Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Bilbo,
Are you going to set up a second group yet? I know your original trip was the first 3 sections of the WABDR. I will be running the route from the border of Oregon and Washington, through to Washington and Canada. Taking time off for those wanting to attend NWOR. Then head on and do the remaining sections to the Canadian border. Vance.
At this point because I did not buy tickets yet and I am not sure there will be a NWOR or very many vendors if there is one, I think I would in for doing the full BDR. I have done the first 3-4 sections, but never the whole thing. I have warned my wife that this may be the plan. I am flexible and still willing to do NWOR if it looks like it will be on at 100%, but open to options.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
At this point because I did not buy tickets yet and I am not sure there will be a NWOR or very many vendors if there is one, I think I would in for doing the full BDR. I have done the first 3-4 sections, but never the whole thing. I have warned my wife that this may be the plan. I am flexible and still willing to do NWOR if it looks like it will be on at 100%, but open to options.
Same boat... I am thinking of skipping the Rally... I would rather explore.

Reactions: Ubiety

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Again, my offer is good to go and stay at my place if some want to attend NWOR and some want another free option. By Highway it is about 40 minutes to Wenatchee. So if some want to go to NWOR, then okay, and the rest could come up to my place. Then on Sunday we could meet up in Cashmere about an hour away by Highway and continue North as a group on the WABDR. Vance.

Reactions: Ubiety and Bilbo

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Again, my offer is good to go and stay at my place if some want to attend NWOR and some want another free option. By Highway it is about 40 minutes to Wenatchee. So if some want to go to NWOR, then okay, and the rest could come up to my place. Then on Sunday we could meet up in Cashmere about an hour away by Highway and continue North as a group on the WABDR. Vance.
For me its an either/or situation. I have to be back at work on Monday, so I either go to NWOR or do the rest of the BDR. At this point I am thinking it will be the rest of the BDR.

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
Bilbo,
Are you going to set up a second group yet? I know your original trip was the first 3 sections of the WABDR. I will be running the route from the border of Oregon and Washington, through to Washington and Canada. Taking time off for those wanting to attend NWOR. Then head on and do the remaining sections to the Canadian border. Vance.
Hey Vance, sorry for the slow reply. I am highly distracted these days...

Were you thinking of a second group for the last 3 stages of the BDR?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

You are getting a huge response... we are wondering if you were going to break down into more groups... there is more interest to run the BDR than members wanting to do the rally.

Reactions: RainGoat and Ubiety

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Do we have a count on the number of people wanting to do the whole BDR? I think it would be good to get a solid count. Also, with this Covid-19 thing and the closing of "Developed" camp sites in the National Forests, we may need to think about how we can stick to the guidelines and still make this happen.
We can all travel together, but thinking when it is time to camp, we need to break into smaller groups and keep the numbers below 10 people. Then, when we do camp try to respect each-others space needs.
I really want this to happen and I am willing to make changes to keep this trip on the books.
With everything happening my company is pushing off equipment installs and repairs till this crisis is over and we are allowed to fly again. I normally fly every week somewhere. So, now there is a waiting list and when this passes we are going to be maxed out with work and getting time off will be very difficult. I may only get this one trip this year. I am sure there are others of you that are in the same boat where vacation time later in the year may be hard to get.

Reactions: RainGoat and Ubiety

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bilbo,
Just opening the options up and my plan is to do the whole WABDR. My thought is that NWOR is going to be a bust. Our Washington Governor Just today is extended the lockdown through May 4. My guess is many now at the last minute will end up not being able to do the trip as planned because they will (hopefully) be called back to work by then and used up all their vacation time off and even sick days! Bilbo, I really did not mean to derail your thread! If legal to do so, I will be attending your planned trip of the first half of the WABDR. I will continue on and do the rest of the sections to the Canadian border and any that would like to do so with me are welcome. If you want me to start a Trip Rally Point I can do so. From the start I was just opening my offer to have others that could and wanted to continue on with the trip when done with the first sections keep going with me. Vance.

Reactions: Ubiety

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Bilbo,
Just opening the options up and my plan is to do the whole WABDR. My thought is that NWOR is going to be a bust. Our Washington Governor Just today is extended the lockdown through May 4. My guess is many now at the last minute will end up not being able to do the trip as planned because they will (hopefully) be called back to work by then and used up all their vacation time off and even sick days! Bilbo, I really did not mean to derail your thread! If legal to do so, I will be attending your planned trip of the first half of the WABDR. I will continue on and do the rest of the sections to the Canadian border and any that would like to do so with me are welcome. If you want me to start a Trip Rally Point I can do so. From the start I was just opening my offer to have others that could and wanted to continue on with the trip when done with the first sections keep going with me. Vance.
The Rally has been postponed until September 3-6.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Do we have a count on the number of people wanting to do the whole BDR? I think it would be good to get a solid count. Also, with this Covid-19 thing and the closing of "Developed" camp sites in the National Forests, we may need to think about how we can stick to the guidelines and still make this happen.
We can all travel together, but thinking when it is time to camp, we need to break into smaller groups and keep the numbers below 10 people. Then, when we do camp try to respect each-others space needs.
I really want this to happen and I am willing to make changes to keep this trip on the books.
With everything happening my company is pushing off equipment installs and repairs till this crisis is over and we are allowed to fly again. I normally fly every week somewhere. So, now there is a waiting list and when this passes we are going to be maxed out with work and getting time off will be very difficult. I may only get this one trip this year. I am sure there are others of you that are in the same boat where vacation time later in the year may be hard to get.
Contact @Greg Eigsti , he is putting together a list of people that are for sure interested in going. If all goes well and the forests are still open, we will be going.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have been on his list from the beginning
No I meant send him a message and see how many people he has on his list. Or @Greg Eigsti can you post a rough number of people interested in this trip. I think it’s time to start putting the logistics together for the run.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I apologize, alerts seem a bit off for me lately and I have not gotten any alerts for this thread :( Busy with work, catching up with thread.

I have been keeping a list of those who want to attend and their comms. If you have not already contacted me please do. Will share list later. Sorry!

@oldmopars - what do you fly/maintain?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
This is the list thus far - sorry for the weird format. This is in a Google sheet and I can share it with you if you desire.

Bilbo
GregEigsti
mtn
SCS
oldmopars
4wheelspulling
Wakebaby1
PNW EXPLR
Happy Buddha
graham253
cevans2021
M Rose

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I apologize, alerts seem a bit off for me lately and I have not gotten any alerts for this thread :( Busy with work, catching up with thread.

I have been keeping a list of those who want to attend and their comms. If you have not already contacted me please do. Will share list later. Sorry!

@oldmopars - what do you fly/maintain?
I work for a company that makes Ultra High Pressure Waterjet cutting systems. I fly into customer locations all around the world to install, maintain and train on the use of these waterjet systems.