Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi @ Michael the new update is crashing when trying to use the map!
Did this get resolved with the latest version?
What is your Android OS version?
Hi @Michael ...sorry it's been a while...Yes app seems to be working fine now except it still won't close normally when exiting it, I have to open the 3 bars on the bottom Samsung menu and swipe it to force it to close!

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Sorry been MIA, will use the app tomorrow, going back up to Oregon. Unfortunately a lot of life stuff happening (as it goes) I'd say more but dont want the drama or the sympathy lol. took a quick look at the update info and wow, once again very impressed with the rigor.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Sorry been MIA, will use the app tomorrow, going back up to Oregon. Unfortunately a lot of life stuff happening (as it goes) I'd say more but dont want the drama or the sympathy lol. took a quick look at the update info and wow, once again very impressed with the rigor.
Thank you for checking in! God speed and good luck too.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @Michael ...sorry it's been a while...Yes app seems to be working fine now except it still won't close normally when exiting it, I have to open the 3 bars on the bottom Samsung menu and swipe it to force it to close!
Hey all - new patch build on Android this AM. 11.12.3 - does it fix your crash?

Reactions: Aussie571

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

OB1 updated to version 11.16.0. Here are the issues:

iPad Pro 13" 4th Gen on iPadOS 16.3 - open the app, see splash screen of member number and OB logo, then goes to a black, blank page
iPad Mini 6 on iPadOS 16.3 - open the app, see splash screen of member number and OB logo, then goes to a black, blank page
iPhone 14 Pro MAX on iOS 16.3 - open the app, see splash screen of member number and OB logo, then goes to a black, blank page

For the two devices, I have killed the app service, restarted my devices and even uninstalled / reinstalled the app - still not working.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
OB1 updated to version 11.16.0. Here are the issues:

iPad Pro 13" 4th Gen on iPadOS 16.3 - open the app, see splash screen of member number and OB logo, then goes to a black, blank page
iPad Mini 6 on iPadOS 16.3 - works just fine
iPhone 14 Pro MAX on iOS 16.3 - open the app, see splash screen of member number and OB logo, then goes to a black, blank page

For the two devices, I have killed the app service and even restarted my devices - still not working.
Also to add to this the only way to reply to threads via IOS is to blindly find the text box after hitting reply button in order to bring up the keyboard.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Not sure it this is the right place for bug reports. If there is a better place for this let me know & I’ll resubmit…

There seems to be a problem using OB1 on more than one device at a time. I have an iPad and an iPhone and I use OB1 on both of them. The problem is, after I access it on one device, it stops working on the other, and I’m presented with a message about successfully creating account (see attached image). In this state, the app is pretty much non-functional. I can get it working by logging out and back in, but that breaks the app on my *other* device. With biometrics (touch/face ID) configured, this isn’t a huge problem, but it seems like something you’ll want to fix :)

Thanks!
Kris
Got this! I let our developers know and made a ticket.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just created a new propane location and it also added a tent icon. The above post was a location I added awhile ago. The new location was just now.
There is a support ticket for that issue here:

Reactions: 4X3Lander

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

Just created a new propane location and it also added a tent icon. The above post was a location I added awhile ago. The new location was just now.
There is a support ticket for that issue here:

Thanks for sharing that! I’ll put in info on that thread too.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Haven't had opportunity to use the app recently, so not sure if this is as of the most recent update or older, but for Android version 11.20.0.2022100277, the issue is back where the app hangs on to the location service unless you force close it.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
How does one edit such a message? I can't figure out how to manipulate the previous text.
Screenshot_20230807-105116.png

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Whenever I attempt to record a track offline, I always end up stuck watching the preparing for adventure loading screen. I'm always too busy hiking or driving to be able to see if I can figure anything out. I once let it go on for like an hour before I closed it.

Reactions: M Rose

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Whenever I click on this post in the forum feed, it does not open that post on page 9, but opens on page one:

Attachments

Reactions: danwyandt