Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Well Pichahontas State park was beautiful. It is a wonderful facility. There are 2 camping circuits all sites have electric and water. The sites range from open grassy to completely wooded. Miles of hiking and biking trails and a lake for canoeing and kayaking.
D42A5098-C82C-4752-AB55-F96486EF2A2B.jpeg545BFA18-1B8A-4E7E-BD7D-980CF84C4770.jpeg9B5EA506-C2C3-459B-9301-632D194F704B.jpeg83CA99F1-F8B3-4412-B3E0-048F7E7421A7.jpeg91749670-68EB-4E14-ADD0-6E61039BB456.jpegCFBAF1C7-7D5E-4419-B91B-5F3AC315825D.jpeg655D8AF0-496B-419B-94AA-425CF474B01B.jpeg146559F5-2F2E-401A-9A19-456744C1E9B0.jpegC6356A90-7F06-4D82-B850-65C629AB3DE2.jpeg

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Well Pichahontas State park was beautiful. It is a wonderful facility. There are 2 camping circuits all sites have electric and water. The sites range from open grassy to completely wooded. Miles of hiking and biking trails and a lake for canoeing and kayaking.
View attachment 125215View attachment 125216View attachment 125217View attachment 125218View attachment 125219View attachment 125220View attachment 125221View attachment 125222View attachment 125223
Dude that looks awesome

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ok for those who were intrested in the brewery we released our wheat beer last Friday and this Fridy will be the smoked rye. These are still done in relatively small batches so supplies aren't limitless. We have 4 large brew batches fermenting now and should be brewing a 5th on Friday. So, within the next couple weeks we should be replinishing and have lage batches of Pilsner, Amber Ale, Citrus IPA and our stout with a large batch of either wheat or rye following shortly there after. Growing pains but it makes us happy folks like our beers. You can follow Tap 29 brewery on face book or it's web site

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I never know what to post about, I'm always working on my stuff and still trying to get a good set up going. I spent all my time on dirt bikes so my truck and camping gear is severely lacking. Found a retro camper shell for free on market place today though so I'm trying to get ahold of that guy

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I never know what to post about, I'm always working on my stuff and still trying to get a good set up going. I spent all my time on dirt bikes so my truck and camping gear is severely lacking. Found a retro camper shell for free on market place today though so I'm trying to get ahold of that guy
IDK I guess I am used to a much faster paced site you miss a day on some of the threads i watch and you'll be 12 pages behind. Some are just bS threads though but still truck stuff. I'm used to folks posting up about what projects they're working on. sometimes there are issues and others can help with advice or general discussion to talk issues out. Like just got my rood rack n today so will be installing this weekend hopefully and just ordered the snorkel today just different friendly discussions. Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this type of stuff and I am so new I don't yet realize where to look

Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

IDK I guess I am used to a much faster paced site you miss a day on some of the threads i watch and you'll be 12 pages behind. Some are just bS threads though but still truck stuff. I'm used to folks posting up about what projects they're working on. sometimes there are issues and others can help with advice or general discussion to talk issues out. Like just got my rood rack n today so will be installing this weekend hopefully and just ordered the snorkel today just different friendly discussions. Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this type of stuff and I am so new I don't yet realize where to look
Don’t worry about it. Post up when ya can. Yeah it’s not as fast as TW or a Jeep forum I’m on, but still good talk and info gets past along.

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Those look good and like they should get great all around traction. I had a set of the kevlars on the Dodge i had and got good service out of them and great all around traction
Rite. Will see what happens. I’m not a big GY fan, but I also go against the grain at times, too.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

@Casper66

I wanted something a little more beefier than a stock replacement. I think these also have the snowflake on them as well for crap weather. Haha

Thinking of a possible trip up to the Wife’s home town in Canada this winter if things play out right. Might need the flake up there.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I had a set of good year wrangler mtrs for awhile and they did great, i got them because my biddy had them and got around in sandy rivers and banks in 2wd with no problems. I get what you're saying casper about the fast paced. I kinda enjoy the slower paced stuff now though so I'm not checking my phone constantly at work. Speaking of tech talk to i think I'm gonna try and build my relay block soon for my lockers and lights. I see people getting those s pods and pre built relay things and i just can't justify paying 350 for something i can make for a third of the price. Not everyones the same though and there's nothing wrong with that

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

Yeah I feel you on the pace. Tbh I just got active on here. All that being said, let’s get something going. What’s everyone’s ride? Or where is a dream trip?

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

20191103_154611.jpg
06 mega cab with 5.7L gas, just did power wagon axle swap. Haven't mounted my new 35s because i don't have the cone for the balancer. Plan on doing a little extra lift in the rear on top of the 2". And can't stop thinking about pop up truck bed campers. I also bring my dirt bike out so i park this thing and rip up the trails on that

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

View attachment 125675
06 mega cab with 5.7L gas, just did power wagon axle swap. Haven't mounted my new 35s because i don't have the cone for the balancer. Plan on doing a little extra lift in the rear on top of the 2". And can't stop thinking about pop up truck bed campers. I also bring my dirt bike out so i park this thing and rip up the trails on that
I can dig it dude. I was super close to buying a shell for my Chevy before she got totaled. That was mostly for hauling fishing gear all over. But yeah that’ll look good man.

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

I can dig it dude. I was super close to buying a shell for my Chevy before she got totaled. That was mostly for hauling fishing gear all over. But yeah that’ll look good man.
I’m in a 2015 JK Rubi. 3.5 in with 35s. Next big thing is front and rear bumpers. Still undecided on which but leaning towards Wilco. Haven’t been out anywhere around here yet other than some hunting camp trips. Other than that got a few little odds and ends to throw on, new good latches and some mounts.View attachment 125676