Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

My favorite is the Spreuben, a reuben made with spam.

Thick cut Spam, fried
Sauerkraut
Swiss cheese
Thousand Island dressing
Rye bread

Fry up the spam then put it all together on the bread and grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Mmmmmmmmm goodness
Live for reuben sandwiches its hard to find a good one unless you make your own! Spam makes a good one!

Reactions: grubworm

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Anyone ever done the ultimate eggslut breakfast sandwich? Converted many a spamaphobs to liking this canned meat. Take a quad bun size of king Hawaiian rolls cut them down the middle to make a bun, toast, then top with a few slices of fried spam, a pair of marbleized eggs with green onions and sriracha hot sauce. Should have mayo mixed with it but I hate mayo....

Watch it made from the eggslut owner as well.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
giphy.gif

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
My favorite is the Spreuben, a reuben made with spam.

Thick cut Spam, fried
Sauerkraut
Swiss cheese
Thousand Island dressing
Rye bread

Fry up the spam then put it all together on the bread and grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Mmmmmmmmm goodness
That sounds amazing. :hearteyes:

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
I grew up on a Spam knock-off called Treet. Anyone else ever had that?

I had no idea until many years later that it was the actual name of the product. I just always thought my mom was making a special "treat", which it was.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I grew up on a Spam knock-off called Treet. Anyone else ever had that?

I had no idea until many years later that it was the actual name of the product. I just always thought my mom was making a special "treat", which it was.
You can see in the picture below by the pull ring placement that TREET is for left handed people and SPAM is for right handed people....Lefties always get the short end of things...

th (1).jpg

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
You can see in the picture below by the pull ring placement that TREET is for left handed people and SPAM is for right handed people....Lefties always get the short end of things...

View attachment 101290
Now that TREET has been brought up, I remember trying it many, many, years ago, and thinking that it was a cheap knockoff of SPAM, and not as good as the.... for me....known brand.

I would guess that is what sauces and condiment choices are for.[emoji41] [emoji30] [emoji2] [emoji7]

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Now that TREET has been brought up, I remember trying it many, many, years ago, and thinking that it was a cheap knockoff of SPAM, and not as good as the.... for me....known brand.

I would guess that is what sauces and condiment choices are for.[emoji41] [emoji30] [emoji2] [emoji7]
No doubt, it's definitely a different taste and texture. To me, Treet is more similar to bologna.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I think the stuff that we ate when we were all young all were like really! Growing up with little to no money. We ate alot of spam and roman noodles. Hobo dinners were a huge treat. But bologna and stuff like that. I hated as a kid, i crave it now adays. Had a spam sandwich Monday.. was good but man its been a few years but forgot about that sodium intake damn!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Grubworm, I like fried bologna also. I didn't like it when I was a kid though.
Fried bologna by itself....NO

In a grilled cheese sandwich....YES

For an additional snap,...a little hot sauce or chilpote for a dip on the side along with a thin sliced tomato in the melted cheese.

YUM, YUM.[emoji7]
  • EDIT:
Ok, i just have to,.......with a name handle like grubworm, Food threads just beg for a response.....:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Last edited:
Reactions: grubworm