Blackey

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo NM
First Name
Michael
Last Name
White
I m unable to overnight but I can visit during the day and we can do some day runs to the mountains until I get my batteries replaced in the Motorhome if it’s up and going i can use it and tow the Jeep over there as a rest run since I have used the Motorhome since getting the jeep

Blackey

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo NM
First Name
Michael
Last Name
White
Why can’t they design and build a rooftop tent that actually swings down off the Jeep and open up so no climbing is required. I’m sure it will be heavier that a rooftop version

GoodSid

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lincoln County, NM, USA
First Name
Sid
Last Name
Goodloe
Member #

Skid plates needed for NM forest roads?
Any suggestions of Albuquerque businesses that will install.
In my experience not most of them but then NM is 75% dirt roads and Ive not been on nearly enough of them! Probably 30%. Depends on your vehicle and ground clearance of course! Here in the Southern part of the state there are a few that need a plate but I run 33s on my 4runner and can clear anything I run into. Not hitting off-road trails though.

Reactions: donnf

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Just wondering if there are any NM members.
Member here!

I will be headed over from Italy within the month. Shipped my 93’ Land Cruiser ahead of me. Though, i’m not sure when it’ll arrive… not much going on on the chats it seems…

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

There are a few of us on here. However I haven't heard on any events.
How difficult is it to arrange events? Doesn’t have to be an OB event, maybe a trail ride/hangout/campout? I’m still looking at NM trails… snow wheeling would be fun in the mnts?!

Doodoob_2377

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Luz, New Mexico, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Brown
Member #

How difficult is it to arrange events? Doesn’t have to be an OB event, maybe a trail ride/hangout/campout? I’m still looking at NM trails… snow wheeling would be fun in the mnts?!
It shouldn't be too difficult. I want to head over to Gila National Forest and Mogolon later this year. Just been busy working on vehicle and house projects.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Not difficult just need to post a time and place where you’ll be and see who shows. Start with a simple meet up for coffee or food. Somewhere with ez access and a large parking area JIC. I’m working like a mad woman. Finally released from my Saturday’s. Whoot!!! I want to get up to Corona and check it out.

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Not difficult just need to post a time and place where you’ll be and see who shows. Start with a simple meet up for coffee or food. Somewhere with ez access and a large parking area JIC. I’m working like a mad woman. Finally released from my Saturday’s. Whoot!!! I want to get up to Corona and check it out.
I would for sure be interested in a meet up. I was part of an off-road group in Italy, but I didn’t do so much…I was always worried about messing up my rig. That’s partially why I want to trade it for a jeep…

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

It shouldn't be too difficult. I want to head over to Gila National Forest and Mogolon later this year. Just been busy working on vehicle and house projects.
I hear yah on that. I just bought a house in Alamogordo. Been researching the local area and fauna, for what grows best. Yall have solar?

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Not difficult just need to post a time and place where you’ll be and see who shows. Start with a simple meet up for coffee or food. Somewhere with ez access and a large parking area JIC. I’m working like a mad woman. Finally released from my Saturday’s. Whoot!!! I want to get up to Corona and check it out.[/QUOTE]

I would for sure be interested in a meet up. I was part of an off-road group in Italy, but I didn’t do so much…I was always worried about messing up my rig. That’s partially why I want to trade it for a jeep…[/QUOTE]

I just got rid of my Jeep. Haha Looking into more Overlanding and RVing than Rock Crawling. My daughter just purchased a horse so have to pull a horse trailer too. Think Abq would be a central location? My truck is still stock, got it 2 months ago. Plans lots of plans.

Doodoob_2377

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Luz, New Mexico, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Brown
Member #

I have GRMS in my Ram 2500, I also have 2 Jackery panels and a E1000 for my Ram. We also have solar on our house. I am down for a meet up or whatever.......just need a little notice.

Reactions: Kory Joseph

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

I m unable to overnight but I can visit during the day and we can do some day runs to the mountains until I get my batteries replaced in the Motorhome if it’s up and going i can use it and tow the Jeep over there as a rest run since I have used the Motorhome since getting the jeep
I have a regular RV and a baby trailer. I can travel too. There is always Pie Town

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Richard Derr

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Kent, WA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Derr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
k5rkd
Service Branch
US AIR FORCE
Be heading to Overland Expo Mountain West in Loveland Colorado Aug. 26 with my friend Eric. First real road trip in the 2021 Tundra. Be checking in with Walt and the gang from TAV. Need some new gear for the truck.
If you are leaving on the 26th let me know, we are leaving from Santa Fe. Caravan anyone.