Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Ya. I’ll get another later. My RV has now sat for over a year today. I’m sorry to hear about the cancer :( yes you must make it to the PNW. I miss that area. My kids wouldn’t know what to do with the trailer if I gave it to them. Daughter only wants to tent camp and son doesn’t drive. So I may trade it off for a teardrop but they are so darn expensive. 48k.... WOW!!! It was nice to get away but there were so many people out it was noisy and dusty. Traffic on the trails. I hope your feeling better soon.
Sorry I didn't answer sooner but OB forum emails are not being sent to me for some reason and it's taken awhile to figure out how I can access the forums through the ob web site.

I hope you can get a small trailer that is trail capable for a lot less than $48 k. I see them all the time for under $16 k on craigslist.

I finally got my winch in today so now I can officially go on trails that require one. Most of the group outings require a winch and since I want to get up to the PNW soon, I know I will need one on some trails there.

My poor daughter went to Las Cruces two weeks ago to have a week end with her son @ Ruidoso. They barely got there and all four of them came down with c-19. She is in day 11 and had to go to the ER tonight for help. She is 64 and has heart murmurs and respiratory asthma problems. I'm praying she is okay tonight.
Lanlubber Jim
How are things with the fam? I hope that things came out ok. The numbers went crazy for a little while.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
How are things with the fam? I hope that things came out ok. The numbers went crazy for a little while.
My daughter is lucky to be alive. The covids went to her heart and lungs. She just got cleared yesterday and the doc said she needs a couple months rest so she can get some strength back in her lungs or she could come down again. It was a close call for her. Some people come down hard some easy. She had it really hard. I think 8 weeks is more than someone like me could take. She is staying in Cruces for a few more weeks.
Merry Christmas Traveling Gal.

Last edited:

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

My daughter is lucky to be alive. The covids went to her hesrt smd lunhs
O my gosh. I’m glad that she is ok. This thing can go either way. Nothing or severe issues. Ever since I’ve had RSV as an adult it’s been a struggle. I hope she improves every day. When this is over we’ll be able to get back with our families.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
O my gosh. I’m glad that she is ok. This thing can go either way. Nothing or severe issues. Ever since I’ve had RSV as an adult it’s been a struggle. I hope she improves every day. When this is over we’ll be able to get back with our families.

[/QUOTE
Thank you for your concern. Gosh I hope you can stay free of these bugs. Have you noticed thete dosent seem to be any flu this year, only covid 19, hmmmmmmm

Oh, you got a jeep. Your getting serious huh ? Congratulations, personally I have a love hate thing with jeep's. I bought me a small cargo trailer so that I won't have to set up camp any more. At least not the strenuous kind of camp set up that I know I cant do anymore. I wont be able to go as far into the boonies with it but I probably dont need to be back in there to far anyway. For sure I'll test it though.

Reactions: Shamu

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Took the Jeep out to the Prehistoric Trackways National Monument (first time there) yesterday. Tracked the Robledo Loop trail (mostly) with a deviation up the Presidential Staircase:
1A8795F7-F1F8-4089-ADDD-DC0D864B6DCA.jpeg
Halfway up, east side trail start seen right side of the pic:
349F8530-5835-467D-A18A-B8200AB4F2E6.jpeg
Almost there:
46852557-7F89-47AA-9B0D-87BD8362810F.jpeg
At the top:
E0268F13-D2E5-4DD6-AD22-F6DD743D53EE.jpeg
Decided to skip this trail...
7FB6CD12-2471-48E4-9E55-9728FC74CC9C.jpeg

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

A couple of weeks ago northeast of Las Cruces. My brother and I were looking for that rock gap seen on a couple of YouTube videos. The trail we were on led to a steep hill climb. I’m not sure when my brother drives up and says “I’ll give it a shot.” So, I joined him at the top of the hill. We did find rock gap, fairly tight squeeze.
Hmm, seem to have lost control of photo sequencing...

Attachments

AaronRidley

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Lunas, NM, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Ridley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADR
Ok so it's been a minute since I've posted on the forum. I've been caught up with a lot but this year my wife and I decided that we are going to get out a lot more so here is a video I made of our first overlanding trip. I've been building out for the past year. It's not done. I still got a lot of things I want to do to it but it's trail worthy.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Looking for someone in Albuquerque “metro” area that wants to get out and hit some trails. I’m new to this but would like to get involved locally.
You have the NM 4x4 wheelers there in Albuq. Check them out they are a very friendly and active group. They do have preparation rules you should check out.
When I finish my rig in late spring I'm coming up that way to meet up with @TravelerGAL

Reactions: Ernpup

Ernpup

Rank I

Traveler I

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Ernest
Last Name
Sandoval III
Member #

Looking for someone in Albuquerque “metro” area that wants to get out and hit some trails. I’m new to this but would like to get involved locally.
You have the NM 4x4 wheelers there in Albuq. Check them out they are a very friendly and active group. They do have preparation rules you should check out.
When I finish my rig in late spring I'm coming up that way to meet up with @TravelerGAL
Thank you for the info I will check them out! Where are you coming from?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thank you for the info I will check them out! Where are you coming from?
I'm down in the Silver City (Gila NF) area.
There are several of use down here From Alamogordo (3) Socorro, and Belen I think. Check out the OB maps for other member locations. I'm not sure if the state parks are open yet. The National parks are still closed as of mid February in the black range 10 miles east of me. I believe the forest roads are open for disbursed camping though.

Reactions: Ernpup

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
Welcome! Check out Desert Valley Overlanders on Facebook. We are in the ABQ metro and there are a bunch of really great folks who are part of this group. We are family and pet friendly and we have runs, camping trips, and other gatherings. COVID has put a bit of a damper on things over the past year, but hopefully things will relax a bit in the near future.

Ernpup

Rank I

Traveler I

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Ernest
Last Name
Sandoval III
Member #

Welcome! Check out Desert Valley Overlanders on Facebook. We are in the ABQ metro and there are a bunch of really great folks who are part of this group. We are family and pet friendly and we have runs, camping trips, and other gatherings. COVID has put a bit of a damper on things over the past year, but hopefully things will relax a bit in the near future.
Thank you I will check it out. Appreciate the info