Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I saw that, thank you, but unfortunately I work nights :/ I appreciate the reply.

I have a route to an abandoned camp ground I've scouted/walked/4x4ed through. It's not entirely "secret" or "new" but not known very much either. I'd like to throw out a summer camp idea to the group.
Ooo love this idea, and totally think we should plan something for summer. I'll DM you that way we can chat about it in a place other than here.

Sorry for the late reply.

I've put this meetup on hold since we can't meet in person and we have the weekly conference calls. Forgot to let the group know. :|

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

So the short clips won't upload, and a lot of the other pics didn't turn out but should be going back in the next weekend or so and will try to have more off the obstacles. Two of which don't look to intimidating but for a rather stock rig they are kinda a pain.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey folks, so a good number of WA counties are in phase 2 or 3 or the reopen plan. At this point, I'm unable to plan a July Meetup. I will be waiting until Skagit County enters the 3rd Phase before I start planning again.

Hoping for late July or beginning of August.

Cheers and hope everyone is staying safe!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

michaeladays

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Michaela
Last Name
Dayco
Member #

I just got back from a weekend up at Bethel Ridge (which I think is part of the BDR). It's quite busy up there, but we had a great time. I definitely want to go back soon.

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So Washington has frozen any reopening plans indefinitely at the moment. I don't see any way whatcom or skagit will hit phase 3-4 anytime soon. (With the rate of infection still averaging over 1.0, I'll be surprised if any progress is made sooner than October)

@Gabriel Bozeman, are you still thinking about a trip for August?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So Washington has frozen any reopening plans indefinitely at the moment. I don't see any way whatcom or skagit will hit phase 3-4 anytime soon. (With the rate of infection still averaging over 1.0, I'll be surprised if any progress is made sooner than October)

The best bet for you guys is to head west

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

At this point, with the 10 people rule again, I will not plan a larger meetup. Maybe a small run on the WABDR or something. I'll try my best to keep y'all informed. Life's been crazy.

And @M Rose, don't think going West will help much. Best bet is to go south to Oregon I think. They are way more relaxed and have less cases total than some WA counties.

Uki_Cruising

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
But if you see what I'm running for tires currently.... It's doable with patience and a buddy helping out along the way :grin:
Do you have a lift on your truck? And what size tires are you running if you don't mind? I'm stock an am curious if this is something I could try or something that needs so mods before taking on.

Thanks in advance,

Paul