US Southeast Hurricane Creek and Max Patch

• HTML tutorial

Trevor Atchley

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
I'm officially bowing out for the trip. Between the already high water, and the 1" of rain they are getting today i don't want to risk putting my daily through it. I haven't extended the breathers on the front half (Trans, Transfer case, Front Diff) yet and while there's about a 75% chance i'll be fine, just don't want to risk it. Coupled with the Axle seals on the truck needing to be pulled if I get too deep to inspect..... I'll just have to fight another day. I hate it, and hope y'all have a kick ass trip! I've got a plan in place though to get it rectified so i don't have these concerns again.

That being said i'm going to start working on a plan for another trip out that way (Linville Gorge, Old House Gap area) in early November. Once i get it together i'll put a Rally Point Together.

Hope y'all have an awesome trip though!!

Discretion is the better part of valor, my friend.

I'm also in a holding pattern. My daughter broke her leg last week. She is home, but we're still adjusting to her limited mobility and the assistance required to help her with everyday activities. I'll reassess tonight, conference with my wife to see whether I can make it, and provide a definitive update tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: Primeauxrover

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

People are dropping left and right but as you said discretion is the better part of valor. I'm also in a hold as I was up all night with a very sick dog. I'll just have to see how she is feeling tomorrow.

This was also posted on my local news the other day and makes me very angry. Apparently it was something called a "riff raff" wedding???
Local hikers upset after finding trash at a beautiful mountain top destination

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

People are dropping left and right but as you said discretion is the better part of valor. I'm also in a hold as I was up all night with a very sick dog. I'll just have to see how she is feeling tomorrow.

This was also posted on my local news the other day and makes me very angry. Apparently it was something called a "riff raff" wedding???
Local hikers upset after finding trash at a beautiful mountain top destination

Ridiculous. When we go to Max Patch in October, I'm going to take a trash bag up there and grab anything I can find and fit in it. I'll have my sons with me, so we won't have a struggle hauling it down. I may call the Forest Service folks and see if we can just leave the bag or bags at the parking lot for pick up.

Shameful and sad.

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

So I really hate it cause I wanted to meet everyone but I'm going to have to bow out. My diff breather never came in and with rising water thats a small concern. However of more importance my 11 year old fur baby is very sick. I don't feel like I can leave her with friends or family while I go running around so I'm going to stay behind. @OverlandOzzy1 I'm not sure how the camp site works but I tow my weight. Since I had committed to a spot if I still need to pay for the camping spot please contact me via message with your paypal and I'll send you the funds

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

Thank you my friend. She's old but still enjoying life. She's had two rear knee surgeries and now has bone spurs and arthritis in her front legs. Not to get to graphic but she's had nausea and vomiting. She's my baby so her needs come first

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Ok, folks, how about a trail report? We'd love to hear about how much fun you all had and also see some pics! How was the condition of Hurricane Creek Road? Were the water crossings manageable? Did you see any bears? How was the weather? Let's have it!

ziggy stardust

Rank II

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
aaron
Last Name
von
Member #