First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
See post #69
Ops I missed it because you spelled it Spruben. I didn't catch that, I thought it was a misspell. Glad you like um too, you beat me to the punch on that one.
I miss my Boston's. I had two sisters from an only litter of the mother dog. I had bought them for my wife after she had lung cancer surgery. One became her lap dog, the other mine. She passed away in 2012 ( nothing to do with cancer) leaving me with both dogs wanting attention. Last year both of my girls died just 6 months apart. They were 14 years old at the time. I have never been without a dog since I was a boy 4 years old. I'm 84 now and will not get another dog even though I want one. Boston's are the best of all breeds IMO and are the most loyal and loving of all. They constantly entertain you with their antics.
Lanlubber

Reactions: grubworm

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Ops I missed it because you spelled it Spruben. I didn't catch that, I thought it was a misspell. Glad you like um too, you beat me to the punch on that one.
I miss my Boston's. I had two sisters from an only litter of the mother dog. I had bought them for my wife after she had lung cancer surgery. One became her lap dog, the other mine. She passed away in 2012 ( nothing to do with cancer) leaving me with both dogs wanting attention. Last year both of my girls died just 6 months apart. They were 14 years old at the time. I have never been without a dog since I was a boy 4 years old. I'm 84 now and will not get another dog even though I want one. Boston's are the best of all breeds IMO and are the most loyal and loving of all. They constantly entertain you with their antics.
Lanlubber
Get another pup. Life's too short to not be with someone that cares for you unconditionally.

Spam Ruben's are excellent!

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
VICTORY!

the wife (redhead) had forbidden SPAM a while back based on...well...whatever women base stuff on...so i've just been quiet and waiting
anyway, we were shopping yesterday and she sees a canned ham and commented on how she remembers eating that as a kid and gets it. BINGO! I swooped on the ingredients of that canned ham like a hawk. after making my scientific comparison, i was then able to galliantly place a can of SPAM in the cart and proceed to the check out with my head held high.

now im not advocating that women can be reasoned with, but I am saying that they sure can't be argued with...

pnwcruiser

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Swartz
Member #

Aloha Shoyu, SPAM (I prefer the Hot & Spicy with Tabasco SPAM), rice, egg over easy or scrambled.

Get a pot of rice going, use the one knuckle method to make perfect rice.

Slice up the SPAM into 1/4" slices, fry it up with the shoyu until it's got a nice crispy outside on both sides.

Fry up some eggs over easy or scrambled.

Make some coffee.

Enjoy as a nice breakfast.

Reactions: Shamu

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VICTORY!

the wife (redhead) had forbidden SPAM a while back based on...well...whatever women base stuff on...so i've just been quiet and waiting
anyway, we were shopping yesterday and she sees a canned ham and commented on how she remembers eating that as a kid and gets it. BINGO! I swooped on the ingredients of that canned ham like a hawk. after making my scientific comparison, i was then able to galliantly place a can of SPAM in the cart and proceed to the check out with my head held high.

now im not advocating that women can be reasoned with, but I am saying that they sure can't be argued with...
You know it's got to be good when your chickens fight over it. :tonguewink:

Haminacan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

We have thought many times about getting Spam, the very high salt content is the only thing keeping us away. My wife has high blood pressure.

Haminacan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

My Dad is from Minnesota, near the Hormel headquarters. We did not need to eat spam when I was little, but did it because Dad grew up eating it. I do not have any bad memories of it. It also played a big part in feeding soldiers in WWII. There are lots of videos about it, but I can't find the one I was looking for. FYI there is a Spam museum.
SPAM® Museum in Minnesota | SPAM® Brand

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Feed my LRD2 some spam for breakfast and she is raring to go get her new roof rack in Albuquerque. It'll be fast and fun drive over the Black range mountain heading toward T or C , NM.

Reactions: grubworm and Shamu

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Feed my LRD2 some spam for breakfast and she is raring to go get her new roof rack in Albuquerque. It'll be fast and fun drive over the Black range mountain heading toward T or C , NM.
SPAM can work wonders! :)
We were out west a few months ago and spent the night in Silver City and took 152 east...really nice area.