South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
I typically set the cruise to the posted limit. On the hard road around here the speed limits are 50 to 75. As for distance I usually stick to weekend warrior stuff so distances are typically 100ish on hard road and 30-50 on the dirt. Honestly I dont even notice it up there. I was expecting MPG to take a hit but it didn't.
Thanks for the info. I was concerned about how the bag would hold up in the speed but sounds like it does good overall.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

@Utilityman what speed and distance are you typically traveling with the T4 on top?
I've carried my T4 on my roof rack at speeds up to 80-85 on the highway with no problems whatsoever. It was a 70 mile drive with 80% highway. I am considering getting a Thule or Yakima roof box that I can put the T4 and my Hi-Lift inside and lock it. Here's how I carried my T4 last trip. Not the best pics but you get the idea. The cooler is my buddies that we just strapped up there temp to go the 1/2 mile from the cabin to the campsite.

IMG_0734.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
@91B/91S I haven’t forgotten about you! My goal is to attempt to get those pictures tonight or Sunday. House problems have interfered with my normal schedule.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Received my T4 on the 19th. Set it up in my drive way with no help and I am greatly satisfied. Now to see how long it lasts.

Ctullu

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alamogordo, NM, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LYJ
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
My T4 Plus just showed up, in time for a camping trip next weekend. I set it up in the driveway a couple time to see how the setup and tear down work. With 2 adults it sets up in about a minute without the rain fly, sightly longer with it. The tear down was a fiasco the first time but got it down after the initial struggle, the second time was no problem. The packed size is large and it will probably ride on the roof. Build quality seems superb compared to my previous tents, mostly Coleman and Magellan (Academy Sports’ house brand). I can’t wait to get this thing out to the woods to try it for real!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
After much debate in my head between a RTT and ground tent, I went with the T4. Even though I already have a 4-6 person Coleman tent, it is a pain to setup by myself. Hoping this will fix that.

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
After much debate in my head between a RTT and ground tent, I went with the T4. Even though I already have a 4-6 person Coleman tent, it is a pain to setup by myself. Hoping this will fix that.

Yea, ease of use is exactly why I went with it. Especially with the intent to use it with my two little ones as well. It’s a pain putting together my pole tents when it’s just me, I can’t imagine doing it with little ones running around.

I am curious to see how well the bag holds up overtime , since I currently put in on the roof rack.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Yea, ease of use is exactly why I went with it. Especially with the intent to use it with my two little ones as well. It’s a pain putting together my pole tents when it’s just me, I can’t imagine doing it with little ones running around.

I am curious to see how well the bag holds up overtime , since I currently put in on the roof rack.
Yup that's my case as well. I have little one that I have to keep a third eye on. I have the option of probably putting the tent inside the camper shell or roof basket. We'll see what takes priority when it comes time.

SandlapperOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

The Disc-o-bed will not fit in a T3.

I have the video of the wife admitting she was wrong and will permanently save that 6 second clip for future arguments.

So we will order the T4 Plus once they become in stock again.

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Runner

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The Disc-o-bed will not fit in a T3.

I have the video of the wife admitting she was wrong and will permanently save that 6 second clip for future arguments.

So we will order the T4 Plus once they become in stock again.
I was pretty sure my math was correct. Sorry it didn't work for you but you shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it with only a small loss probably. Your experience was a kin to putting a square box through a round hole.