Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Side-note:

I realize my truck is kinda rare, so parts are not mad off the shelf. Would anyone know where I could get QUALITY one-off work done?? I’d really be interested in a complete suspension makeover, custom roof rack and stand-alone 12v AUX system. (My truck is 24v system)

GoodSid

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lincoln County, NM, USA
First Name
Sid
Last Name
Goodloe
Member #

Hello New Mexicans! I'm Sid Goodloe. Ive been following Overland Bound and Forums for several years. Just became a member. I live down in Lincoln County and have covered a good bit of country across NM and Southern Colorado. Looking forward to meeting any of you if you come through my part of the state. I just posted on the new member section if you want to know what I drive or experience.

Reactions: Brian Glendenning

Blackey

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo NM
First Name
Michael
Last Name
White
I’m been wanting to do a day trip for me that is take 82 to dry canyon then go up the side of the hill to the rim to see where it comes out. If near the area I think it might be it might lead to a 4 of July trip to watch the fireworks shot off at the space center in Alamogorodo.this something I’ve wanted to do since I moved here in 91. Anyone interested you could either camp out down by the corral or up on the rim I’m not outfitted for staying overnight between not place to sleep and medical problems. I’ll head home after makingitup Omg the rim to ensure I make it down before dark andcan be on blacktop before dark.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Side-note:

I realize my truck is kinda rare, so parts are not mad off the shelf. Would anyone know where I could get QUALITY one-off work done?? I’d really be interested in a complete suspension makeover, custom roof rack and stand-alone 12v AUX system. (My truck is 24v system)
Any of our bigger city's will have great facilities that handle what your asking for. I wouldn't worry we are not third world.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello New Mexicans! I'm Sid Goodloe. Ive been following Overland Bound and Forums for several years. Just became a member. I live down in Lincoln County and have covered a good bit of country across NM and Southern Colorado. Looking forward to meeting any of you if you come through my part of the state. I just posted on the new member section if you want to know what I drive or experience.
Okay, we are glad to have you near us.

Reactions: GoodSid

Busadude

Rank II

Contributor III

Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Glad I found this site. Mostly been doing prospecting with a bud but my work sends me to some pretty remote places so I needed a good vehicle to get to those places comfortably. So now I'm prepping my Cherokee for overlanding since I already do it for a living. I know it's a newer cherokee but I'm pretty happy with it. Still a lot of work to do on it.

jeeping2C.jpg

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Name is Sonny and I live near Santa Fe. Just joined the forum in hopes of hooking with some NM peeps for some OL'ing adventures here in the state. Posted in the new members section as well as the full size rig section. Anyway, warmer weather is upon us and I'm ready to get out with some like minded peeps.
Welcome to OB Sonny. Love to join you some day, this is s great state for Overlanding.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Glad I found this site. Mostly been doing prospecting with a bud but my work sends me to some pretty remote places so I needed a good vehicle to get to those places comfortably. So now I'm prepping my Cherokee for overlanding since I already do it for a living. I know it's a newer cherokee but I'm pretty happy with it. Still a lot of work to do on it.

View attachment 195189
Cool name.

Blackey

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo NM
First Name
Michael
Last Name
White
Tahoeppv I’m retired usaf myself. Where is bud atc I’m in Alamogorodo no. I’m not quite setup yet. My major problem is sleeping quarters . Rooftop tents are out in top of the jl. I’d like a medium to large off-road trailer as I like my creature comforts. I’m disabled between my neck, back arm and legs.my neck suffers from spasms where scar tissue is pressing on the nerve ruse yhat run down my rt arm ans shoulder. My lower back prevents me from stand and walking if I stand I get pain running from one upper hip area to the other across the back intensifying as I stand. If I remove the pressure by sitting or laying down. My hand have neuropathy so they work but not very well I drop more stuff than I get right. Now both legs suffer from neuropathy which for me makes them numb from the knee down. Imagine walking on two wooden logs as legs you can’t feel your footing or much else. I also duffer from sleep apnea which I think I have under control using a goal zero. I’ve reached out to neurosurgeons in El Paso,and las cruces and both declined my case.

that’s what I’m up against. A ground tent might work on some trips as long as a cot can be used since it very hard for me to get off the ground. I have a bunch of trail equipment including a air bag. Several stapr, tree savers and both hard and cost shackles. Air compressor. I have the semi major parts for a camp kitchen for a couple of people. Small single burner camping stove, collasable bucket and basin plus a drain rack. Somewhere is a shower or kitchen water source.plus anotherwater source that you pump with your foot. My problem with the jl 2door is being able to transport everything.I have a dometic CFX3 3 fridge which I’m quite impressed with.

