Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

I was pretty sure my math was correct. Sorry it didn't work for you but you shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it with only a small loss probably. Your experience was a kin to putting a square box through a round hole.
I’m just glad I have a, “I was wrong” moment documented...

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Received my T4 on the 19th. Set it up in my drive way with no help and I am greatly satisfied. Now to see how long it lasts.
Just finished up an overnight trip in the Tahoe National Forest. The T4 went up quick, which is good because it started raining, then hailing! It did a good job of keeping out the water. Tear down next morning went great. It was soggy so I set it up right away in my back yard when I got home. I did use a ground tarp and that helped keep it cleaner. Also, the trail was increadably dusty and the tent was in my uncovered F250 bed. The bag did a good job of keeping the dust off the folded tent.

Sorry, no photos of the tent in camp.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Just finished up an overnight trip in the Tahoe National Forest. The T4 went up quick, which is good because it started raining, then hailing! It did a good job of keeping out the water. Tear down next morning went great. It was soggy so I set it up right away in my back yard when I got home. I did use a ground tarp and that helped keep it cleaner. Also, the trail was increadably dusty and the tent was in my uncovered F250 bed. The bag did a good job of keeping the dust off the folded tent.

Sorry, no photos of the tent in camp.
Smart buy IMO, looking to buy one soon now that I have a roof rack for my LRD2 to carry it.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
As an aside, FOUR of us on the trip had the same exact, to the color, T4! LOL
I like the green but when hunting I prefer the orange so someone doesn't shoot in my direction and cause a firefight accidentally. :- ( What color do you have ?

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Interested in buying a T4 but have time to wait for a good sale. Any suggestions on places to watch for any Fall sales?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Interested in buying a T4 but have time to wait for a good sale. Any suggestions on places to watch for any Fall sales?
Keep an eye out @ the OB store of you are a member. There is a member on this thresd that has a new T3 for sale if your interested. Check with @CTO1Mike

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
I got my T4 off eBay (new) when they eBay did a 20 or 25% off anything sale. They do them randomly throughout the year. A lot of stores and companies sell their products on sites like eBay and Amazon for more exposure and sales.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Compare the OB Store price with the Gazelle website price. You might see enough of a discount to pull the trigger on the purchase.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I got my T4 off eBay (new) when they eBay did a 20 or 25% off anything sale. They do them randomly throughout the year. A lot of stores and companies sell their products on sites like eBay and Amazon for more exposure and sales.
I haven't seen one of those nice eBay coupons in ages....

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
I haven't seen one of those nice eBay coupons in ages....
Haha yea. I don’t remember if it was eBay that sent me a direct email about the promotion, or if it was through slickdeals.net. That’s also how I bought all my suspension parts for my XJ back around New Years. Saved 20% off my total cart amount through various venders/sellers.

chris_nc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whitsett, NC, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RBL
Had this delivered to my front door yesterday! Can't wait to set it up and check it out. I have a really nice REI Kingdom 6 that my daughter and I use when camping at a normal site for several nights. The plan for this is to replace a smaller Coleman tent that I use when doing more overlanding type trips where we're on the go a lot more and setup/break down of camp is more frequent.

Attachments

Reactions: Retinens803

Scoutrover13

Rank I

Contributor III

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
I"m ordering one today or tomorrow. Just a heads up if you sign up for there email subscription they will give you 25% off coupon and free ground shipping. 30 day coupon
If I like it I might think about selling the REI hobbiat 6 with vestibule as the replacement.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I"m ordering one today or tomorrow. Just a heads up if you sign up for there email subscription they will give you 25% off coupon and free ground shipping. 30 day coupon
If I like it I might think about selling the REI hobbiat 6 with vestibule as the replacement.
Sign up with who, Gazelle ? Sounds good . I'm planning to buy either a T4 tent or a T6 for it's versatility and removable sides !

Reactions: Scoutrover13