Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I would also keep in mind at that level of lift you'll be right at the border of driveshaft mods. I don't see a shaft in the parts list, & if by chance you don't limit out the front shaft altogether you will need to remove the nearby crossmember that it will most likely run into during suspension droop. The inclusion of caster corrected arms is a nice touch though! Your pinion angles will appreciate that.

Not sure about the availability of it in your neck of the woods, but for what it's worth my 4" lift from Lucky8 went on quite nicely.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
I am anticipating needing to make new driveshafts and longer braided brake lines, so not a big deal. Thank you for the feedback!

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I'm contemplating fitting cargo racking above and below one of the rear side windows of my Defender 90 to mount my sand tracks. I'm just a bit concerned with drilling so many holes in order to fit the tracks. how do I make sure that I don't drill into something I shouldn't?

in addition I fancy fitting a gull wing window into the other side of the vehicle. my 90 is a Puma variant, does anyone know of any issues or will it fit easily?

Squaretyre

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

I'm contemplating fitting cargo racking above and below one of the rear side windows of my Defender 90 to mount my sand tracks. I'm just a bit concerned with drilling so many holes in order to fit the tracks. how do I make sure that I don't drill into something I shouldn't?

in addition I fancy fitting a gull wing window into the other side of the vehicle. my 90 is a Puma variant, does anyone know of any issues or will it fit easily?
I'm thinking you must be running with a non-NAS D90, I'm a bit jealous. Here in the states fiberglass hard tops were our predominant option and would never hold up to any sort of optional fitting. Custom roof racks with side mount options are the only form of mountings I've seen. Best of luck

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I'm thinking you must be running with a non-NAS D90, I'm a bit jealous. Here in the states fiberglass hard tops were our predominant option and would never hold up to any sort of optional fitting. Custom roof racks with side mount options are the only form of mountings I've seen. Best of luck

I think we have crossed wires. I've attached a stock photo which hopefully clarifies what I mean.

DSCF4468_2.JPG.jpg

Squaretyre

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

I think we have crossed wires. I've attached a stock photo which hopefully clarifies what I mean.

View attachment 93206
If your top is metal, I dont see why that wouldnt work. Those fastener bars would allow for a variety of mounting options. I've seen quite a few sliding rear windows w screens, not so many pop outs, again though, predominantly of the fiberglass type tops though.

With softop on here but I have to adapt all to roof rack.20161009_145312.jpeg

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

If your top is metal, I dont see why that wouldnt work. Those fastener bars would allow for a variety of mounting options. I've seen quite a few sliding rear windows w screens, not so many pop outs, again though, predominantly of the fiberglass type tops though.

With softop on here but I have to adapt all to roof rack.View attachment 93207
Is this your "rig"?

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
IMG_7026.JPG

I used to worry about drilling and bolting stuff on but ultimately arrived at the conclusion I’m building it to use it not sell it and on our travels it’s our home and needs to be able to hold up to everything that is thrown at it.

Keith if you going the luggage rail route just make sure you put a strengthening plate in the back side as from experience the holes on aluminium tend to grow with weight and vibration.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

View attachment 93209

I used to worry about drilling and bolting stuff on but ultimately arrived at the conclusion I’m building it to use it not sell it and on our travels it’s our home and needs to be able to hold up to everything that is thrown at it.

Keith if you going the luggage rail route just make sure you put a strengthening plate in the back side as from experience the holes on aluminium tend to grow with weight and vibration.
ah that's a issue I hadn't considered. That's why you're our illustrious leader!

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
My rig is a 2006 LR3 SE. First Landie, came from a decade and a half of jeeps. And I love my Rover, though it does not compare at all to anyone else on here. Kinda of embarrassing honestly, LOL. But it will get there sure enough. In time!
Ill post up some picks when I can.

Reactions: TRED LYT

TOUGE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

After my LR3 was destroyed by a high driver a few months ago, I finally have the parts moved over to my new 2012 LR4. Only Option is the HD Package.

Just did the Sierras rally and it performed extremely well, the traction control is way more active than my LR3 and didn't throw a single code! Which makes me sorta worried hahaha.

disco4_1.jpg