incase I never stated the ride it is a 2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon JL 2 foot in hellayella. It has a light bar above the windshield and Incase I need to back up one across the back the front has two little pod lights at the base of the windshield.. I carry my Hilo farm jack across the loop above the winch. The winch is a warn evo 8k synthetic with a factor 55 end. Inside the comm will run from cb to grams and eventually ham once I dettled down and stud at for and take the fcc test.kits inside include first aidkits, recovery kits, tool kits, diagnostic kit. Mods to add light strip over open tail gate, third brake light strip fot stop , turn and backup lights. Grams radio and antenna. I wish to organize everything better oncethey are in soft cases.then put the fridge in after the genegig dual battery kit is installed with the in cab monitor and rear mount 12 volt receptacle.
I would like to find and used frond sleeping trailer at a great price for over landing.

I have a superc Motorhome for use to get to locations but it’s not off road capable.
So I guess until the trailer is aquired I’ll need two things one some one to assist in setting up camp and the other is the sleep quarters with cot and pad ar a minimum for me I have a tent cot but I’m not sure how that will work for me and my dog.
Any ideas please chime in

any body that needs a ride ans can assist me we shelter and aide let me know preferably in the Alamogorodo area for startingout trailheads in ruidoso cloud Croft or surrounding areas at least in the beginning.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tahoeppv I’m retired usaf myself. Where is bud atc I’m in Alamogorodo no. I’m not quite setup yet. My major problem is sleeping quarters . Rooftop tents are out in top of the jl. I’d like a medium to large off-road trailer as I like my creature comforts. I’m disabled between my neck, back arm and legs.my neck suffers from spasms where scar tissue is pressing on the nerve ruse yhat run down my rt arm ans shoulder. My lower back prevents me from stand and walking if I stand I get pain running from one upper hip area to the other across the back intensifying as I stand. If I remove the pressure by sitting or laying down. My hand have neuropathy so they work but not very well I drop more stuff than I get right. Now both legs suffer from neuropathy which for me makes them numb from the knee down. Imagine walking on two wooden logs as legs you can’t feel your footing or much else. I also duffer from sleep apnea which I think I have under control using a goal zero. I’ve reached out to neurosurgeons in El Paso,and las cruces and both declined my case.

that’s what I’m up against. A ground tent might work on some trips as long as a cot can be used since it very hard for me to get off the ground. I have a bunch of trail equipment including a air bag. Several stapr, tree savers and both hard and cost shackles. Air compressor. I have the semi major parts for a camp kitchen for a couple of people. Small single burner camping stove, collasable bucket and basin plus a drain rack. Somewhere is a shower or kitchen water source.plus anotherwater source that you pump with your foot. My problem with the jl 2door is being able to transport everything.I have a dometic CFX3 3 fridge which I’m quite impressed with.

incase I never stated the ride it is a 2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon JL 2 foot in hellayella. It has a light bar above the windshield and Incase I need to back up one across the back the front has two little pod lights at the base of the windshield.. I carry my Hilo farm jack across the loop above the winch. The winch is a warn evo 8k synthetic with a factor 55 end. Inside the comm will run from cb to grams and eventually ham once I dettled down and stud at for and take the fcc test.kits inside include first aidkits, recovery kits, tool kits, diagnostic kit. Mods to add light strip over open tail gate, third brake light strip fot stop , turn and backup lights. Grams radio and antenna. I wish to organize everything better oncethey are in soft cases.then put the fridge in after the genegig dual battery kit is installed with the in cab monitor and rear mount 12 volt receptacle.
I would like to find and used frond sleeping trailer at a great price for over landing.

I have a superc Motorhome for use to get to locations but it’s not off road capable.
So I guess until the trailer is aquired I’ll need two things one some one to assist in setting up camp and the other is the sleep quarters with cot and pad ar a minimum for me I have a tent cot but I’m not sure how that will work for me and my dog.

any body that needs a ride ans can assist me we shelter and aide let me know preferably in the Alamogorodo area for startingout trailheads in ruidoso cloud Croft or surrounding areas at least in the beginning.
Sending you a private message.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

Hi Michael, I just saw this. Buda is a little south of Austin, Tx. I’m definitely not local, but get to New Mexico when I can for fun.
I see @Lanlubber reached out. I hope y’all are able to connect.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

How soon would you be ready for an overnighter in the Organ camp site near the Hollaman base ?