Arizona, USA
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DTM
Took a little drive this weekend with my youngest daughter and visited the VLA and then the Kelly mine. On the way home we stopped off in Pie Town to grab a treat.

Attachments

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
Im not in NM, but would love to de the Enchanted Rockies trail
We'd love to have you! Do you mean the Enchanted Circle? It's the mostly circular drive from Taos, to Questa, Red River, Eagle Nest, Angel Fire, and back to Taos. If that's not it, let us know where you'd like to go - it's all pretty spectacular. Edit: OK, I looked up "Enchanted Rockies". Looks like it was originally a marketing ploy to promote someone's business and they ripped off the "Enchanted" descriptor from NM. But a good trail is a good trail. Lots of great roads out there to explore.

Last edited:

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

We'd love to have you! Do you mean the Enchanted Circle? It's the mostly circular drive from Taos, to Questa, Red River, Eagle Nest, Angel Fire, and back to Taos. If that's not it, let us know where you'd like to go - it's all pretty spectacular. Edit: OK, I looked up "Enchanted Rockies". Looks like it was originally a marketing ploy to promote someone's business and they ripped off the "Enchanted" descriptor from NM. But a good trail is a good trail. Lots of great roads out there to explore.
No the Enchanted Rockies Trail that Kevin of Lifestyle Overland did. Goes from southern NM to Central CO.

Reactions: Brian B1973

Quest4ADV

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Corrales, NM
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Montero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JWS
The wife and I took off Saturday to go splorin' and ended up on the Dome Lookup Rd (FS 289 I think). I had seen on the map it connects with HWY 4 up near Valle Caldera and wanted to check it out in her Subaru. The beginning is a little rough, she was freaking out :) but the little Crosstrek just plowed on through everything I threw at it. Has anyone else explored those roads and trails up there?

Reactions: Overland 505

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

The wife and I took off Saturday to go splorin' and ended up on the Dome Lookup Rd (FS 289 I think). I had seen on the map it connects with HWY 4 up near Valle Caldera and wanted to check it out in her Subaru. The beginning is a little rough, she was freaking out :) but the little Crosstrek just plowed on through everything I threw at it. Has anyone else explored those roads and trails up there?
Been all over up there. Did you go from tent rocks up to dome road?

Reactions: Quest4ADV

Quest4ADV

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Corrales, NM
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Montero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JWS
Been all over up there. Did you go from tent rocks up to dome road?

No, we went in right past the golf course. I was amazed how scenic it was. I read the story of that old apple orchard and the fire and flood of 2011 that did it in, Pretty sad.

Reactions: Overland 505