Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Mattyspies3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Hiya @Mattyspies3 and welcome to Overland Bound. That is a great looking 4Runner, I am sure you and your family get lots of enjoyment out of it. Seattle is a great central location for all that the PNW has to offer so I doubt you will ever be bored out here.
There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you don't mind traveling a little to the North or South of Seattle, @Gabriel Bozeman is working on setting up monthly meetups of members in the North Sound area [link] and @Sarge368 is working to do the same for the South Sound members [link]. Many of the members are actively planning for the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA [link] which occurs at the end of June.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thanks @Jedi already checked out the NW region info and introduced myself there, but will check all the links and info about the meet ups. Appreciate all the info!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Welcome
Hey everyone, Rafael from eastern CT. I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ. I am new to the overlanding world but glad to have found a community such as this!

Currently considering selling my Jeep and getting a Tacoma as I want to build a combined hunting and overlanding vehicle. Thoughts?View attachment 92939
Welcome! As a TJ owner with a lot or MetalCloak products I say KEEP the JEEP! There is nothing like putting the top down, taking the doors off and just driving through the mountains. That looks like a nice TJ. Totally understand wanting the Tacoma's as they are very nice and have more room. Good luck deciding! There are always trade offs but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Hey all. Live up in the beautiful NW in Seattle, but originally from New England. Excited to be part of such an amazing community. Open to advice or the opportunity to talk shop. Just hit me up
.View attachment 92826
@Mattyspies3 Welcome! Very nice picture of your rig and The Mountain. There are lots of good roads to explore around Greenwater, Carbon River and the Nisqually Entrance to Mt. Rainier.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

patricklariviere

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Ottawa, ON, Canada
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm an experienced off roader and getting into the overland community. I have had a few trucks in the past but now I'm driving a 1995 Land Rover Defender 90 with ALOT of work and upgrades done to it. This is really a true off road capable truck.

I'm located in Ottawa Ontario Canada and I'm part of the Ottawa Valley Land Rovers Club.

Cheers,
PL

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm an experienced off roader and getting into the overland community. I have had a few trucks in the past but now I'm driving a 1995 Land Rover Defender 90 with ALOT of work and upgrades done to it. This is really a true off road capable truck.

I'm located in Ottawa Ontario Canada and I'm part of the Ottawa Valley Land Rovers Club.

Cheers,
PL
Love the Defender! Total dream car!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Cheers,
PL
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

WandererKev

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hello everyone! My name is Kevin and I'm from Rock Springs, Wyoming. I've been camping since I was little kid and cruising backcountry roads since I got my driving permit. I've had over 20 vehicles in the 13 years I've been on the road and all of them but a few have been 4x4's. I'll be running with the full size crowd in a 2004 Ford Excursion that I just picked up and will be purpose building to hop in on my days off from the daily grind and take off to where ever I feel like going to explore. I hope to learn a bunch on here, meet many of y'all, and just get out there and have some great times!

Haust

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
D
Last Name
W
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound @Haust. Nice looking Jeep! You will find that, going from a JK to a JKU, the extra room is really nice to have without losing too much capability on the trail. Washington and Idaho have a lot to offer and you are also close to the border with B.C., which has an amazing amount of nature to explore. There are also a number of Overland Bound members in-and-around your neck of the woods that love to get together and go out. I recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get to know who and what is going on in the area. We also post events to our Rally Point System [link] so it is a good idea to keep an eye on that as well. There is a monthly Inland Northwest Conference Call [link], led by @Sandpoint Steve, coming up on April 21, 2019 that is a great way to get introduced to your neighbors and find out what is going on. A lot of people are starting planning for the biggest event of the PNW, the NW Overland Rally [link] in Plain, WA at the end of June. It is a huge event with lots to of people to meet, lots to see, and lots to learn.

I look forward to meeting you someday soon. Until then, if you need anything, feel free to contact me via the forums @Jedi.
I could not ask for a warmer welcome, Jedi. I appreciate all of the links and the the information. Thank you for the point in the right direction and all of you, for providing a great place to learn, hang out and dig on everybody's trail reports and rides.

The only thing I'm going to miss about my JK is the ability to execute a 180 on double-track. That was pretty dang awesome. The room in the JKU makes up for it. I like vehicles I can camp in and this fits the bill, with everything I love about Jeeps.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin and I'm from Rock Springs, Wyoming. I've been camping since I was little kid and cruising backcountry roads since I got my driving permit. I've had over 20 vehicles in the 13 years I've been on the road and all of them but a few have been 4x4's. I'll be running with the full size crowd in a 2004 Ford Excursion that I just picked up and will be purpose building to hop in on my days off from the daily grind and take off to where ever I feel like going to explore. I hope to learn a bunch on here, meet many of y'all, and just get out there and have some great times!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Good Morning Kevin,
Welcome to Overland Bound!

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region. Check out your local information and get involved here: OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

I am your main point of contact for Wyoming so please reach out to me if you need anything.

Here is the link to check out the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events: Overland Bound Meetups

Planning a trip or want to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

Welcome to our amazing community where we help each other outfit and explore because adventure is necessary!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. Andre from Rocklin, CA. ‘18 4Runner ORP. Looking forward to new adventures with others that know what they’re doing.....because I don’t . I don’t even know what I don’t know.
Welcome to Overland Bound.
You have an awesome resource close to your location, @Magic Mike he is your local Member Representative.

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers,
PL
Welcome to Overland Bound.
Your regional representatives are planing events in your area. Contact @Hank Outdoors if you have any questions he is a great resource.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Cheers,
PL
Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Central Region!
Very awesome rig you have there!!! If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the Canada - Central Forum? Check this link:
Canada - Central (QC ON)

Reactions: Freespirit.wk2

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all. Andre from Rocklin, CA. ‘18 4Runner ORP. Looking forward to new adventures with others that know what they’re doing.....because I don’t . I don’t even know what I don’t know.
Hope all is well down there in Rocklin! I’m not far from you, just up here in Auburn. If there is anything you have a question about shoot me message. Don’t forget to check out the 4Runner registry.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

DUSTDVL

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the Overlanding concept, but I've been Jeeping and Camping and some combination of those since I was a kid so I guess that puts me in the Intermediate category. My biggest pitfall is trip planning and hoping to get better about that!

1) IMG_1064.JPG
2) Location: Phoenix, AZ
3) Rig: 2014 JKU Rubicon & Custom Trailer
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate