Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

0260266F-157E-4D49-AB87-51C6C1B1DB73.jpeg

Mine. Not rigged with the usual (yet). I like the way your Pro is rigged, Dadfish. I might end up PMing you about some rigging. Not sure I wanna go the "rooftop" tent route, but I like the rack & storage & the fact you can still keep your bed covered. I may go much simpler to start, like a tent cot, cooler & totes. We'll see...

troywhittaker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alto, MI, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Whittaker
Member #

Making some progress with my Silverado! Installed the Undercover Ridgelander with Rhino Rack system as my secure storage foundation. The cross bars are very solid and support my existing Thule gear mounts. I’m now looking at some new true all-terrain tires to round out the first phase build.

Attachments

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
It was a smoother ride. I know that’s the nature of the beast when lifting a Jeep so I don’t regret it because it’s very capable. I’m more into the vehicle being comfortable which is tough to do when lifting a Jeep. People who have rode in it say it’s the best riding Jeep they been in. I think I like the ride of an IFS vehicle over solid axle. I just prefer the look of a Jeep over a Toyota.
Well I guess I wished it into existence. I had three death wobble instances on Thursday so I immediately traded the Jeep for a 2020 4 Runner TRD Pro. I’m so happy with this purchase and there is no comparison between the two on ride quality. Can’t wait to see what the 4R can do in Moab next weekend. I guess I need to change my forum name. IMG_2261.jpg

Roaminguero

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Winterthur, Switzerland
First Name
Roman
Last Name
vA
Member #

Sold the Jimny and bought a 2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 manual. Literally the biggest thing to fit in my garage box but a model I had my eye on for some time anyway given its body on frame construction and proper low range box. Should be good and will make a better long range tourer than my Jimny was. (Jimny of course has it beat off-road but for my use I think it was overkill anyway)

Let the modding begin :)

Attachments

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
1998 Jeep TJ. 2.5 four cylinder/five-speed (spunky, but at best just adequate when pulling a trailer). Hand throttle. 3.5" Rubicon Express short-arm lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks. Dana 30 front/Dana 44 rear both with alloy axle shafts, 4.88 gears, Aussie locker front/Detroit locker rear. 285/75/16" Dick Cepek FC II tires on 16x8" steel rims. Dirtworx rear bumper with swing-away spare tire carrier. Bulldog fiberglass top and upper half doors, Surco aluminum roof rack. Warn M8000lb winch up front with synthetic cable. CB, small ham radio in cab. Wired for electric trailer brakes. Body armor on rear corners and sides, ROKMEN gas tank and steering box skid plates. Jeep Rubicon fender flares (they're a little wider than non-Rubicon fender flares). Lots of recovery gear inside. One other nice thing I've done is convert the tailgate from the factory swing-open tailgate to a drop-down tailgate using a kit from SWAG Off-Road Welcome to SWAG Off Road -
canopy.25.jpgOverland Adventure.1.jpgOverland adventure.3.jpg

Last edited:

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
My other vehicles I'd like to take overlanding (in addition to my TJ posted above):

1. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. 5.2/auto. 2" spring lift up front, 2" add-a-leaf in the rear. Bilstein 5100 series shocks. 285/75/16" tires on 16x8" Dick Cepek Torque rims. 4.10 gears, and True-tracs front and rear. CB radio. Wired for electric brake controller. Very comfortable and easy to drive, and is a beast in the snow. With the ARE cap on the back I can sleep in the truck bed on a cot, or easily pull my little trailer. Plenty of room in the bed of the truck for whatever I wanted to bring. Often use it to pull my Willys Jeep places.

2. 1946 Willys CJ2A. 1973 2000cc Pinto engine (Novak adapter), T-90 tranny/Spicer 18 transfer case with Warn OD. Dana 25 front/Dana 44 rear with 5.38 gears with Lock-Rights front/rear. Rancho 2.5" spring lift with Rancho 5000 shocks. 31x10.5x15" tires on 15x8 black spokes. 11" brakes front/rear. Con-ferr skid plating underneath. Swing-away spare tire carrier with jerry can mount. Ramsey 6000lb winch up front. Viet-Nam era M38A1 rear bumper (narrowed) with Jeep YJ bumperettes, custom 2" receiver with pintle hitch. Custom aluminum diamond plating on sides and rear corners (covers a lot of ugly). Full roll cage, 69 Firebird seats with 5-point racing harness. Saginaw manual steering. CB, high-lift, axe, shovel, CO2 tank, tools, etc.. Will pretty much go anywhere off-road, but on the highway won't get there fast. Haven't tried pulling the little trailer with it (need to wire the Willys for the electric brake controller - I have the parts). Would have to pack it a little carefully - doable, but not a lot of space behind the seats. It would be fun though to take on a multi-day off-pavement trip, especially with the windshield folded down.
Truck and trailer.jpgParade.8.JPGTiff.10.jpg

Last edited:

CongoJoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Guzman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ETE
It's been a while since I've been on here, thought I'd say hey and share a photo of what I upgraded my Minivan to. I've had a few adventures in it so I'll share those photos in a future post.

1995 Chevy K2500 Sub, the 4 wheel drive needs service but it's got all the power I need. 7.4L 454. The suspension could use an upgrade but it gets me through the woods.

burban.jpg