Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

jakeandhisdodge

Rank III

Contributor III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I could weld and fab a lot of things. electrical? well i can do lighting fine but anything more complicated and i will have to turn to a prefabbed system. We all have our strengths but electrical isn't mine. i applaud you for being able to do so
My welds are always accompanied by a grinder. Definitely a true statement about strengths

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Coolz.

Yeah, building is half the fun over buying... sometimes.

There was a guy on a jeep forum that used to build accessory panels for a decent price something like this.

I never did get one, and not even sure if he’s still around.

I do see convenience of buy a complete system. But sometimes the complete is not exactly what a person is looking for.

Painless Wiring has a nice setup called the Trail Rocker. Might be something to look at for a ready made deal.
I hadn't heard of the painless one only Blue Sea and SPOD I will have to look into this. I used painless when I rewired the Camaro and it was complete and fairly self explanatory

Reactions: Hafaday

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Welcome!

Vehicles are a 14 Jeep JKU. mild lift with a few other things. Then the 19 Tacoma OR. Trying to keep the Taco stock for now.

Dream trip is trying to get outta town.
Work on that Tacoma there's about as much aftermarket stuff for them as jeeps and they are fun to work on

Hafaday

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I hadn't heard of the painless one only Blue Sea and SPOD I will have to look into this. I used painless when I rewired the Camaro and it was complete and fairly self explanatory
The "rocker" has been out for a few years now. You can go with a complete or partial system. Partial being, you supply the switches.

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

My welds are always accompanied by a grinder. Definitely a true statement about strengths
I was a body man / welder fabricator for over 30 years. welding takes practice and it doesn't hurt to have some one experienced looking over your shoulder and helping out. The beauty of it is if you mess up cut it or grind it out and fix it.

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

The "rocker" has been out for a few years now. You can go with a complete or partial system. Partial being, you supply the switches.
Thanks I have run out of switch blanks so I am going to have to figure out something if I add the lights to the roof rack. I am planning on installing the rack this weekend if i can get all these leaves clleaned up

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

You killing me!

A friend of mine that has converted from a Jeep to the Taco, is doing his damn best of trying to get me to mod it out.
I had an '85 CJ and loved working on that as much as playing with it. The Tacoma has been the first IFS i have worked on but it is pretty simple and fun. Suspensions for your truck are easily found and installed but you know that. The fella I deal with for armor makes some really nice stuff for third gens and came out with a hybrid front bumper that is really nice. In the end we all have to do what we are comfortable with and if staying stock is your goal then cool. Mine isn't built like most others around here it is built to fit our needs and my needs are different. No rock crawlng for me hell my old back won't take all the bouncing around

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Good conversations in here tonight very enjoyable. Going tohave to get a meet up going here soon maybe in F'burg or a local vineyard.

Hafaday

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Thanks I have run out of switch blanks so I am going to have to figure out something if I add the lights to the roof rack. I am planning on installing the rack this weekend if i can get all these leaves clleaned up
Cool.

I'm still waiting for ALL the leaves to fall.
I had an '85 CJ and loved working on that as much as playing with it. The Tacoma has been the first IFS i have worked on but it is pretty simple and fun. Suspensions for your truck are easily found and installed but you know that. The fella I deal with for armor makes some really nice stuff for third gens and came out with a hybrid front bumper that is really nice. In the end we all have to do what we are comfortable with and if staying stock is your goal then cool. Mine isn't built like most others around here it is built to fit our needs and my needs are different. No rock crawlng for me hell my old back won't take all the bouncing around
Right on!

Every body has their thing. I used to run fast many moons ago. Now it's slow when I go. haha. getting old sucks.

Casper66

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Cool.

I'm still waiting for ALL the leaves to fall.

Right on!

Every body has their thing. I used to run fast many moons ago. Now it's slow when I go. haha. getting old sucks.
I try and hit the leaves every weekend to keep up with them my house is surronded by woods so leaves are plentiful. Yes getting old sucks but it beats the alternative. I just try and have fun when i can and working on these things is fun for me.

Hafaday

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I try and hit the leaves every weekend to keep up with them my house is surronded by woods so leaves are plentiful. Yes getting old sucks but it beats the alternative. I just try and have fun when i can and working on these things is fun for me.
And that's all that matters.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank III

Contributor III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I gotta ford raptors aftermarket winch bumper for free, so i gotta cut and fab that to fit my truck. Should look pretty sick if i can weld on some extra metal to match my front bumper lines, gotta find a good metal store in the fairfax area so anybody knows any good places let me know.

GB Fraggle

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Levine
Member #

2015 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I have been on some decent trails around here. Peter's Mill, Flagpole, Canaan Loop, did a modified Allegheny Discovery Route 3 day trip in August. I really like Green Ridge state forest in MD just across the river from Paw Paw WV. It has miles of dirt and great camp sites.

Nomad_JK

Rank II

Advocate II

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

2015 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I have been on some decent trails around here. Peter's Mill, Flagpole, Canaan Loop, did a modified Allegheny Discovery Route 3 day trip in August. I really like Green Ridge state forest in MD just across the river from Paw Paw WV. It has miles of dirt and great camp sites.
I’ve been up to green ridge once. Did a long weekend up there with a group of buddies. Did a bit of exploring. It was a cool place. It’s on the list to go back for sure.