US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Thanks I have run out of switch blanks so I am going to have to figure out something if I add the lights to the roof rack. I am planning on installing the rack this weekend if i can get all these leaves clleaned up
Cool.

I'm still waiting for ALL the leaves to fall.
I had an '85 CJ and loved working on that as much as playing with it. The Tacoma has been the first IFS i have worked on but it is pretty simple and fun. Suspensions for your truck are easily found and installed but you know that. The fella I deal with for armor makes some really nice stuff for third gens and came out with a hybrid front bumper that is really nice. In the end we all have to do what we are comfortable with and if staying stock is your goal then cool. Mine isn't built like most others around here it is built to fit our needs and my needs are different. No rock crawlng for me hell my old back won't take all the bouncing around
Right on!

Every body has their thing. I used to run fast many moons ago. Now it's slow when I go. haha. getting old sucks.

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Cool.

I'm still waiting for ALL the leaves to fall.

Right on!

Every body has their thing. I used to run fast many moons ago. Now it's slow when I go. haha. getting old sucks.
I try and hit the leaves every weekend to keep up with them my house is surronded by woods so leaves are plentiful. Yes getting old sucks but it beats the alternative. I just try and have fun when i can and working on these things is fun for me.

Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I try and hit the leaves every weekend to keep up with them my house is surronded by woods so leaves are plentiful. Yes getting old sucks but it beats the alternative. I just try and have fun when i can and working on these things is fun for me.
And that's all that matters.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I gotta ford raptors aftermarket winch bumper for free, so i gotta cut and fab that to fit my truck. Should look pretty sick if i can weld on some extra metal to match my front bumper lines, gotta find a good metal store in the fairfax area so anybody knows any good places let me know.

GB Fraggle

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Levine
Member #

2015 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I have been on some decent trails around here. Peter's Mill, Flagpole, Canaan Loop, did a modified Allegheny Discovery Route 3 day trip in August. I really like Green Ridge state forest in MD just across the river from Paw Paw WV. It has miles of dirt and great camp sites.

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

2015 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I have been on some decent trails around here. Peter's Mill, Flagpole, Canaan Loop, did a modified Allegheny Discovery Route 3 day trip in August. I really like Green Ridge state forest in MD just across the river from Paw Paw WV. It has miles of dirt and great camp sites.
I’ve been up to green ridge once. Did a long weekend up there with a group of buddies. Did a bit of exploring. It was a cool place. It’s on the list to go back for sure.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Those sound like some cool places to hit up, I'm pretty new to the area so haven't done too many trails. I've ripped up peters mill on my dirtbike a bunch, its a pretty fun trail. Anyone done switzer lake? That had some bitchen fire roads and primitive camping, also can do kayaks and moutain bikes.

GB Fraggle

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Those sound like some cool places to hit up, I'm pretty new to the area so haven't done too many trails. I've ripped up peters mill on my dirtbike a bunch, its a pretty fun trail. Anyone done switzer lake? That had some bitchen fire roads and primitive camping, also can do kayaks and moutain bikes.
I have been up to flagpole knob via switzer lake and via union springs road. Union Springs is super fun.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I have been up to flagpole knob via switzer lake and via union springs road. Union Springs is super fun.
Nice, i definitely wanna hit some more places up, i have no idea where i end up most of the time since i just show up to group rides and follow the leader. No idea where flagpole knob is but i may have been there. I loved switzer lake, just did all the super rocky trails on my bike but didn't get the chance to camp. Lotta good spots back in there, i almost yeet'd my bike off a huge drop off last time i went there

20190804_152522.jpg

GB Fraggle

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Nice, i definitely wanna hit some more places up, i have no idea where i end up most of the time since i just show up to group rides and follow the leader. No idea where flagpole knob is but i may have been there. I loved switzer lake, just did all the super rocky trails on my bike but didn't get the chance to camp. Lotta good spots back in there, i almost yeet'd my bike off a huge drop off last time i went there

View attachment 125771
If you follow Switzer Lake road (turns into Dunkle Hollow rd) up the mountain to run right into Flagpole knob.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Idk what y’all do for items for sale. I am always watching out for good deals and pass them along when I can. A guy I work with is selling a contractor aluminum cap. Black and grey, sliding windows , fishing rod holders $350. I just thought to post locally as I know he’s not shipping. @moderator if this is is in wrong spot please let me know and move it. Again it’s not mine either just thought a good deal for somebody it fits a second gen Tacoma short bed

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

So my buddy is an airplane mechanic, and his kids want a place to camp. So since they can't have their own overland vehicle, we put a plane in a tree. 20191103_173108.jpg

20191109_153625.jpg
received_1367568566737081.jpeg
received_422164598712035.jpeg
received_886792721718109.jpeg
received_1214439632100227.jpeg

We used my truck to tow it, my new 4.56 gears made the trailer a breeze.
20191103_154603.jpg

We're gonna build a deck under it and a ladder to go up from the bottom, coolest tree house ever

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Installed a steering box brace and did a steering box adjustment to take out some of the slack from being old. Drives a lot easier down the road and doesn't drift in the lane as easily. Also did the superchips flashpac tune for 87 octane, changed the transmission shift schedule and gave me another 2 mpg and made acceleration a lot smoother. Kinda scary watching the tach go all the way up to 6k but i don't plan on having to hammer it often.

20191110_165737.jpg

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

So my buddy is an airplane mechanic, and his kids want a place to camp. So since they can't have their own overland vehicle, we put a plane in a tree. View attachment 126116

View attachment 126117
View attachment 126118
View attachment 126120
View attachment 126121
View attachment 126122

We used my truck to tow it, my new 4.56 gears made the trailer a breeze.
View attachment 126123

We're gonna build a deck under it and a ladder to go up from the bottom, coolest tree house ever
Well now you do not just see that everyday

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Busy weekend. Worked in the truck a bit and installed a roof rack and snorkel. View attachment 126421View attachment 126422View attachment 126423
it wasn’t putting an airplane in a tree, super cool btw, but a fun weekend
Really like the snorkel and rack, definitely look good and thats gonna give you some great cool air to your engine. I don't really have an option for snorkels, so I've just got my cold air intake box semi sealed up and a tube up to the wiper cowl. If water gets over that, my trucks so heavy I'm fucked anyways lol