Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
View attachment 147055View attachment 147056
New proud member here. My 05 Taco, 3" Toytec lift, JBA UCA's, AAL out back and went from 17" to 16" wheels with 285 Falken Wildpeak AT3's. So much more to come!
Welcome to the forums neighbor! Have you had a chance to do the Plumas NF back country discovery trail? You can access the first leg from the road going to the ranger station in Nevada City and it's a nice multi day historical journey. there is a PDF guide and everything!

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Oh, and our current adventure vehicle. A 2015 Tucson SE with AWD and a locking center diff (electronic push button) and sport shift so I can keep her in low gear. I also got the downhill assist on her, which helps save brakes. She needs some tires, but is pretty capable as is. Clearance is definitely an issue, but the market in Australia for these things is growing so there are kitted out versions out there.

My beautiful co-pilot in life. She makes every picture look good. A nice test for a newly married and freshly parented couple, this pandemic is. We are right in our element and getting so much unexpected and much cherished bonding time with our new crotch goblin.

Thelgord

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Harlem, GA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

I recently sold my 1999 Isuzu Vehicross and replaced it with a bone stock 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. It’s not that the Isuzu was too small, just not near reliable enough to trust. It was fun, when it worked.

The Sport Trac, though a 2002, only had 80k on it and it is in near mint condition, and hopefully makes for a much better platform for adventure.

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, Queensland Australia
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

Here's my 1995 LR Defender 110 Wgn. It's been a bit of a mission to get it up to scratch but with the help of a fellow Defender Nut, we have managed to make it into a Overland Touring vehicle. This is its 1st real test up into the High Country of Victoria:

I then converted it so I could sleep in the back and do more solo trips during my days off midweek:

Then I ended up buying a later model Defender - a 2010 model with a more modern interior; better A/C and a more powerful Diesel engine. This is now our family remote Touring vehicle:

I also have one of the old Discovey-1 vehicles but will be selling it in the near future...

but... here's something we came across in the desert last year - one ultimate touring rig: an ex-Australian Army Perentie 6x6 Ambulance - if only I could get one of these...

Here's also a little video from a while back of myself and a few mates testing our Defenders out in a local National Park nearby...

Landrover Defender Weekend at Sundown National Park

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

kevinh26

Rank I

Enthusiast I

southern NY
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Healy
It was neglected for sure but i have no idea how much it was driven in the last year or so.

I was under the rear end for the first time last night and it turns out the whole back half of the frame is completely rusted out. So bring on the donor cars. hahaha.

View attachment 116306
I have an 2004 disco i just replaced the rear 1/3 from Rovers North, came out great. not a difficult job, needs to be welded

The Meyer Life

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

This is our "new to us" 2019 Ram Rebel. We are taking advantage of the downtime to get it ready for adventures! So far we have installed Bilstein 5100 struts up front giving us a 2" lift. We installed a soft topper to keep our gear protected. Inside we wired in USB ports for the kids in the back, a Pro Clip iPad mount, and a mirror dash cam with a camera in the front to see where the rocks are! We painted the tow hooks, added some patches on the ceiling, and some other minor upgrades. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring with our new rig!

IMG_3388.jpg