Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Trying to remember the name of the place, they just got it and we have been there once... Micro Breweries on the Kitsap Peninsula No lack of breweries in the local area... I just threw Silverdale out because kind of in the middle for us, but we are open to others.. We have been to several on the list... Not that we are heavy drinkers, but we do like a good beer, though we are more wine collectors and drinkers.. Real Uppity #&%&((s we are!!

Barred Brewing Company that is the name of their place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

MeliMK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orwigsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Melinda
Last Name
Killian
Member #

Trying to remember the name of the place, they just got it and we have been there once... Micro Breweries on the Kitsap Peninsula No lack of breweries in the local area... I just threw Silverdale out because kind of in the middle for us, but we are open to others.. We have been to several on the list... Not that we are heavy drinkers, but we do like a good beer, though we are more wine collectors and drinkers.. Real Uppity #&%&((s we are!!
Then you'll appreciate the integrated wine storage in our truck! Overland trip to eastern WA for wine tasting anyone?! Maybe we should post on the FB page to see who else wants to join a west/south side beverage meet up? So the thread isn't totally hijacked.

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Then you'll appreciate the integrated wine storage in our truck! Overland trip to eastern WA for wine tasting anyone?! Maybe we should post on the FB page to see who else wants to join a west/south side beverage meet up? So the thread isn't totally hijacked.

"Integrated wine storage" Well you have my attention now!!! The very first motorhome I bought, that was my 1st modification.. Overland trip to Eastern Wa for wine tasting? Now you have my wife's attention.

I am not on FB, my wife is though.

pnwexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olympia, WA
First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Oooh you said all the right things. lol what place did they buy? I'm not terribly familiar with many places for a pint south of Port Orchard yet. We're always game for Silverdale or Poulsbo. pnwexplorer is in Olympia though, definitely more south sound. If it's a Thursday or Friday night I think we would travel a bit more to meet up. Again I haven't run it by the other half yet. But we love checking out new places. What sort of drive time is everyone comfortable with? If we're trying to meet in the middle of what not?
Friday nights I can go about anywhere. During the week Tacoma/Fife is about as far as I can go due to work.

I'm down for a Sunday meet up or Saturday even. We can always do an early afternoon so more people can make it.

If anyone is interested in coming to the Olympia area there are a few places I have in mind. Top Rung, Matchless or Triceratops Brewing Company.

Tacoma ideas: The Camp Bar

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Just a suggestion, but maybe pick an area every other month or once a month and meet on a saturday or sunday afternoon. That way can get some of the people in Port Angeles,Sequim, Forks and Olympia and other southern area people all involved too. Like most unless pretty close, weeknights just don't work for us.

Not trying to over step or exclude others by any stretch of the imagination.. But I am finding out people on this side of I-5 are spread out a lot more. Just trying to get some stuff going more local.

Last edited:

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Thanks @pnwexplorer, @RRitchey, and @MeliMK for doing this. I hope to be able to make it to a few of y'all's meetups. I again apologize for being out of the loop.

Cheers!
Gabriel Bozeman
NW Member Rep

No problem Gabe. Just trying to get something a bit more local going on. I would rather face a charging Rhino with a whiffle ball bat than deal with I-5 and the Seattle area.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey Folks,

In accordance with CDC and State regulations (and the Stay-At-Home order Inslee just gave), I'm canceling the April campout. We'll have to wait and see about May. In the mean time I hope to setup a video conference using Zoom or Google Hangouts. I'll post about that later on.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or needs.

Cheers,
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: M Rose and RRitchey

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Thanks Gabe!, a electronic meetup sounds great! Thanks for being flexible and adapting to the current events. How did the engine work go on your VW?

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Thanks Gabe!, a electronic meetup sounds great! Thanks for being flexible and adapting to the current events. How did the engine work go on your VW?
It's going pretty well. It's all torn apart in my garage. I had some parts from Cali coming, but don't think they'll be here due to he shelter in place they have.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey folks,

Just set up the Zoom conference for April 3rd at 6:30pm. The link and instructions are below. We'll be talking about our response to COVID and anything and everything related to Overlanding!

Here is the link:
Topic: OB NW Video Call
Time: Apr 3, 2020 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting:

Meeting ID: 110 865 279
Password: OB-NW-WA

Instructions:
1) Click link above and join meeting (can be on phone, laptop, tablet, or computer).
2) Make sure audio and video both work.
3) Chat and have fun talking with other OB members in your area!

Can't wait to meet some of y'all online!

Praying for safety and healthy,
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hey folks,

Just set up the Zoom conference for April 3rd at 6:30pm. The link and instructions are below. We'll be talking about our response to COVID and anything and everything related to Overlanding!

Here is the link:
Topic: OB NW Video Call
Time: Apr 3, 2020 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting:

Meeting ID: 110 865 279
Password: OB-NW-WA

Instructions:
1) Click link above and join meeting (can be on phone, laptop, tablet, or computer).
2) Make sure audio and video both work.
3) Chat and have fun talking with other OB members in your area!

Can't wait to meet some of y'all online!

Praying for safety and healthy,
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thanks for setting this up Gabe!, we are looking forward to it, now just have to see if i can find a suitable stunt double to play my part for the video portion as mu mug is more suited to radio..lol

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

I saw that, thank you, but unfortunately I work nights :/ I appreciate the reply.

I have a route to an abandoned camp ground I've scouted/walked/4x4ed through. It's not entirely "secret" or "new" but not known very much either. I'd like to throw out a summer camp idea to the group.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I saw that, thank you, but unfortunately I work nights :/ I appreciate the reply.

I have a route to an abandoned camp ground I've scouted/walked/4x4ed through. It's not entirely "secret" or "new" but not known very much either. I'd like to throw out a summer camp idea to the group.
@Gabriel Bozeman should be able to help you out there.