Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

This is a GPX file for our trip. We are all meeting at Boojum Brewing at 2pm Friday. If you have recently RSVP'd please call the Wingray campground and assure they have room for you. I reserved 5 campsites to fit 2 rigs each originally. If we need extra room I'm sure we can work something out with Wingray but it would help if you called ahead of time. Looks to be raining all weekend but trip is still ago. If you have any questions please feel free to text me. My number is on the RP page.
@Maverick9110E send me a text Thursday evening if you want to roll out together. I am going to leave a little early for fuel stops and to get to Boojum first and make sure we have enopugh parking since I have managed to organize this whole thing lol

glade8r

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklinton, NC, USA
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UFU
Just wondering if any other females will be there. I’ll be sharing a campsite with another member but driving my own rig. Just wondered what the group would be like. Also, I drive a Jeep Wrangler 03. With a 2.5 lift on 32’s. This will be my first overland trip. But looking forward to the experience.

My wife is coming and another F that I know of.

Reactions: Bwarning3

Extraterrestrial_GX

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Holly Springs, NC, USA
First Name
Izat
Last Name
Dagher
Member #

Feel free to meet us at boojum brewing in waynesville at 2pm if you'd like, we will be heading to camp at 4pm.
That would be nice, but leaving at that time and it looks like it will be a 4.5 to 5 hour drive from where I am, so that will put me at the brewery around 5:30 pm. I will text you along the way and see where you guys at and meet up with you.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
This is a GPX file for our trip. We are all meeting at Boojum Brewing at 2pm Friday. If you have recently RSVP'd please call the Wingray campground and assure they have room for you. I reserved 5 campsites to fit 2 rigs each originally. If we need extra room I'm sure we can work something out with Wingray but it would help if you called ahead of time. Looks to be raining all weekend but trip is still ago. If you have any questions please feel free to text me. My number is on the RP page.
@Maverick9110E send me a text Thursday evening if you want to roll out together. I am going to leave a little early for fuel stops and to get to Boojum first and make sure we have enopugh parking since I have managed to organize this whole thing lol

I'm down for heading out early and caravanning. I'm a little on the fence though and slightly worried about trashing the truck. Between high centering in the Mudded out ruts or getting in too deep of water (up over the transmission since i haven't extended the breathers). The ruts i can subside because i know we talked about a bit of trail work or stacking some boards. The high water area's worry me a bit though. Although if I'm ever going to do it, I feel like I'd rather do it with this group as i know we'll all help each other through it. I'm still a go, but nervous as hell! LOL

AlphaJD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duggan
Member #

I'm down for heading out early and caravanning. I'm a little on the fence though and slightly worried about trashing the truck. Between high centering in the Mudded out ruts or getting in too deep of water (up over the transmission since i haven't extended the breathers). The ruts i can subside because i know we talked about a bit of trail work or stacking some boards. The high water area's worry me a bit though. Although if I'm ever going to do it, I feel like I'd rather do it with this group as i know we'll all help each other through it. I'm still a go, but nervous as hell! LOL
Nervous here too, but will be glad to work through the obstacles and help everyone w/ the same.

if your breather tubes have the valve caps on them, you should be fine. Just don't shut the vehicle off while in mud or water.

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Nervous here too, but will be glad to work through the obstacles and help everyone w/ the same.

if your breather tubes have the valve caps on them, you should be fine. Just don't shut the vehicle off while in mud or water.
I'm 95% sure it's a one way valve cap on top, just know it's not been relocated. Raptors are good to 30" of water and I'm about .75" shy of a stock raptor height.

Reactions: AlphaJD

Extraterrestrial_GX

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Holly Springs, NC, USA
First Name
Izat
Last Name
Dagher
Member #

I'm a little skeered about the high water also. It was close to my door seals when it was dry last year. Send it!

If you keep a constant throttle and go at a steady speed you will create a bow wake (forgot the actual name for it) with your bumper and it will leave a lower level of water for your doors. As long as water is not above the front tire ( if you dont have a snorkel) it sould be fine.

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

My rear diff breather for the 4Runner has been ordered but still hasn't been delivered yet. Hopefully it will come tomorrow and I'll be scrambling to get it it installed before the trip. Oh and you guys were right. Took a few days but gmrs license showed up. Now just have to figure the radios out, lol

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I'm officially bowing out for the trip. Between the already high water, and the 1" of rain they are getting today i don't want to risk putting my daily through it. I haven't extended the breathers on the front half (Trans, Transfer case, Front Diff) yet and while there's about a 75% chance i'll be fine, just don't want to risk it. Coupled with the Axle seals on the truck needing to be pulled if I get too deep to inspect..... I'll just have to fight another day. I hate it, and hope y'all have a kick ass trip! I've got a plan in place though to get it rectified so i don't have these concerns again.

That being said i'm going to start working on a plan for another trip out that way (Linville Gorge, Old House Gap area) in early November. Once i get it together i'll put a Rally Point Together.

Hope y'all have an awesome trip though!!

Reactions: Primeauxrover