Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
What I like about the T4 plus is the long side skirts. So ultimately you could remove the floors and us it as a floor less tent and even install a stove jack and actually have a wood stove in this. With no floor draft like most other tent. Just thinking outside the box! Or inside the tent.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Yes though Gazelle. I'm planning on the T4 plus. $374 shipped. which on is the T6? is that one of the portable gazebos?
It may be the T5 I am thinking about. You can buy with or without the side panels. It is five sided I believe. I hate mosquitos so a screened enclosure is mandatory for me for outdoor living. Ventilation is the next thing I feel is important, if it's not cool inside who wants to go inside ?

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
Yea I agree, that's what I like about the T4 plus. The front room can go from screened in porch to walls too. Then you also have a dedicated sleeping quarter. My only concern is stowing it. I'm thinking on the roof, with spray on waterproofing and seam seal. Or possible a tyvak make shift bag. I chatted with Shawn today at Gazelle and picked his brain about it but other than that is all we came up with. I will have to look at in person to make a plan.
Has anyone come up with anything? The T4 plus is actually shorter packed up than the T4 by 4.5 inch. but still 5'-3" is a long tent to store in the boot.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yea I agree, that's what I like about the T4 plus. The front room can go from screened in porch to walls too. Then you also have a dedicated sleeping quarter. My only concern is stowing it. I'm thinking on the roof, with spray on waterproofing and seam seal. Or possible a tyvak make shift bag. I chatted with Shawn today at Gazelle and picked his brain about it but other than that is all we came up with. I will have to look at in person to make a plan.
Has anyone come up with anything? The T4 plus is actually shorter packed up than the T4 by 4.5 inch. but still 5'-3" is a long tent to store in the boot.
It will barely fit inside m LRD2 with at least one rear seat folded up. Since I have no passengers, no problem. Years ago they made a one wheel trailer with a Y Hitch For small vehicles like jeeps. I don't know if they still do or not but they may make one for a motorcycle that could be adapted to haul extras.

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
Well once I get it I’ll see what I can’t come up with and maybe post something on here about. I was even thinking maybe trying to find a plastic golf travel case and try doing something like that. Or big PVC tubing if they make it that big.

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
It will barely fit inside m LRD2 with at least one rear seat folded up. Since I have no passengers, no problem. Years ago they made a one wheel trailer with a Y Hitch For small vehicles like jeeps. I don't know if they still do or not but they may make one for a motorcycle that could be adapted to haul extras.
I just measured my D3 with second row seat down. It’s a bit over 6’ so I should be good there especially with theT4 plus. Once I load in the fridge and drawer system I’m working on that will be a no go.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well once I get it I’ll see what I can’t come up with and maybe post something on here about. I was even thinking maybe trying to find a plastic golf travel case and try doing something like that. Or big PVC tubing if they make it that big.
Yes they make PVC as big as 12" dia. I think 8" is about all you would need and they make end caps for the PVC as well.

Reactions: Scoutrover13

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
T4 PLUS IS 7'-10" X 14-'0" FLOOR PLAN AND 6'-6" TALL, COLLAPSED 11" X 11" X 5'-3"

T4 IS 7'-10" X 7'-10" FLOOR PLAN AND 6'-6" TALL, COLLAPSED 8" X 8" X 5'-8"

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
I had planned on ordering the T4 plus this week but had something come up and was not able to. But soon. I also have a wife and two kids in tow so the bigger T4 is the one I’m going with.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I had planned on ordering the T4 plus this week but had something come up and was not able to. But soon. I also have a wife and two kids in tow so the bigger T4 is the one I’m going with.
We used our T4 recently and it fit the 5 of use just fine. Me, wife and three kids under 10 years old.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
We currently use a REI hobbitat 6 with vestibule and it works. Would like the easy of setting up of the gazelle though.
What is the sleeping arrangement? Cots? Mattress?
We use one queen and one full size air mattress for all us. Two queens should fit just fine as well. There was room to spare.

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
LOOK IT UP ON AMAZON !
Lol I got him squared away with the sizes man it’s all good. He may have and was confused as he stated due to the T4 plus is actually shorter packed down. No worries.
We use one queen and one full size air mattress for all us. Two queens should fit just fine as well. There was room to spare.
We have a queen for the girls. I just use one of my backpacking mats. Sadly my dumb a** has never thought about getting another twin mattress. sometimes I’m an idiot! Lol
Simple but great idea, thanks for the enlightenment!!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Lol I got him squared away with the sizes man it’s all good. He may have and was confused as he stated due to the T4 plus is actually shorter packed down. No worries.

We have a queen for the girls. I just use one of my backpacking mats. Sadly my dumb a** has never thought about getting another twin mattress. sometimes I’m an idiot! Lol
LOL no problem, glad to help. What's good about the air mattress is that it conforms to the shape of the floor tent.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

My answer did sound a little short didn't it, I'm sorry. I discussed this with someone else in the first pages of this thread and I got all my info from Amazon oddly enough. I even calculated the width of the tent from corner to corner. All I remember now is that a bunk bed would not fit a T3 even at that angle, but a T4 was plenty big for bunks plus a queen. The length of the T4 and T4 plus was discussed earlier as well. I'm just tired today, sorry I was short and glad you were able to help out.