Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
My answer did sound a little short didn't it, I'm sorry. I discussed this with someone else in the first pages of this thread and I got all my info from Amazon oddly enough. I even calculated the width of the tent from corner to corner. All I remember now is that a bunk bed would not fit a T3 even at that angle, but a T4 was plenty big for bunks plus a queen. The length of the T4 and T4 plus was discussed earlier as well. I'm just tired today, sorry I was short and glad you were able to help out.
No need for sorrys bro. At least not to me. We are good! I know my wife is looking forward to the tent. I think it will be a convenient addition!

slowrunner

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
nicholas
Last Name
strain
My answer did sound a little short didn't it, I'm sorry. I discussed this with someone else in the first pages of this thread and I got all my info from Amazon oddly enough. I even calculated the width of the tent from corner to corner. All I remember now is that a bunk bed would not fit a T3 even at that angle, but a T4 was plenty big for bunks plus a queen. The length of the T4 and T4 plus was discussed earlier as well. I'm just tired today, sorry I was short and glad you were able to help out.
Hey im sorry i wasn't able to look it up at work amazon and other website are blocked. when i finally got home at 10 i looked everything up.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Ran across a great deal on 2 Pelican 1770 cases. I was hoping that they would fit on my Prinsu roof rack with room for my Gazelle T4 in between. Well I couldn't ask for a better fit! I have moved the Hi-Lift out to the right edge since the video so now the left case is not resting on the awning brackets. I also turned the T4 so it was upside down so the handles and straps won't flap around. IMG_1045.JPGIMG_1044.JPGIMG_1043.JPG

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ran across a great deal on 2 Pelican 1770 cases. I was hoping that they would fit on my Prinsu roof rack with room for my Gazelle T4 in between. Well I couldn't ask for a better fit! I have moved the Hi-Lift out to the right edge since the video so now the left case is not resting on the awning brackets. I also turned the T4 so it was upside down so the handles and straps won't flap around. View attachment 115800View attachment 115802View attachment 115803
Very nice and very organized. Roof racks can be wonderful.

Reactions: bmwguru

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Very nice and very organized. Roof racks can be wonderful.
Thank you very much. They do look very integrated if you ask me. I drool over some setups I see on here and other forums. I try to make mine the best I can within my limited budget. Not gonna lie I never imagined I would have two of thees cases. It comes down to being in the right place at the right time! Gonna use the heck out of them I assure you.

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Y'all are awesome. I was researching tents today. Wife is very much against RTT. Plus we would have to spend more money upgrading her rack (car not wife).

I think we will be getting the T4. I want room. I will strap that sucker to the roof.

I love the Pelican 1770 idea!! That is slick.

Now to search the forums about vehicles.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Wife and I are going to pull the trigger and go with a Gazelle T4. Should for our queen mattress and a buddy heater (if we need it).

We have been using a Coleman air mattress. Does anyone have a better mattress?
Won’t be sorry.. we love ours!!!!!

For mattress, we recently picked up an REI Camp Dreamer Double

Reactions: Captstout

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: Captstout

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I prefer a cot which doubles as a couch kinda and memory foam mattress.
For my tent setup I do the same thing. I like being off the ground and able to store gear underneath the cot. My cot is a bit of a pain to setup but wit a pad on top it is super comfortable. I only use this setup 1-2 times a year though since I generally use my trailer. Nothing worse than your air mattress getting a leak in the middle of the night. Been there...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
For my tent setup I do the same thing. I like being off the ground and able to store gear underneath the cot. My cot is a bit of a pain to setup but wit a pad on top it is super comfortable. I only use this setup 1-2 times a year though since I generally use my trailer. Nothing worse than your air mattress getting a leak in the middle of the night. Been there...
I'm with you on that. Not that fond of air mattresses at all. I guess I am not the only one who has two different methods of camping out. I call my trailer civilized camping even when I'm disbursed and my tent camp is boondock camping. Then I have the travel mode car bed using the memory foam when I just pull off the road somewhere and nap or sleep when I'm tired or too late to set up camp. Been a while since I've done any and cant wait till fall to get out again with my new rig setups with solar for extended stays in the boonies.

Last edited:

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Bought a T4 Plus last year at Overland East, and as luck would have it, I haven't been able to use it yet. Still in the box. Heavy, I will give you that, the thing weighs a ton. Plan to bring with me this year for Expo East, and set it up. We'll see.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Bought a T4 Plus last year at Overland East, and as luck would have it, I haven't been able to use it yet. Still in the box. Heavy, I will give you that, the thing weighs a ton. Plan to bring with me this year for Expo East, and set it up. We'll see.
I think you will be glad you bought it last year, I think there was a hefty price increase this past year. Still worth it though to have plenty of room and be able to stand up too>

Reactions: MrCoffee

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
I think you will be glad you bought it last year, I think there was a hefty price increase this past year. Still worth it though to have plenty of room and be able to stand up too>
I did notice that. I think we got the Expo special pricing too. I have started on a new gym membership to be able to lift the T4 Plus in and out of the rig :)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I did notice that. I think we got the Expo special pricing too. I have started on a new gym membership to be able to lift the T4 Plus in and out of the rig :)
Don't leave your come along at home, park near a tree to have an anchor, then start jacking ! You'll get it out or off the rig.

• Haha
Reactions: MrCoffee