First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Love the colors!
Thank you! We call it the creamsicle and Joel calls it his dreamsicle :) We love the two tone paint and will likely repaint the same. Existing paint job was not "professionally" done ;)

For instance
7DEF0BB2-065C-4459-87B3-B4394A8AE01F_1_105_c.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving all!

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
For some reason the Drop Box folder for this trip is empty. Any ideas where the pictures all went?

2020 WABDR OB

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
For some reason the Drop Box folder for this trip is empty. Any ideas where the pictures all went?

2020 WABDR OB
Are you referring to the folder under my DropBox account? Went back a few pages in this thread til I got to pre-trip and did not see any links posted. In either case I have no idea, have not touched it. let me know if you got the Dropbox invite from me, and if so, I’ll take a look.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
It seems like I had it at one time, as I was looking through it after the trip. My DropBox account says the 2020 WABDR OB file is empty.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
It seems like I had it at one time, as I was looking through it after the trip. My DropBox account says the 2020 WABDR OB file is empty.
Put my pictures and video clips into the DropBox folder. @armyRN give it a try now.
Anybody else have pics/vids to contribute?

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
I can see the pictures you put in there. Thanks!

I don't know why all the pictures that were in there before suddenly disappeared.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I can see the pictures you put in there. Thanks!

I don't know why all the pictures that were in there before suddenly disappeared.
I don‘t know either, I don’t recall deleting them, I would have removed the folder they are in as well. Oh well, as long as you got what you wanted then all is good. These are only my pics/etc. - if anybody else has some please feel free do put them on the Dropbox or let me know and I will.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Looks like tickets just went on sale for the 2022 Northwest Overland Rally. NWOR in Plain Washington Jun 16-19. Home I figured I would post this here as this was the reason for this trip in the first place.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
I've been to the last two NWORs that were held outside of Leavenworth. Had a blast! Awesome venue, great classes, and the evening campfire event and raffle was always fun. And lots of vendors more than willing to sell you stuff. You can't go wrong. I highly recommend all PNW overlanders attend at least once.

It was fun just walking around and checking out everyone else's set-up. You'll see simple to elaborate.

It was very well run and organized. Check-in was a little long though - get there early.

Camping is pretty snug - sites aren't that large (think set-up like a parking lot with lines on the ground). Think about spending the extra money and get two sites - thank me later. Think about how big a footprint you need to be comfortable for your vehicle and your camp set-up. One spot is 20' x 20' (I think they were narrower the times I went). The last time I went (2019) I took my wife, so I had to spread out a little bit with two sites (one for the truck and trailer - the other one for the tent). In the picture below the truck is missing (there's the trailer though) - that must have been the day my wife drove the truck into Leavenworth to explore & shop for the day.

overland rally 2019 (2).jpg

There aren't a lot of food for-sale options on site (at least the two times I went) - plan on bringing your own food for the duration just-in-case.

And they're serious about no flying drones on site.

The following weekend (23 - 26 June) the same event organizers are having another Overlanding Rally in BC:

Link: BC Overland Rally | Overland Adventure Rallies - Have Fun, Make Friends, Learn Stuff

I'd like to go to both (no real reason I can't...) but since I've been to the NWOR twice, if I can only attend one, it'll probably be the BC one just for a change of pace. We'll see.

Malifestro

Rank I
Investor

Traveler I

Tigard, OR, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
McAllen
Member #

Hey guys. I am considering doing this trip this month, but only sections 1-3. Do you need to carry extra fuel for the sections? I saw a number of you carry them, but is it actually needed?

Great video @Ubiety I really appreciate you taking the time to share that.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Hey guys. I am considering doing this trip this month, but only sections 1-3. Do you need to carry extra fuel for the sections? I saw a number of you carry them, but is it actually needed?

Probably not, but I just like to be prepared just-in-case. My Jeep TJ doesn't have the greatest range.

I just finished the Idaho BDR. Another awesome trip!

Malifestro

Rank I
Investor

Traveler I

Tigard, OR, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
McAllen
Member #

Probably not, but I just like to be prepared just-in-case. My Jeep TJ doesn't have the greatest range.

I just finished the Idaho BDR. Another awesome trip!
That is good to hear. A friend and I are planning to run this and it will be the first time we do something like this.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

There are currently some fires below Ellensburgh (Cow Canyon fire) and I have heard parts of the route are closed. Keep an eye on it!
Ellensburgh is upper right, Cow Canyon fire is red blob. There are also some fires to the South and North of this.
1660298947682.png

My truck averages around 15mpg with a total range ~300 miles per tank. At no time between Stevenson and Ellensburgh did I even get close to dumping my extra gas in. That said I will continue to carry extra gas because you never know... I stayed in 2WD most of the time because that gives me a better turning radius; probably could have done 99% of the those sections in 2WD.

Thanks on the video! I have a metric poop ton of media collected for the trip that we just did and plan on making another. We are currently trying to get our acts together and go finish the route (Cashmere to Nighthawk) and will do the same for that. Glad you enjoyed it! Been a busy summer and trying to take advantage of this weird weather where it is warm outside and no water is falling from the sky ;)

We detoured on the first day and visited Panther Creek Falls - totally worth it and gave an awesome break from the heat. This route takes you NW near the beginning of the WABDR and after the falls E towards Guler Ice Caves (another cool stop - pun intended) ;)

View attachment IMG_6989.MOV

• Love
Reactions: Malifestro