First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
SPAM can work wonders! :)
We were out west a few months ago and spent the night in Silver City and took 152 east...really nice area.
Dang it Grubworm, if you went out 152 east you passed by house by less than a mile !
I live in the area called Mimbres Valley next to the tiny Mexican town of Esperanza as you crossed the Mimbres river. How did you like the drive through the Black range mountain on your way to Hillsboro. You passed a few forest roads that take you deep into the mountains to the north of hwy 152. We had a bad forest fire in that mountain range in 2014, it wiped out much of the beauty on that road from the top east, north and south. Sorry we weren't connected at the time you were here. We could have shared a couple of cans of spam and eggs.
Lanlubber Jim

Reactions: grubworm

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I always have a can of spam in the cupboard. I keep it in the back. I use it as a reminder. When it becomes visible I know it's time to go shopping.
I always have a can of spam in the cupboard. I keep it in the back. I use it as a reminder. When it becomes visible I know it's time to go shopping.
I have to agree with Grubworm, but one lonely can will never do !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
One lonely can is one to many!
Your just not hungry enough ! During the 1940's I remember living on cheese, saltine crackers and spam for days at a time. Food was rationed then and dad was self employeed before being drafted into the Navy. A good meal back then was penut butter and jelly 30 times a day. For years I couldn't look at any of them without getting sick. Then again in the 50's I got hooked on spam again because it was the cheaper ham and the family was growing. I love the stuff as long as it is cooked (fried) in butter and well browned. Cheers

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Dang it Grubworm, if you went out 152 east you passed by house by less than a mile !
I live in the area called Mimbres Valley next to the tiny Mexican town of Esperanza as you crossed the Mimbres river. How did you like the drive through the Black range mountain on your way to Hillsboro. You passed a few forest roads that take you deep into the mountains to the north of hwy 152. We had a bad forest fire in that mountain range in 2014, it wiped out much of the beauty on that road from the top east, north and south. Sorry we weren't connected at the time you were here. We could have shared a couple of cans of spam and eggs.
Lanlubber Jim
The area looked like a good place for some camping. I did see several of the forest roads and definitely plan on going back to explore. I hadn't been thru that area since the 70's...as a kid I lived in Phoenix, Silver City, and then Safford AZ and then west TX. The last 25 yrs or so, we have been going up to Taos and Red River or out by Farminton to hit Durango, so I had forgotten how nice that area is. We'll go back out that way in the fall so I will have to take you up on the SPAM offer!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The area looked like a good place for some camping. I did see several of the forest roads and definitely plan on going back to explore. I hadn't been thru that area since the 70's...as a kid I lived in Phoenix, Silver City, and then Safford AZ and then west TX. The last 25 yrs or so, we have been going up to Taos and Red River or out by Farminton to hit Durango, so I had forgotten how nice that area is. We'll go back out that way in the fall so I will have to take you up on the SPAM offer!
I'll hold you to it my Friend.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Then theres this. I think the train is too far down the track on this rollout. Looks like I beat Grubworm too on this:View attachment 113302

Early bird gets the worm....huh :astonished:

I will stick to the more traditional...thx anyway.
already very familiar with Pumpkin SPAM.... :)

th.jpg