First Name
Mark
Last Name
Kinsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6JZX
Hi all!

My name is Mark, and my wife and I live in San Diego (Rancho Penasquitos area). I used to do a lot of "overland" trips back in the 90's before most folks in the US used that word. At the time, I had a built Jeep Cherokee with a Trailblazer Camper off-road tent trailer (I was a dealer for them). I switched to Toyota in 2001 with a 1st gen Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road, which stayed relatively stock, but supported all of the outdoor activities I enjoy (camping, hiking, mountaineering, caving, climbing, trail running, mountain biking, search and rescue volunteer).

I updated to a 3rd gen Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed TRD Off-Road in 2017. I have been building it over the past two years: CBI front / rear bumpers and sliders, Warn M8000-S winch, Old Man Emu BP-51 suspension with SPC upper control arms, Prinsu CabRack and TopRack, Snug Top reinforced shell, Tepui Gran Sabana Roof-Top Tent, and this past week added FN Wheels FX Pro 16 x 8's and Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT LT285/75R16 tires.

I am looking forward to meeting other members and going on some trips!MK_Taco_1008_190406.jpg

Last edited:

Mattyspies3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Hey guys!

My name's Marshall and I live in Victoria, British Columbia. I drive a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport. Fairly new to Overlanding but have been on a few 1-2 week long trips with the truck and am in the planning phase of my first American PNW trip.

View attachment 91929
Victoria is an amazing place. Lots of fun memories up there. Sweet rig!

Risco family adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hillsboro, OR, USA
First Name
Willy
Last Name
Risco
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy ret
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Risco family adventures! This is the perfect place for meeting like-minded people and getting out and exploring, so I think you and your family are in the right place. The whole PNW is ripe with trails and adventures waiting to be experienced. I highly recommend heading over to our NorthWest Region forum [link] and getting to know the other members in the Portland/Vancouver area. That is where we do a lot of the planning for events and just chat about things PNW related in general. You should also watch the Rally Point System [link] for announcements of events that may be of interest to you. Of course it sounds like you are already acquainted with the biggest event of the season, NWOR. There are a number of members who are attending and some are planning on traveling up the Washington Backroad Discovery Route from the Oregon border, so that may be of interest to you! Beyond that, you should check out what @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are doing down in the Salem area, as they always have something planned.

I look forward to meeting you and your family out there someday. Until then, feel free to contact me via the forums @Jedi if you need anything.
Thanks Jedi, The back country route trip to NWOR is exactly what we are wanting to do! Thanks for the heads up!

MagmaFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Julicher
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9RGK
Howdy from the Reno area of NV. My family goes adventuring in an FJC on 33". We have done lots of runs 'solo' and a number with other local clubs. But I am still trying to network more with folks that want to go farther to cool places, and not just rockcrawl. Expedition style is more our speed so I am looking forward to meeting more people into it. We do a lot of rock hounding and hitting ghost towns. Nothing beats parking on a mountain in the middle of nowhere, popping the ARB awning and cracking open a cold one.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Howdy from the Reno area of NV. My family goes adventuring in an FJC on 33". We have done lots of runs 'solo' and a number with other local clubs. But I am still trying to network more with folks that want to go farther to cool places, and not just rockcrawl. Expedition style is more our speed so I am looking forward to meeting more people into it. We do a lot of rock hounding and hitting ghost towns. Nothing beats parking on a mountain in the middle of nowhere, popping the ARB awning and cracking open a cold one.
Welcome. Sounds like some fun runs. Check out the Reno Overlanding meetings. Ther is one tomorrow.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Reactions: Cendee

Johns327

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Amarillo, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Just wanted to introduce myself.
I am from Amarillo, Texas and I am completely new to this. I want to get my family out in the world exploring. I am encouraged by seeing this group.

My daily driver was dying and I took that as my opportunity to commit to this. I picked up a new Wrangler unlimited sport s. I am excited about this next step for our small family.

6F9B742D-4C18-4241-AC47-BA17769F7FF4.jpeg

american.outdoorsman15

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Gales Ferry, Ledyard, CT, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LJA
Hey everyone, Rafael from eastern CT. I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ. I am new to the overlanding world but glad to have found a community such as this!

Currently considering selling my Jeep and getting a Tacoma as I want to build a combined hunting and overlanding vehicle. Thoughts?fullsizeoutput_1647.jpeg

Haust

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
D
Last Name
W
Member #

1. I just traded my 2012 JK in on this JKU.
2. Spokane, Washington
3. 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
4. My experience is kind of all over the place. I come from a backpacking and bikepacking environment that has come to include a lot of car camping, with my family. My overlanding has generally been on known trails (BDR, etc.) or trail like roads, in Washington and Idaho.

