Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I don't think there would be snow problems. The tree cover is so thick there it would have to snow a lot for it to make any difference at the campground. Worst case would be that South Skagit Hwy or Concrete-Sauk Valley Rd could be icy/snowy, but even then I think it'd have to be some exceptional weather for that to happen.
Awesome!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Folks,

Next meetup is on the Calendar and the Rally Point!

Date: Friday, November 1st
Time: 5-6pm

Bring dinner and be ready to chat and watch the beautiful (if it's clear) sunset. Hope to see some of y'all out there!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Jedi

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Hi Gabe, it was nice to meet you and Chris yesterday. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer, but I'm looking forward to future get togethers.

What was the name of the road you mentioned that had a good camping spot?

Here's Sauk Park campground. This would be a good location because just to the south is a powerline road area that has some places to go wheeling.

-Matt

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Drannan Tidwell

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sherwood, OR, USA
First Name
Drannan
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LKL
Hi Gabe, it was nice to meet you and Chris yesterday. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer, but I'm looking forward to future get togethers.

Here's Sauk Park campground. This would be a good location because just to the south is a powerline road area that has some places to go wheeling.

-Matt
The Sauk Park area has lots of great places to explore, should make the next meet up an overnight...just sayin

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

-Matt
It was a pleasure to meet you as well!

Finney-Cumberland Rd is the road I was talking about. Sauk Campground is on my list. Thanks!

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
It was a pleasure to meet you as well!

Finney-Cumberland Rd is the road I was talking about. Sauk Campground is on my list. Thanks!
Ah, okay, that is the western entrance to the logging roads that I normally go up into from the eastern side at Finney Creek Rd. Years ago there was a pretty big washout of Finney-Cumberland and there were road closed signs, but people were squeaking around it anyway. Not sure if that's been fixed or not. Just now poking around on Google Maps with satellite imagery, I think the spot was right here and it looks like it might have been repaired with concrete so that the water flows over the roadway.

Drannan Tidwell

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sherwood, OR, USA
First Name
Drannan
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LKL
There are numerous roads, trails, and places to camp all over that area. A couple of which would make good meet up points for a Saturday.