First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I use this
Rugged Radios MT-5R Single Side Radio Mount for Baofeng, RH5R & RDH Handheld Radios
holds my HT really well... I have several more on order to add HT mounting solutions to other projects I have.
EXCELLENT!

Reactions: M Rose

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
When I was a fairly new ham, I got a cheap side squeeze type cell phone holder for my HT (I think it was an Icom IC-2a at the time, though I continued to use the same mount with my VX-7) a pretty heavy brick of a HT it used a BNC connector, so I got a BNC adapter for my external mag mount antenna. When I was playing on rough surfaces I would wrap a heavy rubber band around the radio and mount below the control pad. I never had the radio come loose no matter how bouncy the roads. After I got my first vehicle mounted radio, I would just stick the HT between the seat and console, but I expect if you find a suitable cell phone holder, it will do the job for whatever HT you wish to use.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi!

I just found an existing place in the rig now where I can just place the handheld with the belt clip. For charging purposes I will put it somewhere else then.

Thanks for all the ideas - great community!

Enjoy the day,
Bjoern