I’m really happy to be here. I’ve been lurking for a long time, but I’m pretty stoked to be a part of this now. Looking forward to adventures with you all!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Reactions: RedPowerRanger

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 92952

2. Spokane, Washington
4. My experience is kind of all over the place. I come from a backpacking and bikepacking environment that has come to include a lot of car camping, with my family. My overlanding has generally been on known trails (BDR, etc.) or trail like roads, in Washington and Idaho.

I’m really happy to be here. I’ve been lurking for a long time, but I’m pretty stoked to be a part of this now. Looking forward to adventures with you all!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
View attachment 92952

2. Spokane, Washington

Welcome to Overland Bound @Haust. Nice looking Jeep! You will find that, going from a JK to a JKU, the extra room is really nice to have without losing too much capability on the trail. Washington and Idaho have a lot to offer and you are also close to the border with B.C., which has an amazing amount of nature to explore. There are also a number of Overland Bound members in-and-around your neck of the woods that love to get together and go out. I recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get to know who and what is going on in the area. We also post events to our Rally Point System [link] so it is a good idea to keep an eye on that as well. There is a monthly Inland Northwest Conference Call [link], led by @Sandpoint Steve, coming up on April 21, 2019 that is a great way to get introduced to your neighbors and find out what is going on. A lot of people are starting planning for the biggest event of the PNW, the NW Overland Rally [link] in Plain, WA at the end of June. It is a huge event with lots to of people to meet, lots to see, and lots to learn.

I look forward to meeting you someday soon. Until then, if you need anything, feel free to contact me via the forums @Jedi.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello,

Came across overlanding by chance while searching for bike rack solutions for my truck. Think I found the solution :)

1) Topeka, KS
2) 2019 Tacoma DCLB Off Road
3) No experience in overlanding, did a little camping while I lived in California.

Looking forward to meeting new people and getting my kids involved with the outdoors now that they are a little older.
Good Morning,

Welcome to Overland Bound! You will love our community.

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region. Check out your local information and get involved here: OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

I am your member rep so please reach out to me if you need anything.

Here is the link to check out the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events: Overland Bound Meetups

Planning a trip or want to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

Welcome to our amazing community where we help each other outfit and explore because adventure is necessary!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey all. Live up in the beautiful NW in Seattle, but originally from New England. Excited to be part of such an amazing community. Open to advice or the opportunity to talk shop. Just hit me up
.View attachment 92826
Hiya @Mattyspies3 and welcome to Overland Bound. That is a great looking 4Runner, I am sure you and your family get lots of enjoyment out of it. Seattle is a great central location for all that the PNW has to offer so I doubt you will ever be bored out here.
There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you don't mind traveling a little to the North or South of Seattle, @Gabriel Bozeman is working on setting up monthly meetups of members in the North Sound area [link] and @Sarge368 is working to do the same for the South Sound members [link]. Many of the members are actively planning for the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA [link] which occurs at the end of June.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Sarge368

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey all. Live up in the beautiful NW in Seattle, but originally from New England. Excited to be part of such an amazing community. Open to advice or the opportunity to talk shop. Just hit me up
.View attachment 92826
Welcome to Overland Bound!

You are in the Northwest Region. Check out your local information and get involved here: OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you: Overland Bound Regions!

Here is the link to check out the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events: Overland Bound Meetups

Planning a trip or want to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

Welcome to our amazing community where we help each other outfit and explore because adventure is necessary!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi all!

My name is Mark, and my wife and I live in San Diego (Rancho Penasquitos area). I used to do a lot of "overland" trips back in the 90's before most folks in the US used that word. At the time, I had a built Jeep Cherokee with a Trailblazer Camper off-road tent trailer (I was a dealer for them). I switched to Toyota in 2001 with a 1st gen Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road, which stayed relatively stock, but supported all of the outdoor activities I enjoy (camping, hiking, mountaineering, caving, climbing, trail running, mountain biking, search and rescue volunteer).

I updated to a 3rd gen Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed TRD Off-Road in 2017. I have been building it over the past two years: CBI front / rear bumpers and sliders, Warn M-8000S winch, Old Man Emu BP-51 suspension with SPC upper control arms, Prinsu CabRack and TopRack, Snug Top reinforced shell, Tepui Gran Sabana Roof-Top Tent, and this past week added FN Wheels FX Pro 16 x 8's and Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT LT285/75R16 tires.

I am looking forward to meeting other members and going on some trips!

View attachment 92834
Welcome to Overland Bound!

You are in the West Region. Check out your local information and get involved here: OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you: Overland Bound Regions!