Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
A proper SPAM load out for any trip...

View attachment 101966
12 flavors now, WOW it has been a many months since I last looked. I have tried......Bacon, Black Pepper, Jalapeno, and of course the Original. I might have tried the HOT AND SPICY...not sure, but nothing a Bottle of TABASCO wouldn't fix:hearteyes:

Reactions: grubworm

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Can you pass the tree bark? Guess you can eat any kind of tacos with enough hot sauce
No way.........REALLY.....

WHYYYYYY...... Sacrilege I say, sacrilege.

[emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30]

Tree Bark.....Hot sauce...needed for sure, ......for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roam_CO85

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
A niche market item for sure. If I was in the boardroom, I would be thinking...NEW COKE And that fiasco. Such a low volume item I would think.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Dude I Really hope that vegan spam is a joke, could be funny in a salt lick straight fell out of it however. I mean, Vegan Spam, its so screwed up that not even the pull tab is correct for Spam.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Amazon has this for $11 Stock up now!

71bvUDsOjFL._SY679_.jpg

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Amazon has this for $11 Stock up now!

View attachment 104936
Just when you think you have seen it all, it all goes sideways once again. If VEGAN was headed down the Twilight Zone Path, these Macadamia Nuts have made sure the can is kicked that much further.

Chocolate is one thing, this, mmm....., I will pass on them, thank you. [emoji30]

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Just when you think you have seen it all, it all goes sideways once again. If VEGAN was headed down the Twilight Zone Path, these Macadamia Nuts have made sure the can is kicked that much further.

Chocolate is one thing, this, mmm....., I will pass on them, thank you. [emoji30]
One can only imagine what kind of chemicals must be involved to create "Spam Brand Flavoring", as listed on the ingredients... :neutral:

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Saw a wyoming license plate yesterday was a custom plate... just had four letters....SPAM....
Wyoming plate? More a plate from California, as it would/could apply to either....Food or Silicon Valley.

Either applies in this case[emoji2] as a food item...strange tastes for strange. ...Food.
Or for a computer geeks sense of job performance.

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Wyoming plate? More a plate from California, as it would/could apply to either....Food or Silicon Valley.

Either applies in this case[emoji2] as a food item...strange tastes for strange. ...Food.
Or for a computer geeks sense of job performance.

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
Ps....the vegan and nut side of this thread...

Reactions: Viking1204

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

Ok... After reading through all this, I had to go out (to Amazon) and order up some more SPAM (I think we have a few "originals" in the pantry already).

• Jalapeno
  • Hot n Spicy
  • Bacon
  • Portuguese
  • 24 pack of the individual serving ones
Really interested in trying the SPAM Reuben!! The reuben is my favorite sammie of all time, so incorporating SPAM out on the trail is a no-brainer!! Sauerkraut can stay refrigerated for a LONG time (I actually make my own occasionally and it ferments on my counter for about a month) Bread hates refrigeration, and I can pick up 1000 Island packets at the local deli!!

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!!

Oh, and here is one of my own...

SPAM & Kimchi fried rice!!
Fried rice is always better with cold leftover rice, so that is easy to pack in advance. Kimchi is fermented, so it will last a long time, and the SPAM is shelf stable. Just need an egg or two.
I've spent countless hours sitting at the "bar" of my local vietnamese place and I've seen them make fried rice about 1000 times. Here is the technique

Directions:
Dice up your SPAM (or meat of choice) and fry in a skillet till nice and golden brown
Add in your eggs and scramble
Add in your cold rice and stir
Dice up the Kimchi (or scallions, or frozen veg) and throw that in towards the end
Maybe add a small amount of Soy, let it sit a little to crisp up the rice on the bottom and you are DONE!!

Last edited:

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Ok... After reading through all this, I had to go out (to Amazon) and order up some more SPAM (I think we have a few "originals" in the pantry already).

• Jalapeno
  • Hot n Spicy
  • Bacon
  • Portuguese
  • 24 pack of the individual serving ones
Really interested in trying the SPAM Reuben!! The reuben is my favorite sammie of all time, so incorporating SPAM out on the trail is a no-brainer!! Sauerkraut can stay refrigerated for a LONG time (I actually make my own occasionally and it ferments on my counter for about a month) Bread hates refrigeration, and I can pick up 1000 Island packets at the local deli!!

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!!

Oh, and here is one of my own...

SPAM & Kimchi fried rice!!
Fried rice is always better with cold leftover rice, so that is easy to pack in advance. Kimchi is fermented, so it will last a long time, and the SPAM is shelf stable. Just need an egg or two.
I've spent countless hours sitting at the "bar" of my local vietnamese place and I've seen them make fried rice about 1000 times. Here is the technique

Directions:
Dice up your SPAM (or meat of choice) and fry in a skillet till nice and golden brown
Add in your eggs and scramble
Add in your cold rice and stir
Dice up the Kimchi (or scallions, or frozen veg) and throw that in towards the end
Maybe add a small amount of Soy, let it sit a little to crisp up the rice on the bottom and you are DONE!!
I loves me some Kimchi, gonna give this recipe a try.

Reactions: grubworm