Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
When I'm not eating SPAM, I'm thinking about SPAM...

View attachment 97084

Ha Ha. Well, I think I'm spamed-out on this thread now....might have to move on to the second perfect food...CHEEZ-ITs!
I'm sure your not the only one, but this thread thread has become a place to have a little fun, along with the real culinary side of it. So far we have had artists, a kitchen masterpiece, a cartoon icon, and advertiser's.
Who knows what is next[emoji7]

Reactions: grubworm

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Now that we know how you feel, which type has become your favorite? Tell me you hum the MONTE PYTHON lyrics skit as your cooking it:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:. Your not Hawaiian are you? They Love Spam just in front of soy sauce on everything. I once worked with a guy who bought a tin jug every 2 weeks (gallon size).
Haha,
This is great! My best friend in high school was from Hawaii, I guess more Spam is eaten in Hawaii than all other states combined! My best friend now will not go camping without a can of Spam! Me, no thank’s! Vance.

Reactions: Desert Runner

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Ill just leave this here, I really do like SPAM and the old infomercial with the Rugg family is a great reminder of the good old times.... FYI only the original SPAM has true 6 ingredients, the rest all have many more including mechanically separated chicken, which I really do not have an issue with.

dawson06

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

SoCal
First Name
James
Last Name
Dawson
Member #

I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
Grew up poor. Fried Spam was a breakfast staple. Forgot about it until a trip to Hawaii about 10 years ago, and now I am addicted to Spam musubi!