Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

If you haven't addressed this yet there is a BF Goodrich dealer on the left as you head into town. Ask there, they'll know where to send you.
I just asked a friend that lives there but he might be out of town.
There is a great taco stand in town, its the truck that has a grey whale wrap on the right side.
I'm in Guerro Negro and I just picked up on a clunking noise coming from the driver side suspension. Is anybody familiar with the area to recommend a mechanic?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

My friend's wife got back to me. Ask For Chepe 615 157 0337 or go to The Hotel Oasis ask for Luis, he can help too. Say Shari from Asuncion ask them to help.

Last edited:

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
12/31: stopped by Coco’s Corner. Briefly met @DanielSchupp before heading off to Bahia de Los Angeles. Gave a stranded local my 2G of gasoline. Found camp at Las Animas (Lost my rear license plate along the way) and spent the New Year Eve there. We met some cool overland guys at Las Animas; two 1966 Land Rovers and a 1971 Land Rover (right hand drive) with original power train.

IMG_8715.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

View attachment 133262

Last edited:
Reactions: KennethC

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
1/1: Feliz Años Nuevos.
We found our license plate on the dirt road coming out of Las Animas; some Good Samaritan propped it on the side of the trail. Started to hear some clanking, turned out to be a loose upper control arm bolt; quick fix.
Back in San Felipe Pete’s Camp. Tomorrow we plan to head to Cañon de Guadalupe before heading back across the border on 1/3.

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_8771.JPG

Reactions: MMc and KennethC

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
1/1: Feliz Años Nuevos.
We found our license plate on the dirt road coming out of Las Animas; some Good Samaritan propped it on the side of the trail. Started to hear some clanking, turned out to be a loose upper control arm bolt; quick fix.
Back in San Felipe Pete’s Camp. Tomorrow we plan to head to Cañon de Guadalupe before heading back across the border on 1/3.

View attachment 133260

View attachment 133261
Have a blast at Guadalupe such a relaxing place !

Reactions: 06tacodude

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Hey Chris,

Thanks for stopping by on your way south & thanks for the bottle of wine, which went perfectly with our New Years eve dinner...It was great to get to meet you & the family. By the way, how did you manage to get your daughter and my wife to make the same face for the photo? You've definitely got a future Ironman on your hands :tonguewink:

We're glad to see that you guys got to hit all the places you mentioned wanting to visit with only minimal issues. Hopefully, you got some of the same great weather we've had here the last couple of days. Did you make it to CowPatty for lunch? The hot springs will be a nice way to round out your trip before heading home.

Have a safe rest of your trip...

Mulli - Jax

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Mulligan
Member #

anyone interested in planning a Baja trip for after Christmas?
Although this thread was posted a while ago....I am interested in heading down to CABO, actually more interested in hitting the beaches and small towns on the way down. My timing is flexible......it will be me and my dog JAX. We are in SOCAL....RSM.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Although this thread was posted a while ago....I am interested in heading down to CABO, actually more interested in hitting the beaches and small towns on the way down. My timing is flexible......it will be me and my dog JAX. We are in SOCAL....RSM.
Hello Steve,

We are in RSM as well... If you can wait until next spring, we will be planning a trip to Cabo. Our goal is to take our time and beach camp as much as possible on the way down.

Mulli - Jax

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Mulligan
Member #

Hello Steve,

We are in RSM as well... If you can wait until next spring, we will be planning a trip to Cabo. Our goal is to take our time and beach camp as much as possible on the way down.
Glen,

Good to hear from you. I am flexible on the dates. Right now I have the West Overland Expo booked and adding a couple of days for ZION, so May 14th through the 20th.

Are you thinking Spring of 2020. March or April may be good as it will not be too hot. How long are you thinking, I was thinking 2 weeks or so but am flexible. I have a few things to do on the jeep. Be nice to have a small group of 4 or 5 rigs, if possible. And of course someone that has done the route, but life's not perfect.

Steve

Daniel Shupp

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Castro Valley, CA
Member #

My friend's wife got back to me. Ask For Chepe 615 157 0337 or go to The Hotel Oasis ask for Luis, he can help too. Say Shari from Asuncion ask them to help.
Thank you for all of this, I must have lost reception right before you sent this. Thank you again, what a great help.

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
Hey Chris,

Thanks for stopping by on your way south & thanks for the bottle of wine, which went perfectly with our New Years eve dinner...It was great to get to meet you & the family. By the way, how did you manage to get your daughter and my wife to make the same face for the photo? You've definitely got a future Ironman on your hands :tonguewink:

We're glad to see that you guys got to hit all the places you mentioned wanting to visit with only minimal issues. Hopefully, you got some of the same great weather we've had here the last couple of days. Did you make it to CowPatty for lunch? The hot springs will be a nice way to round out your trip before heading home.

Have a safe rest of your trip...
Hehe it was a perfect smiley [emoji38] group picture.
CowPatty was closed but we took pictures outside.
The Cañon de Guadalupe hot springs was an awesome way to end the trip. 2wd is ok but high clearance definitely required. A Camry and a minivan had to park almost a mile away. It’s smooth gravel roads until you get to the Oasis which had some rocks to navigate.

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_9855.jpg

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_9861.jpg

We arrived back in the Bay Area last night.

D

Deleted member 37338

Hey Glen. If you guys are planning to go down to los Cabos let me know I would like to come along.

Mulli - Jax

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Mulligan
Member #

Hey Glen. If you guys are planning to go down to los Cabos let me know I would like to come along.
Rolando....I have been talking with Glenn as well he trying to figure out his timing.....I am flexible on the dates and would head down as well. I am going to Overland Expo SW in AZ in May, other than that I am pretty flexible. It's me and my dog. If we could get three or four rigs that would be a blast....Steve

D

Deleted member 37338

Rolando....I have been talking with Glenn as well he trying to figure out his timing.....I am flexible on the dates and would head down as well. I am going to Overland Expo SW in AZ in May, other than that I am pretty flexible. It's me and my dog. If we could get three or four rigs that would be a blast....Steve
Hey Steve. Absolutely any one interested can come. For Baja I am ready with in minutes notice. Lol. Let keep in touch and we can plan as time approach. Here is my email if you want it. pintor1985@yahoo.com, also may or April they have the Baja 250 race out of San Felipe nice time to be around. Take care

D

Deleted member 37338

A little tip for everyone. Maintenence doesn't mean check fluid and tire aide pressure. It means check: wheel bearing when apply, belts, bearings including altenator bearing, a/c, idler, tensioners etc. U joints, wheel cylinders breaks front and rear, houses, check for leaks. Etc. you don't won't to break down in baja or any where where is not a big town near by. A rig with a brand new bumper and a winch and a snorkel and some fancy cooking equipment won't warranty that you be back home with no issues. Make your rig Mecanicly sound. I rebuild a 1992 Toyota 4x4 bumper to bumper, need or not it was replace. I drove all the way down to the State of Chiapas right before the border with Guatemala from Lake County Ca. Zero issues, and about 4 times to Baja.also I Carrie a good amount of tool and spare parts may be I won't need them but may be somebody will along the road. Keep in touch