Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florence, AL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Franks
Member #

Hello! I just joined the community OB17629. My name is Grey and I live in chehalis Washington. I am new to overlanding and have a few short trips planned in my 1996 Grand Cherokee in the next few months to get my feet wet. See you around the Pacific Northwest!
Welcome to the community!

Reactions: Greyr

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Hello! I just joined the community OB17629. My name is Grey and I live in chehalis Washington. I am new to overlanding and have a few short trips planned in my 1996 Grand Cherokee in the next few months to get my feet wet. See you around the Pacific Northwest!
Welcome. I am from Olympia and go out a lot in my earthcruiser and have a cabin in Packwood. Hope to meet you at one of the meet ups. Brent kj7bhn

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

SandStorm87

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bow WA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Krsak
Member #

Hi everyone.
I'm new here and a novice to Overlanding. I grew up here in Portland Or. I left in 1984 to join the US Army. Served for almost 10 years before returning to Portland.
My Overland rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ. It has a manual trans. about a 5 in lift with 32" BFG KM3's.
I'm also into mountain bike racing and riding. I just plain love to be in the woods with my XJ or mountain bike.

View attachment 92578
Hello from another Washington member, that's a good looking XJ you have. I am a bit jealous of you having a manual trans.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi everyone.
I'm new here and a novice to Overlanding. I grew up here in Portland Or. I left in 1984 to join the US Army. Served for almost 10 years before returning to Portland.
My Overland rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ. It has a manual trans. about a 5 in lift with 32" BFG KM3's.
I'm also into mountain bike racing and riding. I just plain love to be in the woods with my XJ or mountain bike.

View attachment 92578
Hello @Bigmac and welcome to Overland Bound. First and foremost, thank you for your service! That is a nice looking XJ with adventure written all over it. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you are willing to drive south a little, @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are actively planning a whole bunch of events in the Western Oregon part of the region. There are also a number of members in and around the PDX/Vancouver area that you could meet up with and start planning adventures together. One of the biggest events for the PNW is the NW Overland Rally [link] in Plain, WA at the end of June.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Bigmac

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everyone my family and I are anxious to hit the trails this spring and very ready to meet new adventure minded folks!
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Risco family adventures! This is the perfect place for meeting like-minded people and getting out and exploring, so I think you and your family are in the right place. The whole PNW is ripe with trails and adventures waiting to be experienced. I highly recommend heading over to our NorthWest Region forum [link] and getting to know the other members in the Portland/Vancouver area. That is where we do a lot of the planning for events and just chat about things PNW related in general. You should also watch the Rally Point System [link] for announcements of events that may be of interest to you. Of course it sounds like you are already acquainted with the biggest event of the season, NWOR. There are a number of members who are attending and some are planning on traveling up the Washington Backroad Discovery Route from the Oregon border, so that may be of interest to you! Beyond that, you should check out what @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are doing down in the Salem area, as they always have something planned.

I look forward to meeting you and your family out there someday. Until then, feel free to contact me via the forums @Jedi if you need anything.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hiya and welcome to Overland Bound Grey (@Greyr)! I can't wait to hear about your trips you have planned. Chehalis is a great location for launching into so many awesome areas of both the coast and the Cascades. There are also a lot of members to the North and to the South of you, so you are surrounded with opportunity! If you haven't already checked out the NorthWest Region forum [link], I highly recommend do so, as that is the place to meet others from the area and start planning an adventure. When events are organized, they are usually posted to our Rally Point System [link], so you might want to keep an eye on that as well. Coming up in June is the NW Overland Rally [link], which is the biggest gathering of overlanders in the PNW, so you might want to check that out.

I look forward to meeting you sometime soon. Until then, let me know if I can help you in any way by sending me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: Greyr and Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Welcome to the community! There is so much to utilize here on the forums to expand our knowledge on the passions we share.

We are planning on riding up into Washington after visiting CA on our cross country trip from Outer Banks NC. We are currently crossing the trans America Trail in our Jeep Wrangler. Follow our journey on YouTube. -

channel: Nikko and Lee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I'm excited to be joining the community. I'm fairly new to overlanding but have done offroading before. I love road trips and travels and exploring.

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road

I spend most of my summers in the 4 corners and would love to meet up in Moab or something!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Stephen I'm new to overlanding, love to hike but having 2 little kids who cant hike far I'm going to try overlanding out.

I just got my dream truck a 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum, she is bone stock for now.. I live in virginia beach va , and going to try getting out very soon...

Thank you allView attachment 92452

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Bigmac

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hello @Bigmac and welcome to Overland Bound. First and foremost, thank you for your service! That is a nice looking XJ with adventure written all over it. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you are willing to drive south a little, @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are actively planning a whole bunch of events in the Western Oregon part of the region. There are also a number of members in and around the PDX/Vancouver area that you could meet up with and start planning adventures together. One of the biggest events for the PNW is the NW Overland Rally [link] in Plain, WA at the end of June.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thank you very much for all the info. I'm going to check all that out today.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone - I am a novice Overlander but no stranger to being in the outdoors.
Rig: 2012 Ford F-150 FX4
” Adventure On”

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Ohio! New to Overlanding, looking for adventures. Will be between Ohio-Colorado Springs-Vegas-Montana end of may thru june in a 4 Runner, wanting to learn as much as I can this summer!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Chuck and I am a semi novice off-roader and a complete novice at overlanding but me and my family are more than ready to jump right in.

I have a 2019 dual cab Nissan Frontier.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here....and honestly just excited to read and learn about overlanding. Wife and I have roadtripped plenty of times and have always wanted a truck that we can build around and have some fun experiences. Picked up my truck this past weekend and stoked to share it with all you and dive into this.

Wheels and tires coming...going w/ the FJ steel wheels w/ BFG All Terrains that I have sitting around with 2k on them.

Rig: 2012 Tacoma (regular cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 2" Old Man Emu lift w/ heavy springs, ARB front bumper, Warn winch, Jeraco midrise cap w/ Yakima roof rack)
Experience: Novice
View attachment 92618

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Nick Henning