. I’ve rebooted the iPad and deleted and reinstalled OB1 and it’s still doing it. Any idea?

Reactions: M Rose

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I uploaded a map(gpx) and now the app crashes every time I try to access my maps, saved or other wise. I’m using a IPad. I’ve rebooted the iPad and deleted and reinstalled OB1 and it’s still doing it. Any idea?
Ok, thank you for letting me know. You took good mitigation steps. I’ll look into this and let you know what we find.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
When Creating a rally point in the Android OB1 app I could only set the date (Start/End) to the current month. I tried swiping and clicking everything with no success.

Android 12, Samsung S21 Ultra

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.9.2

Repeatedly receive the error 'API key provided in request was not found.' when navigating to the home, forums, or profile screens. Forum content does not load.
Is this still happening with latest build? Delete app - re-install?

JustJP

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Pool
Member #

Now on v11.10.0 and it was still happening until I cleared all app cache/storage.

Now it seems to behave until I enable biometric authentication and reopen the app. Going back in and disabling biometric authentication doesn't resolve it, I have to clear all app cache/storage again.

Might have something to do with editing certain app settings?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Now on v11.10.0 and it was still happening until I cleared all app cache/storage.

Now it seems to behave until I enable biometric authentication and reopen the app. Going back in and disabling biometric authentication doesn't resolve it, I have to clear all app cache/storage again.

Might have something to do with editing certain app settings?
Ok. Good info. I’ll add this to the ticket. Thanks for your patience!

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
When using the app on my Iphone 13, and reading an entire thread of more than one page, when you finish page 1 and go to page 2 (for example) the second page loads with you at the bottom of the page so you have to scroll all the way up to the top of the next page to start reading in order.......it has done this for months, if not forever.....kinda annoying.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We will take a look - thank you for the detailed info!
Hi Michael,

Following your post with the new "Get Location From Photo" button I also tried this function again while adding a POI. I think this function is really a great idea and makes it so much easier. But unfortunately, the app still crahes then when I use it.

OB 1 App version 11.10.1.0609
Android 11
Samsung Xcover 4s device

If you need more info or I can help to reconstruct the error just let me know please. Always happy to help.

Bjoern

JustJP

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Pool
Member #

@Michael
Android 12.1
Pixel 6 Pro
App v11.10.1

On the Plan tab of Maps, tapping on a Resource icon (Camp Site, Offroad Trail, WiFi, etc.) isn't popping up any information about the location (title, notes, coordinates, etc.)

I've tried clearing storage/cache, reinstalling, etc.

Also occasionally have problems with the map snapping back to my current location while panning and zooming around the map. Haven't pinned down to to exactly to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!