Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I just saw their site and for the DLA it's $159 free shipping and for the Sam $69 free shipping as well. Not bad at all imho

Reactions: HudsonZRoamer

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

I am just surprised these guys aren't more popular as their products seem legit! I am excited to hear some feedback on their products as well. I plan on doing a full review on my blog once I am able to test at least one of their products out.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Just picked up a steel bumper with D-Rings for my XJ.. I may have to give this a try!! Looks a LOT safer than just latching onto the bumper.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I like the idea of the SAM but it doesn't fit my setup. I have a slimline bumper and the recovery tabs are rotated 90* (the pin inserts vertically) from the way this is designed. Also, my sliders are made of square tubing so the rubber piece that supports round tube doesn't work either. It might be nice carry for other vehicles though.

Reactions: Mademan925

Jcast327

Rank 0

Contributor I

So i bought a used high lift 48" model 848. I cleaned it up with PB blaster and cleaned it with soap and water. The reverse mechanism is really hard to use i hit it with a hammer and the entire thing fell to the bottom, thought I would take it apart clean it again and lube with WD-40, does the same thing. I checked out a youtube video and read that when their is no weight the jack falls to the bottom. True or false?

PS. i went to the 4 wheel parts store and bought a rebuilt kit anyways since the pins were kinda rusted and the spring felt like they might be worn.

Reactions: Jose

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

That's correct. The HiLift will fall when the reversing lever is in the Down position (lowering a vehicle) and it's not under a load.

It also needs about 150 lbs. to engage and lift a load. Otherwise you simply put the reversing lever in the Up position, grab the handle and slide the Body up the Standard until it makes contact with the slider/bumper. Then begin the jacking process.

Jcast327

Rank 0

Contributor I

That's correct. The HiLift will fall when the reversing lever is in the Down position (lowering a vehicle) and it's not under a load.

It also needs about 150 lbs. to engage and lift a load. Otherwise you simply put the reversing lever in the Up position, grab the handle and slide the Body up the Standard until it makes contact with the slider/bumper. Then begin the jacking process.
Alright thanks. I'm gonna try it out before I replace the pins and springs.

seb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Breukelen, Utrecht, Netherlands
First Name
Seb
Last Name
Bass
Member #

Found out about this yesterday..pretty rad but pricey! Jack off your D Rings more safely.

They also make one that is less expensive model and uses your actual recovery point on your bumpers. I might just get this!

Anybody have any idea if I can get this or something similar in France or in Europe? Have been googling but can only find them with the jeepsneeds? They want 110 dollar for shipping... :flushed:

seb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Breukelen, Utrecht, Netherlands
First Name
Seb
Last Name
Bass
Member #

Send me a PM and I will take delivery and send it on via parcel post (cheap but slow). You can cover the shipping cost via Google Wallet.
Thank, I will let you know, for the minute this is all for the boss and he wasn't too bothered at the minute. I still have to convince the missus that we need a car... :innocent: