Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

JetMechPilot

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
OK gents, I am heading out of Franklin at 11:00 AM and going to start at the eastern entrance to the loop off of Leipers Creek Rd and just cruise around and explore a bit. If anyone starts later and wants to catch up I'll check this board and see where anyone may be. I'm going to try to get my CB temporarily hooked up this evening so I'll be on channel 16 as well.

Reactions: Guy N.Cognito

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

I finished my tailgate table project! I used to have a detatchable table but I never really liked it. I always wanted one that was permanently attached so I gave it another go and I think it came out great! I used some 1/2 birch plywood as the base with a 30" piano hinge. I needed some extra strength to hold the table to the tailgate so I used a few nutserts and lastly paracord to hold the table in place when open. I used that instead of steel cable to prevent scratching on the tailgate. It's a little tight but it should work. I will take it camping soon to see if I wind up with any revisions that need to be made. IMG_20181201_170125.jpegIMG_20181201_170129.jpegIMG_20181201_170134.jpegIMG_20181201_170317.jpeg

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I finished my tailgate table project! I used to have a detatchable table but I never really liked it. I always wanted one that was permanently attached so I gave it another go and I think it came out great! I used some 1/2 birch plywood as the base with a 30" piano hinge. I needed some extra strength to hold the table to the tailgate so I used a few nutserts and lastly paracord to hold the table in place when open. I used that instead of steel cable to prevent scratching on the tailgate. It's a little tight but it should work. I will take it camping soon to see if I wind up with any revisions that need to be made. View attachment 77717View attachment 77718View attachment 77719View attachment 77720
Turned out awesome!!! Did you buy some nutserts? I had some for you.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Yeah, I was thinking about it some more and I figured it would be good to have the tool! Thanks for offering though! How was DD today?

Ok cool glad it worked out for you. It was cool wasn’t raining just a little wet is all but good.

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

OK gents, I am heading out of Franklin at 11:00 AM and going to start at the eastern entrance to the loop off of Leipers Creek Rd and just cruise around and explore a bit. If anyone starts later and wants to catch up I'll check this board and see where anyone may be. I'm going to try to get my CB temporarily hooked up this evening so I'll be on channel 16 as well.
Cool - I’m not familiar with the area but might love to jump in this crew. Can you give me a little more info on where exactly to go?

JetMechPilot

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Cool - I’m not familiar with the area but might love to jump in this crew. Can you give me a little more info on where exactly to go?
Not much of a crew...ha. Just me and my fam going right now that I know of. Another guy from the Meet Ups forum said he may make it out about 12:30 and I told him to message me if he does and he can come meet me where I am at that time.

If you want to meet at Pucketts in Leipers Fork at 11:30, that's cool with me and we can just go from there to the route I kind of had planned. This is going to be a pretty informal deal...I have never been on any of the DD, but I have the maps on my phone now so it is just going to be a bit exploratory. Just taking our time and if there is anything cool to see, stop and take pictures or let my little boy out to play for a few, etc. And I will have no hard feelings if you think we are going too slow or want to go your own route or anything. But you are also welcome to tag along with us and just see what is out there.

Last edited:

JetMechPilot

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Download the GAIA map app. Then go to the links a couple pages back in this thread and download the map attachments. They should open with GAIA

Edit. Download the files to a PC, then email that file to yourself. Open the file in the email with your iPhone. That’s how I read to do it and it worked for me.

Last edited:

JetMechPilot

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Strange. I just downloaded GAIA on two different iPads and the same map files will NOT open on them. Just a bunch of text. The only one that would open was the .kmz file. All work fine on my phone but not the iPads.

Guy N.Cognito

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville,TN
Member #

Download the GAIA map app. Then go to the links a couple pages back in this thread and download the map attachments. They should open with GAIA

Edit. Download the files to a PC, then email that file to yourself. Open the file in the email with your iPhone. That’s how I read to do it and it worked for me.

My family and I will be meeting you at 11:30 at the Leipers Fork Puckett’s. We will be in this:

IMG_7859.JPG

On CB Ch 16

David