Lake Stevens, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Double checking. Is this still a thing? I\'m trying to do some Overlanding at least once a month with my wife
Yes! We met last Friday for dinner and sunset at Samish Overlook. Hopefully we will be able to do a weekend trip next month.
Sweet! I'm excited to see where the next meet up is!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

Ok, let's do this

1) what day? So people can plan. Also I think it should be Friday and Saturday night. That way people can show up both days or 1 day
2) GPS coordinates. So people can show up Friday or Saturday. Or the middle of the night if they want cause they have to work
3) definitely rain or shine or snow!
4)Let's do this!
3)

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Ok, let's do this

1) what day? So people can plan. Also I think it should be Friday and Saturday night. That way people can show up both days or 1 day
2) GPS coordinates. So people can show up Friday or Saturday. Or the middle of the night if they want cause they have to work
3) definitely rain or shine or snow!
4)Let's do this!
3)
Love the enthusiasm!

For date: I'm pretty busy the first weekend of December. Can we push it off to the 2nd weekend (13th-14th)? Love the idea of Friday to Saturday.

For location: @Jeff Lloyd, can you get the coordinates for the spot you took me to a couple months back? I think that it will work perfectly. What do you think?

Reactions: RJG and J Peters

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

Love the enthusiasm!

For date: I'm pretty busy the first weekend of December. Can we push it off to the 2nd weekend (13th-14th)? Love the idea of Friday to Saturday.

For location: @Jeff Lloyd, can you get the coordinates for the spot you took me to a couple months back? I think that it will work perfectly. What do you think?
That spot will be perfect! Let me check on Monday with the forest service. They turn part of that road Into a snow park during the winter. I will find out when that starts.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

What area are you thinking? No you don't have to give away your favorite campsite just wondering what travel time will look like?
If it's open, there is a big area for group camping (National Forest) along the Finney-Cumberland Rd. South of the Skagit river along the N Cascades Hwy.

Drannan Tidwell

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sherwood, OR, USA
First Name
Drannan
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LKL
Cool, near Hamilton right? I've heard of it but haven't been up to explore...sounds like a good time...let me know if you need any help to make it happen?

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

Forest service says road stays open until there is enough snow so more than likely we will be ok.
GPS coordinates are here

48.407473,-121.794262

Easy to get to so just about any vehicle will be able to.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Forest service says road stays open until there is enough snow so more than likely we will be ok.
GPS coordinates are here

48.407473,-121.794262

Easy to get to so just about any vehicle will be able to.
Thanks Jeff for looking into that. I'll get a Rally Point set up sometime this week. How many rigs do you think it can hold?

Reactions: RJG

J Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lake Stevens, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
If it's open, there is a big area for group camping (National Forest) along the Finney-Cumberland Rd. South of the Skagit river along the N Cascades Hwy.
Cumberland Creek Conservation Area? or just close to that area? Where are we all meeting up prior to taking off or is it more everyone is meeting up at the destination?

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Cumberland Creek Conservation Area? or just close to that area? Where are we all meeting up prior to taking off or is it more everyone is meeting up at the destination?
Near the Conservation area, just farther up in the mountains. I'm not sure about meeting. I'll be posting a Rally Point here soon with all the details. We will most likely be meeting at the campsite Friday night. Might explore around before though.

Reactions: J Peters and RJG