Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Really like the snorkel and rack, definitely look good and thats gonna give you some great cool air to your engine. I don't really have an option for snorkels, so I've just got my cold air intake box semi sealed up and a tube up to the wiper cowl. If water gets over that, my trucks so heavy I'm fucked anyways lol
I've had the water damn near to that point already #littletruckproblems

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
So I haven’t been on in a couple of weeks, but I’m interested in a meet up to get to know some people. I haven’t actually seen anything planned, so I’m going to put my own place out there as a meet and greet. I have lots of parking in a unique part of Lorton, VA. Big fire pit and lots of seating. I’d make it byob but could definitely fire up the grill for some eats. I’m going to post it on the meet up, but if anyone is interested, let me know. Thinking this Saturday.

mrrmatthews

Rank 0

Contributor I

Norfolk, VA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
MATTHEWS
Member #

Hello all, new member and first post. I am in VA and have been to Flagpole Knob a few times and also run Bald Mountain/Big Levels a few times in our Jeep. Both are fun trails and can be somewhat technical depending on your vehicle capability. I would be interested in a meetup if there are any in the future.

Attachments

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

So I haven’t been on in a couple of weeks, but I’m interested in a meet up to get to know some people. I haven’t actually seen anything planned, so I’m going to put my own place out there as a meet and greet. I have lots of parking in a unique part of Lorton, VA. Big fire pit and lots of seating. I’d make it byob but could definitely fire up the grill for some eats. I’m going to post it on the meet up, but if anyone is interested, let me know. Thinking this Saturday.
Definitely interested in a meet up, gotta dirt bike fix party this Saturday but i can probably meet up afterwards. I'm in Centreville

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Hello all, new member and first post. I am in VA and have been to Flagpole Knob a few times and also run Bald Mountain/Big Levels a few times in our Jeep. Both are fun trails and can be somewhat technical depending on your vehicle capability. I would be interested in a meetup if there are any in the future.
Welcome, glad to have you and a meet up is long over due. I'm bad at planning stuff though

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I created a Rally Point with the info on the meet up (NOVA Meet and Greet in the US East region). This is all pretty new to me, so stepping outside the comfort zone a little...not with wheeling, but definitely new to Overlanding and playing party planner haha.

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I created a Rally Point with the info on the meet up (NOVA Meet and Greet in the US East region). This is all pretty new to me, so stepping outside the comfort zone a little...not with wheeling, but definitely new to Overlanding and playing party planner haha.
Fooq ya dude! I'll be there, anything you want me to bring? And what time you thinkin?

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper66

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Dang! Wish it was earlier in the day ... I've already got plans Saturday night. :(

If anything changes up, I'll try and swing by.

Reactions: cgflyer

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I found the posting. I am trying to clear some things off and see if i can make it. I'm about an hour and a half away so lease keep us posted as to if there is enough participation and you will deffinately have it or not. Or if you are having it regardless. If we attend is there anything we could bring?

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I will definitely update no later than Friday. I haven’t even looked at the weather for Saturday haha, but wanted to step off the ledge so to speak to see if I could meet some people off this site. So far I don’t thinj I have anyone 100% committed. The Rally Point feature allows you to send up to 100 invitations to members within a set radius so I tried that. We’ll see what happens. I appreciate the comments here in the thread and I’m sure if it doesn’t work this weekend, I will try again another weekend.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I will definitely update no later than Friday. I haven’t even looked at the weather for Saturday haha, but wanted to step off the ledge so to speak to see if I could meet some people off this site. So far I don’t thinj I have anyone 100% committed. The Rally Point feature allows you to send up to 100 invitations to members within a set radius so I tried that. We’ll see what happens. I appreciate the comments here in the thread and I’m sure if it doesn’t work this weekend, I will try again another weekend.
Well Kudos to you for trying anyway. I am sure as far out as I am when I arrange one out here it won't be easy for folks

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Well Kudos to you for trying anyway. I am sure as far out as I am when I arrange one out here it won't be easy for folks
You at least have the pull of beautiful scenery to draw people out your way!

Reactions: Casper66

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Ok, so weather at least looks dry for Saturday. I actually don't think the invitations that were generated went to anyone active in this thread but I think you all were able to find the Rally Point event for the details. It is showing as PDT 1600-1900 (GMT -5:00), but for anyone that may be confused by that, 4pm-7pm local time (EST). I personally don't drink coffee or alcohol and is why I set up as byob so you don't have a guy like me making your coffee or picking out your suds haha, but I will have water and sodas on hand and if people are hungry we can certainly grill some burgers and dogs or what better, put some dogs on sticks and cook in the fire. After the post above by Init6, definitely looks like there are some cool trips to do in VA, so looking forward to meeting some folks to link up with from time to time. I'm also a member of the Coast Guard Jeep Club and going to push the invite to those I work with that may be interested and are in the DMV area.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ok, so weather at least looks dry for Saturday. I actually don't think the invitations that were generated went to anyone active in this thread but I think you all were able to find the Rally Point event for the details. It is showing as PDT 1600-1900 (GMT -5:00), but for anyone that may be confused by that, 4pm-7pm local time (EST). I personally don't drink coffee or alcohol and is why I set up as byob so you don't have a guy like me making your coffee or picking out your suds haha, but I will have water and sodas on hand and if people are hungry we can certainly grill some burgers and dogs or what better, put some dogs on sticks and cook in the fire. After the post above by Init6, definitely looks like there are some cool trips to do in VA, so looking forward to meeting some folks to link up with from time to time. I'm also a member of the Coast Guard Jeep Club and going to push the invite to those I work with that may be interested and are in the DMV area.
I got an invite. Just can't make it as we're heading out towards Front Royal for some wine tasting for fiance's birthday.

Welcome from Woodbridge!

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

For anyone looking for a shop near Stafford/Fredericksburg, Iron Pig Off-road continues to impress. Just picked up Specter with its new SSO rear bumper - amazing install job!
When i had a cummins powered land cruiser i took it to him and he fixed one of my wheel bearings for free so i could drive home safely. The owners an awesome guy and has a really cool 40 series.

Reactions: 12Seven95

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Lan
When i had a cummins powered land cruiser i took it to him and he fixed one of my wheel bearings for free so i could drive home safely. The owners an awesome guy and has a really cool 40 series.
The owner is Lance - you’re absolutely right, great guy and has a great team.

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

I’m definitely down in the future but can’t this weekend. Have to run down to South Carolina for a wedding. But yeah, I’m down with getting a group together.

Reactions: cgflyer