Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

the turnout on this thread is terrific - let's get a roll-call on who is def in and who is a possibility. Please reply following this thread with in or maybe so that we can start locking in the who part of this planning.

I agree with Ken - the dates work pretty well for meeting in San Felipe on the 28th and going from there -

My group is 100% in (2 rigs). We will also have our 7yo son with us, so the kids on the trip are going to be awesome!!

Ryan

D

Deleted member 37338

the turnout on this thread is terrific - let's get a roll-call on who is def in and who is a possibility. Please reply following this thread with in or maybe so that we can start locking in the who part of this planning.

I agree with Ken - the dates work pretty well for meeting in San Felipe on the 28th and going from there -

My group is 100% in (2 rigs). We will also have our 7yo son with us, so the kids on the trip are going to be awesome!!

Ryan
I am in. Probably headig there before Christmas my only concern is that may be a few peoples are first timers and maybe afraid to go into mexico by them self. I suggest that I can meet them in Calexico and drive with them to San Felipe. Let me know A am open.

D

Deleted member 37338

I am in. Probably headig there before Christmas my only concern is that may be a few peoples are first timers and maybe afraid to go into mexico by them self. I suggest that I can meet them in Calexico and drive with them to San Felipe. Let me know A am open.
FB8A54E1-976B-4098-9908-8CE024050C5D.jpegCamping in Punta Final this week.

Reactions: 06tacodude

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP

Ryan
We are still aiming for 12/28 arrival into San Felipe as well. We have a 7yo boy and 1yo girl so that would be nice for the kids to meet up and play.

Reactions: Ryan Matthes

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

@Rolando M good point - I am happy to meet up with folks on the US side as well and caravan down. If anyone would like that option, just let us know

Daniel Shupp

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Castro Valley, CA
Member #

As far as the actual crossing, I'm usually seeing far shorter wait times online at Calexico East (Mexicali II). Do you guys have a recommendation between West and East?

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I believe those are the wait times to get back in - I crossed out at West and it took like 2 minutes - back in at West was 3 hours, but that was right after the 1000 race.

I am likely to cross out at West again - and now I have sentri lane to get back in, looking forward to using that.

Reactions: Daniel Shupp

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

CBP times are to cross back into the USA.
Going into Mexico your time will be determind by getting your FMM as you enter and paying the bank then going back and getting stamped.
Coming back Sentri is fastest (you can't get it before you go). Ready lane, (Passports). Non read lane (No Passport).
You'll pick a lane and hope you are in a fast one. We call it boarder roulette.

Joseph Mongillo

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Camarillo, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Mongillo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WLT
Just found this thread. I'd definitely like to go. Would like to caravan with some folks from the US side, as I'm likely traveling alone. Meeting either the 27th or 28th is good for me!

Daniel Shupp

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Castro Valley, CA
Member #

I believe those are the wait times to get back in - I crossed out at West and it took like 2 minutes - back in at West was 3 hours, but that was right after the 1000 race.

I am likely to cross out at West again - and now I have sentri lane to get back in, looking forward to using that.
Thanks for the clarification! I was way off.. Lol

D

Deleted member 37338

@Rolando M good point - I am happy to meet up with folks on the US side as well and caravan down. If anyone would like that option, just let us know
I will be probably in Mexico by Christmas but I will come back to meet any body who want to caravan down don’t forget to get you Mexican car insurance at bajabound.com very important your usa car insurance won’t work there. Coming back best time early in the morning Tuesday through Sunday I do it most of the time by midnight that way you will cleared L.A. too.

MTN_SEEKER

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

We can't make it this year, but please be sure and post pics of the trip as we are planning this same time period for next year.

D

Deleted member 37338

Hi everyone, we have (2) rigs traveling from NorCal to San Felipe on Dec. 21st and making our way down to Bahia de Concepcion before heading back up and returning to Norcal around Jan. 4th. I'll keep a close eye on this thread and maybe we can meetup somewhere!
I will be there from 12/22 untill 1/6/20 let me know if you want yo meet.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Hello, We will be at our place from Christmas to January 7th. We're in Campo Garcia @ KM 39.5 on the road (Mex. Hwy 5) to Puerticitos/Gonzaga Bay. It's about 25 miles south of San Felipe (1/2 way to Puerticitos). All are welcome to stop in & say hi, stretch the legs, pee in a real toilet, have a drink, what ever. Kids & dogs welcome...

Look for a dark gray full sized Ford F-350 crew-cab with a shell and/or a dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee. We're on the waterfront row at the north end of camp cattycorner to the gray 2-story geodesic dome house. It's a pretty small camp and closer than most to the highway, so we'll be easy to find. Most homeowners in the "South Campos" communicate via VHF Marine Band radio, as cell service can be spotty at times. Channel 69 is the hailing/emergency channel & that's the best way to reach us.

It sounds like you've got a good trip planned. Stop by & say hi if you can. If you can't, have a safe trip & be sure to honk as you go by...

D

Deleted member 37338

Hello, We will be at our place from Christmas to January 7th. We're in Campo Garcia @ KM 39.5 on the road (Mex. Hwy 5) to Puerticitos/Gonzaga Bay. It's about 25 miles south of San Felipe (1/2 way to Puerticitos). All are welcome to stop in & say hi, stretch the legs, pee in a real toilet, have a drink, what ever. Kids & dogs welcome...

Look for a dark gray full sized Ford F-350 crew-cab with a shell and/or a dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee. We're on the waterfront row at the north end of camp cattycorner to the gray 2-story geodesic dome house. It's a pretty small camp and closer than most to the highway, so we'll be easy to find. Most homeowners in the "South Campos" communicate via VHF Marine Band radio, as cell service can be spotty at times. Channel 69 is the hailing/emergency channel & that's the best way to reach us.

It sounds like you've got a good trip planned. Stop by & say hi if you can. If you can't, have a safe trip & be sure to honk as you go by...
Sound good more than likely I will be stopping by. On the 23tH going to Guadalupe Canyon hot water spring on the 24th Mike’s sky ranch and after that San Felipe I only have ham radio 146.460 or cb #16 driving a 1992 Toyota extra cab light brown wave if you see me aroind and around. Take care and be safe

Attachments