Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
There was one last Friday. I'll get back on the ball with this and plan on doing some different things, but my life has been really busy lately. Sorry about that.
No problem. Life's busy. Would just love to meet some other local overlanders and get ideas for all the cool gadgets I don't know I need yet.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Hey everyone, new to the group and excited to know there is a rally point so close to home (sorry to those who drive a ways). Looking forward to the next meet and greet.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone, new to the group and excited to know there is a rally point so close to home (sorry to those who drive a ways). Looking forward to the next meet and greet.
Welcome! The next meeting is on the first Friday of October, but I'll be away camping. I'm trying to get some different things going (like meeting in the mountains instead of Mt. Vernon, but that will have to wait until later.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

SO.. lets all meet you camping?

-jim lee
I'd love to, but I'm doing some private camping. Plus, it will be in eastern WA. Brian and I are thinking of doing a bug Rally of sorts at the end of next summer with the region. So that will be something to look forward to.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey guys, I'm out for this weekend's meet. Feel free to still meet.

What do y'all think about doing a dinner in the mountains? Maybe next month somewhere in the Cascades? Ideas? @jim lee, I know you talked about this last time we met in Burlington.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Uhh.. its 4:30 now and I'm just seeing this. I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Sorry 'bout that. But, food in the moutains? Sounds fun to me!

-jim lee

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Uhh.. its 4:30 now and I'm just seeing this. I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Sorry 'bout that. But, food in the moutains? Sounds fun to me!

-jim lee
Great! I'll plan for the mountains dinner later this month. I've been rather busy with college and home life. Any ideas for places? Baker Lake?

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Baker Lake would be a great spot. Anyone else here know of Sauk Campground? Google maps doesn't seem to know about it. It has a very rainforest feeling to it. There is also an unofficial offroading area along the powerline due south of there that is fun to poke around on.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Baker Lake would be a great spot. Anyone else here know of Sauk Campground? Google maps doesn't seem to know about it. It has a very rainforest feeling to it. There is also an unofficial offroading area along the powerline due south of there that is fun to poke around on.
Sounds fun! Maybe next month? Do you think there will be snow problems?

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Sounds fun! Maybe next month? Do you think there will be snow problems?
I don't think there would be snow problems. The tree cover is so thick there it would have to snow a lot for it to make any difference at the campground. Worst case would be that South Skagit Hwy or Concrete-Sauk Valley Rd could be icy/snowy, but even then I think it'd have to be some exceptional weather for that to happen.