Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

So I get a TPMS indicator on in my dash. I go to check the air in the tires and two of the valve covers are totally stuck (metal caps). I bring out the tools and end up snapping one of the valve stems off completely. Core comes right out stuck to the valve cap. I just stand there and slowly watch and listen to 50 psi of air blowing out of a 35” tire on 17” rims, while I whisper to myself... F M L !

Had to get a new TPMS valve installed. Ugh!
Dang metal caps!

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I hate the sun glare off of my hood, especially around the cowling around the "air scoop". Seems to catch my eyes way too often.
I had the hood wrapped in vinyl, loving it so far.

Also added a Roadshower, great for rinsing off after a bike ride.View attachment 113703
Nice, looking good. I was planning on doing the same, but had some raptor liner left after spraying down my tonneau with it, so I lined the hood.
20190819_210006.jpeg

Reactions: 100RNR and Specter

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I will be putting on my lift next weekend with an extra set of hands from @DRJ , and then new tires a few days after. Then I head down to NC for Appalachian Rendezvous for 5 days. It's about 6.5hr drive but it's solid off-roading experience ran by American Adventurists group, with guys from OEX. Wish I had my sliders before I went but no time left.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

I will be putting on my lift next weekend with an extra set of hands from @DRJ , and then new tires a few days after. Then I head down to NC for Appalachian Rendezvous for 5 days. It's about 6.5hr drive but it's solid off-roading experience ran by American Adventurists group, with guys from OEX. Wish I had my sliders before I went but no time left.
You should’ve just gone to the Appalachian Toyota Round-Up through Labor Day w/e. That would definitely expose you to new levels of off-roading.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

You should’ve just gone to the Appalachian Toyota Round-Up through Labor Day w/e. That would definitely expose you to new levels of off-roading.
Current plan is to put the lift on that weekend, but probably won't finish until Sunday sometime so couldn't make that date.

Reactions: Nootherids

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Oh yeah, I get you. I absolutely love my Prius.
You traded the Jeep for a Toyota Prius? That’s awesome! Better gas mileage, more comfortable and you won’t need as many modifications to wheel in it.
(Hahahaha! Kidding, of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: JRElaxED

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Prepping remaining parts and work list for my lift on my Tacoma, but still need a body chop done. @DRJ hooked me up with the guy that did a great job on his body chop, but I talked to him and he moved recently a couple hours away so need to find someone/someplace else that can do it. Anyone know a solid 4x4 shop (or single person) that has good experience doing Tacoma body chop for 33s in NOVA area? I got one recommendation for Mobtown, which is great, except they're hours away from me as well.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

You traded the Jeep for a Toyota Prius? That’s awesome! Better gas mileage, more comfortable and you won’t need as many modifications to wheel in it.
(Hahahaha! Kidding, of course).
Pfff @JRElaxED has like 12 Jeeps. Yet he still drives a Prius around...really says something for Toyotas am I right ;)

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Prepping remaining parts and work list for my lift on my Tacoma, but still need a body chop done. @DRJ hooked me up with the guy that did a great job on his body chop, but I talked to him and he moved recently a couple hours away so need to find someone/someplace else that can do it. Anyone know a solid 4x4 shop (or single person) that has good experience doing Tacoma body chop for 33s in NOVA area? I got one recommendation for Mobtown, which is great, except they're hours away from me as well.
Try Off Road Innovations in Winchester, speak to John or Chris. They’re worth the drive.

Reactions: geekyadam

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

Give Hi-Tech Auto a call, see what they can do.

Reactions: geekyadam

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Well that's 1.5 hours drive for me, but if I can't find a solid alternate option, that might be what I do. Thanks.
You haven’t made it out to Winchester yet? My wife and I really like that area. We’d consider moving there if the opportunity arose. Go there for a night and get dinner at Bucca Di Beppo. One dish per family though!

Or......do the BMC yourself. All you need is a grinder.