Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Busy day getting a few things cleaned up around here. We are checking out pochahontas State park next weekend. I bought a new stove at expo so I got it out and messed with it for a bit much better contrls than the Coleman.
I installed larger tires on the camper earlier this year and I had made a table that pins in place ovr the spare . When I got done fabbing the box on the tongue i had some extra materials so I figured a table would be handy back by the cooking area and, well, this just seemed logical. I fabbed a couple of runners inside the tp of the box so when not in use it just slides in and stowes away.

View attachment 123997

View attachment 123998
Sweet!

Reactions: Casper66

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

The Wooly Bear is a great platform. Warren at Road trip has used some inginuity and come up with some really cool add on racks for them. I believe he has even developed an elevating tent platform. That's a tough little trailer.
Yep, we are still diggin the Moth. Just haven't been able to get out much this year with everything going on. I am also woefully uneducated in finding good off grid spots that will be my winter project
Rite rite. Seen his mod to it. I’ve been eyeballing his site for a good 5 years now. Even made a couple trips out there. Just haven’t made up my damn mind.. I do like the Moth as well. As for his add on to the WB, I kinda like it to a point if going with a RTT.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Rite rite. Seen his mod to it. I’ve been eyeballing his site for a good 5 years now. Even made a couple trips out there. Just haven’t made up my damn mind.. I do like the Moth as well. As for his add on to the WB, I kinda like it to a point if going with a RTT.
Yep no rtt and it isn't necessary. I liked how they layed the wolly Bear out with a nice kitchen space and I believe the slide out drawer would house a nice size fridge.

Reactions: Hafaday

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

It has been a really fun project. I am not affraid to say it is perhaps the most modified tiger Moth anywhere. I am not done yet either. I think I have as much if not more fun making stuff for it or working on it than I do for the truck. It suits me my wife and our little dog beautifully. I ought to do a build for it on here.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Yep no rtt and it isn't necessary. I liked how they layed the wolly Bear out with a nice kitchen space and I believe the slide out drawer would house a nice size fridge.
Agreed. That has been one of the factors that’s been drawing me to it. I like the layout of it in general. Even seen a few threads on different forums of what some have done to them.

Don’t get me wrong.. a hard side would be nice, But I keep going back to the woolybear.
It has been a really fun project. I am not affraid to say it is perhaps the most modified tiger Moth anywhere. I am not done yet either. I think I have as much if not more fun making stuff for it or working on it than I do for the truck. It suits me my wife and our little dog beautifully. I ought to do a build for it on here.
Do it.. this is the place for it.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Agreed. That has been one of the factors that’s been drawing me to it. I like the layout of it in general. Even seen a few threads on different forums of what some have done to them.

Don’t get me wrong.. a hard side would be nice, But I keep going back to the woolybear.

Do it.. this is the place for it.
The problem is I have almost no pictures on my phone as i dropped the other phone in a vat of wine and it quit working. hell I would probably quit to. When I post pics on here I simply copy and paste from TW. It works but will it last? I have already started a build for the truck and everything seems to work ok. Somebody in another thread mentioned something about if the pics aren't done properly they will disappear after a while. I may do it anyway

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

The problem is I have almost no pictures on my phone as i dropped the other phone in a vat of wine and it quit working. hell I would probably quit to. When I post pics on here I simply copy and paste from TW. It works but will it last? I have already started a build for the truck and everything seems to work ok. Somebody in another thread mentioned something about if the pics aren't done properly they will disappear after a while. I may do it anyway
Phones no wine proof, huh? Haha. I need to get up there and check the place out.

As for the picture thing... couldn’t tell yea.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Phones no wine proof, huh? Haha. I need to get up there and check the place out.

As for the picture thing... couldn’t tell yea.
Wait a bit to come for the brewery we sold out of almost all our beer th first week we openned. We will be releasing the wheat beer this week I believe and the smoked rye next week. We brewed about 470 gallons last week but have to wait for the different beers to ferment now.

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

Right on!

Not to keep on with the Taxa.... but I noticed a few days ago, you can buy direct from them now.
Direct or not, I'll likely buy from Warren when I get mine. He's a good guy who does good things for that market in this area.
He also has started carrying Opus trailers. Different, but something else that suits our space.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Direct or not, I'll likely buy from Warren when I get mine. He's a good guy who does good things for that market in this area.
He also has started carrying Opus trailers. Different, but something else that suits our space.
He had an Opus at Expo. It looked pretty roomy. Warren is a stand up guy and gives great customer service

Reactions: Hafaday and 100RNR

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

I wonderif any cheaper? Might have to go to Texas to get it though
I don't know the pricing, but I'd hope they wouldn't throw their dealers under a bus like that.
Last I heard only the WB was direct, because if they pull the tongue off (and maybe the axle?), It can be shipped freight on one pallet.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I don't know the pricing, but I'd hope they wouldn't throw their dealers under a bus like that.
Last I heard only the WB was direct, because if they pull the tongue off (and maybe the axle?), It can be shipped freight on one pallet.
The shipping part mkes sense but short changing dealers does not. They don't even have that many dealers I know of

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I wonderif any cheaper? Might have to go to Texas to get it though
Don't get me wrong guys.. I have no problem helping a local seller out. I just happen to notice Taxa 's site sells direct now. Plus, the drive out there to Orange gives me some scenery to look at.

I've been out there several times to look. I have a good feeling that when I do decide on one, it will be a phone call and go something like... I'll be there in an hour, have it ready to go.

Reactions: 100RNR and Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

So camping trailer build pretty much up to date in the trailer build section. Now just keep it up to date.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Is there any meetups scheduled in the near future or at all? We will be out next weekend and my FIL isn't doing well at all but i would like to make one if I can

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Is there any meetups scheduled in the near future or at all? We will be out next weekend and my FIL isn't doing well at all but i would like to make one if I can
Check out the calendar.. There is one that is a recurring event (Nov. 2nd). Not sure if it's still happening or not. but it's listed.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Check out the calendar.. There is one that is a recurring event (Nov. 2nd). Not sure if it's still happening or not. but it's listed.

Thanks I saw that the other day but we will be at Pochahontas unless her father passes