Looking for more vehicles for Baja after Christmas

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Juan Galindo

Rank I

Contributor I

Madera, CA
Member #

So we have December 27 to January 5 right? So let’s get a little more specific on dates of stays at each camp locations.
I’m interested in doing this

Reactions: Stickman

justafish

Rank I

Contributor I

Oceanside, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Hey guys, very interested. Will keep checking in for more details but I should be able to make it work with my schedule. Excited to meet some of you guys.

MMc

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Southern Califoria
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

im just watching this thread because my rig wont be ready by then but this trip looks awesome
You could do this with a stock vehicle and a ground tent all day long. There will be others to help you out. I did something like this trip with my wife a 2 wheel drive little truck in the 90s. The road south of Puertecitos to Chapala was famous for how bad it was. You should go!!!

Reactions: KennethC

Stickman

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN4FBH
We are bowing out. Headed to Key West instead. Regrets. Maybe next winter...

gummybear

Rank 0

Contributor II

Gardnerville, NV, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Hall
You could do this with a stock vehicle and a ground tent all day long. There will be others to help you out. I did something like this trip with my wife a 2 wheel drive little truck in the 90s. The road south of Puertecitos to Chapala was famous for how bad it was. You should go!!!
Ill keep that in mind and keep you updated, I'm leaning towards going that would be a lot of fun

KennethC

Rank II

Advocate II

Calexico, CA
First Name
Kennth
Last Name
Claverie
I will throw this out there for discussion.
12/27 meet in San Felipe. I will offer that everyone involved can stay at my wife’s camp north of town. The only fee would be for the water. The camp has cabanas and flush toilets. https://m.facebook.com/ValerieCantu.H/
12/28 one more night in San Felipe. There is fishing to do or explore he surrounding area.
12/29. Head for Bahia de Los Angeles, stoping at Puertecitos and Gonzaga along the way.
12/30 another day in LA Bay. I could spend a week there easy.
12/31 Either head for Guerra Negro or San Fransicito bay. The road to San Fransicito bay is on the Baja 1000 race route and can be pretty rough. One can make a big loop and end up South East of Guerra Negro on Hwy 1. And then come through San Borja on the way back or head up Hwy 1 to San Quintin or Ensanada and go back into the USA at Tecate. After wine tasting in Guadalupe Valley.
Just my thoughts and to get something on paper so we can discuss.
Ken

monark192

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Ken - thanks for offering your wife's camp. Does she allow dogs?

We have more time than your suggested itinerary so will maybe camp a night or two at Gonzaga Bay - Rancho Grande maybe?

From there, two or three nights at Bahia de Los Angeles - maybe Archelon Camp. Time to explore the area including Bahia de las animas.

One night Mission San Borja

Last night at Guadalupe Canyon Oasis before crossing back Sunday morning at Tecate.

I'm happy to avoid any of the Baja race course routes - they just become endless whoops and ruts and can be pretty miserable to drive on.