Gazelle Tents

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

SandlapperOverland

Rank II

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

Watch the YouTube review of the ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Person Tent.

To quote the content creator, “man that was a chore to put together with just one person...”.

And you have to deal with poles. Screw dealing with poles.

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Watch the YouTube review of the ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Person Tent.

To quote the content creator, “man that was a chore to put together with just one person...”.

And you have to deal with poles. Screw dealing with poles.
The video is not the tent I recommended. That one is junk.
Dang after seeing the size of your T4 next the the Tacoma - there is no way that is going in a JK hardtop with the doors still attached. That is why I don't have an OZ tent either :(. I guess I could just strap it down to the roof.
Check out this tent @$199;

Utilityman

Rank II

Traveler I

Albuquerque NM
Member #

The only con I've experienced with the t4 is the size when collapsed for transport. Currently we are strapping the tent to the maxtrax and crossbars. It’s not ideal but it will work till we get a proper rack. The materials seem to be top quality. We fit 5 no problem and have enough room for our bags.
I paid $195 during a sale.

B394E884-4828-4E4E-BF3C-8DBE6ADEFEE0.jpeg

692583DE-A3EB-4F59-AF8E-AA1AA17940B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Utilityman

Rank II

Traveler I

Albuquerque NM
Member #

@Utilityman what speed and distance are you typically traveling with the T4 on top?
I typically set the cruise to the posted limit. On the hard road around here the speed limits are 50 to 75. As for distance I usually stick to weekend warrior stuff so distances are typically 100ish on hard road and 30-50 on the dirt. Honestly I dont even notice it up there. I was expecting MPG to take a hit but it didn't.

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I typically set the cruise to the posted limit. On the hard road around here the speed limits are 50 to 75. As for distance I usually stick to weekend warrior stuff so distances are typically 100ish on hard road and 30-50 on the dirt. Honestly I dont even notice it up there. I was expecting MPG to take a hit but it didn't.
Probably increased your traction on the right side :grimacing:

Retinens803

Rank V

Member II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
C
Last Name
J
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN4BMJ
Thanks for the info. I was concerned about how the bag would hold up in the speed but sounds like it does good overall.

bmwguru

Rank VI

Enthusiast III

Indiana
Member #

@Utilityman what speed and distance are you typically traveling with the T4 on top?
I've carried my T4 on my roof rack at speeds up to 80-85 on the highway with no problems whatsoever. It was a 70 mile drive with 80% highway. I am considering getting a Thule or Yakima roof box that I can put the T4 and my Hi-Lift inside and lock it. Here's how I carried my T4 last trip. Not the best pics but you get the idea. The cooler is my buddies that we just strapped up there temp to go the 1/2 mile from the cabin to the campsite.

IMG_0734.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

Retinens803

Rank V

Member II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
C
Last Name
J
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN4BMJ
@91B/91S I haven’t forgotten about you! My goal is to attempt to get those pictures tonight or Sunday. House problems have interfered with my normal schedule.

CTO1Mike

Rank V

Advocate III

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC5DWF
Received my T4 on the 19th. Set it up in my drive way with no help and I am greatly satisfied. Now to see how long it lasts.

Reactions: Lanlubber