First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi!

Beside the permanently installed coms I use also a handheld. Have a charging cradle for it with a cable which plugs into 12V.

Currently I am thinking about how to hold it securely in the rig. My favourite would be if it sits in the charging cradle. But how to mount this. Maybe someone has an idea here or have implemented it this way already.

Thanks,
Bjoern

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Ram Xgrip mount. I have one mount to where the grip handle is supposed to be on the driver side of my FJ. Lots of mounting options. Xgrip holds it well. It’s where I keep my phone but is also strong enough to hold a small handheld.

Reactions: El-Dracho

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I have thought making a holster out of Kydex and some how rigging the contacts in the bottom of it that correspond to the contacts on the battery. I still am thinking where and how to mount it.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I'm not sure how you would go about securing the radio to the charging base effectively in the vehicle. I know Motorola makes a few in car solutions for charging but it's Motorola so $$$$$$

Looks like someone does something for Yeasu as well.

Not sure what kind of radio you're trying to secure but maybe you could use an existing charging base with a strap like in the above solutions. If it'a baofeng type not sure if that would work since they ride so loose in their charging bases.

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I'm not sure how you would go about securing the radio to the charging base effectively in the vehicle. I know Motorola makes a few in car solutions for charging but it's Motorola so $$$$$$

Not sure what kind of radio you're trying to secure but maybe you could use an existing charging base with a strap like in the above solutions. If it'a baofeng type not sure if that would work since they ride so loose in their charging bases.

I have a Baufang uv 5

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

... I like the idea with the tie down strap - will try it! Thanks! If it works properly I will share some pictures here :smile:

It is a Yaesu FT-4XE I have.

Cheers, Bjoern

Reactions: Downs

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I use this
Rugged Radios MT-5R Single Side Radio Mount for Baofeng, RH5R & RDH Handheld Radios
holds my HT really well... I have several more on order to add HT mounting solutions to other projects I have.