• HTML tutorial

John Yoder

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Woodstock, GA
Member #

Hello Overlander's,
My name is John Yoder and I am looking for a new job state side for when I come home from Afghanistan. I have spent the last five years over there on a Personal Security Detail/ Combat Medic for the Diplomats that work at the US Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. I will be coming home mid December of this year and I would like to work in the off-road/ expedition type market. I am open to whatever there is available and I am willing to travel. I have experience in high angle and rope rescue, climbing, hiking, camping, kayaking, land navigation, and many other usefully skills. I have a lot of knowledge/ training and experience in surviving in harsh environments. I also have had extensive medical training that would be a great addition to any expedition. I am a hard working and motived individual that thrives in a team base environment and doing whatever it takes to complete the mission or task at hand. I love the outdoors and being with people that are passionate about it. Finding a job that would allow me to work and use my skills in the outdoors would be a dream come true for me. I am ready to come home and live a peaceful life.
If you think that I would be a good fit for something you might have, please respond to this conversation or email me at johnryoder@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for taking the time to read this message and have a blessed day!

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
Surprised at the lack of response here ! First, thanks for your service. I think if you plan on hitting up the outdoor vendor community you will get a better response. Those are the folks who will understand and may be willing to use your experience. Events like Overland Expo, west and east would be a good place for you to make contacts. The outdoor spots like Moab, Ut. Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana would be areas to look at. Good luck !

John Yoder

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Woodstock, GA
Member #

Surprised at the lack of response here ! First, thanks for your service. I think if you plan on hitting up the outdoor vendor community you will get a better response. Those are the folks who will understand and may be willing to use your experience. Events like Overland Expo, west and east would be a good place for you to make contacts. The outdoor spots like Moab, Ut. Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana would be areas to look at. Good luck !
Thank You for your kind words and good advice! I will make sure to hit up those areas. I too was kind of surprised of the lack of response to my thread! I guess that people don't like to be reminded that there are still old war fighters like me around that would like to come home and provide a service to society.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: buckwilk