Northstar X2Power Battery Installation

• HTML tutorial

Toyo8696

Rank 0

Contributor I

I have been using these X2 batteries for a few years now. After switching from the Optima brand I could not be more satisfied. it's good to see some exposure for them, hardly anyone knows about them.

Reactions: Michael

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

Watched the video you made. Great work. I've been in the market for upgrading my stock battery and this looks like a great option. I'd like to stick with a single, deep cycle/dual purpose battery versus running a dual battery setup to run a fridge and some smaller electronics and at some point, a winch.

Reactions: Michael

WillyGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salem, IN
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Thanks for the article. I was at a total loss in my thought process. I had to replace two Optima batteries in my son's Mustang and wasn't happy. We ultimately ended up with Interstate. I knew I wanted to do something with my electrical system on my Jeep but didn't like my options. I have an M416 trailer that I am running a hot wire to in order to power lights, coolers, and chargers. As soon as my battery starts giving me issues I will definitely make the switch to these guys. Thanks again.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

I used to do marine electronic installs, a product I used to use all the time is Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor by CRC, you can get this product at Home Depot in the electrical dept. When you install your batt, spray this on the terminals. It will waterproof the terminal and not allow corrosion, you can also use it in butt crimps, terminals, lightbulb bases and sockets. You spray this on your batt posts and 5 years later it will look like the day you installed it! A fantastic product.

Reactions: Graeman and drumber

Bobby B

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Lauderdale
Member #

I just bought a Dometic CFX40. IF I plan on using the Dometic plugged into the Jeep, I should probably upgrade my battery?